Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

'MY FIRST NITOR TRUCK"... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES. HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

'MY FIRST NITOR TRUCK"... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES. HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 01:54 PM
serious_rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'MY FIRST NITOR TRUCK"... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES. HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS...

Hello everyone at RCU. Some RCU members replied to my queries related to purchasing my first truck. The link to my post is :

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_40...tm.htm#4013478

How ever i have few more question, which i posted on the same forum, to which i didnt recieved any reply.

Kindly if possible, pass on your suggestions, replies to my newly posted questions, it would be really helpful for me to go ahead with my future purchase.

Thanks,

Peace,
Gautam.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:07 PM
goodin

Default RE: 'MY FIRST NITOR TRUCK"... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES. HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS...

Could you post your questions you didnt get a reply to here? That way we dont have to go searching in the other thread.

Go with which one you like the best and one that your local hobby store carries parts for. Opinions are subjective and most people strongly believe that the truck they own is the best. It is safe to say that the top monster trucks now are the REVO, Savage X, and LST 2. The new 3.3 Revo and Tmaxx looks sweet, but they are kinda pricey. I have a Revo and it has been a great truck and I havent broke anything but an a-arm. So I would suggest a Revo or the new Revo 3.3 when it comes out in a month, if you can afford it. I think it will be about 600. But any of the three trucks above are good.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:20 PM
bauerbach

Default RE: 'MY FIRST NITOR TRUCK"... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES. HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS...

theyve revised the revo price, looks like itll come in somewhere between 510 and 540.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:01 PM
serious_rc

ORIGINAL: goodin

Could you post your questions you didnt get a reply to here? That way we dont have to go searching in the other thread.
Well thank u all for your contributions and valueable responses.

After reviewing all your opinions, i would finally like to be going for SX. (savage x). Meanwhile since i am a total newbie in the area of r/c hobbies, i am not been able to understand terms like "break-in", "spur gear", "tranny" etc. these words are totally alien for me. But i can still judge from all of your opinions, that u would certianly recommend savage-x to me.

Ok, now other questions i have about savage -x are:

1) Give me the list of all necessary tools, sprays etc to maintain my truck. As i specified in my before post, i have to order everything with the truck itself, coz later it wont be possible for me to get a anything else in case its needed. Not even a single "nut".

2) The towerhobbies description for the savage truck says that it has a "2 channel" AM based 27mhz radio. Now isnt AM based frequency has less range than the FM based frequency? Because my current Kyosho mini-z mad force just goes to 20 feet and looses signal. So i have to move towards it in order to gain control.

3) I would be making home based fuel for the savage. Please how much castor oil would u recommend to add in the fuel? (i wnt be adding nitro). So should it be 20%?

4) Does the savage-x comes default with the roto-start?

5) Are there any head/tail light kits available for the savage-x? If yes then please provide the link.

Will ask more, once all my above questions are clarified.

Thanks,
Gautam

Old 03-12-2006, 03:08 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Tools come with the Savage. You will need a flat head screw driver for tuning. Other tools you can get as you need them. Get some after run oil, some air filter oil and a small can of wd-40.

2) The radio is not great, but it works and you should get much more than 20 feet. If you are getting that short of a range, change the crystals in the radio and receiver and see if it improves. If not, change the receiver. The stock AM equipment can be had very cheap on ebay.

3) I have never made nitro fuel and have no idea where to start. I use 20%.

4) The Savage comes with the rotostart. You will need a 7.2 volt flatpack battery for it.

5) I have seen light kits. Check on ebay. Not my thing, but looks cool.

Hope that helps a little. I am sure others will fill in the many blanks I left.

ORIGINAL: rc_indian

ORIGINAL: goodin

Well thank u all for your contributions and valueable responses.

After reviewing all your opinions, i would finally like to be going for SX. (savage x). Meanwhile since i am a total newbie in the area of r/c hobbies, i am not been able to understand terms like "break-in", "spur gear", "tranny" etc. these words are totally alien for me. But i can still judge from all of your opinions, that u would certianly recommend savage-x to me.

Ok, now other questions i have about savage -x are:

1) Give me the list of all necessary tools, sprays etc to maintain my truck. As i specified in my before post, i have to order everything with the truck itself, coz later it wont be possible for me to get a anything else in case its needed. Not even a single "nut".

2) The towerhobbies description for the savage truck says that it has a "2 channel" AM based 27mhz radio. Now isnt AM based frequency has less range than the FM based frequency? Because my current Kyosho mini-z mad force just goes to 20 feet and looses signal. So i have to move towards it in order to gain control.

3) I would be making home based fuel for the savage. Please how much castor oil would u recommend to add in the fuel? (i wnt be adding nitro). So should it be 20%?

4) Does the savage-x comes default with the roto-start?

5) Are there any head/tail light kits available for the savage-x? If yes then please provide the link.

Will ask more, once all my above questions are clarified.

Thanks,
Gautam

Old 03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Timmahh
Banned

other tools are a good box of rags, some nitro cleaner, though simple green works well too. wash wish Simple Green, then hose off and dry. a good pair of needle nose pliers, 3 inch jaws, a pair of hemostats, no not for the roaches, for the fuel lines and tight areas to work in. A GOOD Flexable light will be INVALUALBE, whether working on the truck or just for an extra bit of light anywhere... i would also recommend a quality allen head driver kit.... easier that useing regualar allen wrenches and saves time too.

radio as said should be good, my stock tmaxx contollers work over 200 ft away, but the latency is noticable. upgrade to a quality controller and reciever when you can afford it, i use a JR XS3 Pro, my neighbor the XS3, good range and only probs i ve had is understanding all the optional settings, and a low reciever battery.

not sure of mixing the fuel but go to the engines forum, there is a place there solely for fuels mixing and information... good stuff maynard.
( note the 20% used by alvinl is the nirto percentage, the castrol/lube mix will be stated elsewhere.) one fuel i use is called a 20, 20% nitro, but it actually has a 12% lube content, ive seen as high as 18% available locally. i prefer a bit more lube with higher than 20% nitro.

3300 Mah 7.2v battery pack and charger for the rotostart.

light kits available on ebay, 20 or 30 bux for head/tail. 20-30 for runners and turns. set up lights to power from a seperate battery than the one you use for receiver/servos. this will lessen the interferance form the lights ( and yes you WILL get interferance whether you notice it or not if powered from the same battery. plus bat life is greatly shortend, light pull alot of current.....

HTH
Good luck
Tim
Old 03-12-2006, 10:40 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

also add a hump pack for ur receiver,a spare spur gear,some dogbones,allen keys or the hex head screws,after run oil,air filter oil,shock oil,glow plugs,glo plug driver some of the tools youll figure out while ur working on the truck..u can prolly email tower and ask if they ship nitro...ill also recommend ultimatehobbies they have good prices on rtr trucks..
Old 03-12-2006, 11:32 PM
destrega

Yea im not sure if your engine will run on just methanol with no nitro content... it might but it would probably would not make very good power.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:38 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

maybe youre better off if u just buy the hpi baja then u wont have any problems on nitro