Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Lst2 Vs Savage X Vs Revo

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:30 PM
giants17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lst2 Vs Savage X Vs Revo

I would also like to know how durable the lst2 is as well as how easy the engine is to tune. I have an mt2 18ss and the thing is a pain. I guess I would like to know which(Savage X 4.6 or lst2) is the most durable, easy to maintain and tune. Thanks for any posted opinions.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:01 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

aww come on guys give the savy a lil credit i have 2 one's on my pro the other on will be on there shortly be ne way the one thats going to be on soon i can kick every truggys ass at my track its pretty sad i have a low CG kit all CVD's proline 23mm adapters 4 the standard size HD velocity dish with crimefighter mtr's an novarrosi 528XRR motor / new era wing kit also a single shock setup so it will be a lil more nimble in the corners and a spektrum radio system. some guys at my track have at least 1000 in thier truck n they still get their ass's handed to them and they just piss n mone haha but cya later.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:55 AM
mongdex

revo is the best get it savage sucks[:'(]
Old 07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
[email protected]

the lst2 tunes easy and runs very good all day long with out losing a tune, as soon as someone talks about racing I have to say LST2 is the best choice. Put it this way if you buy a lst2 and go to the track with AA's 7.2 pack for the starter and a charged reciver pack you could be racing in about two hours with 8 or more other trucks due to the radio. the revo, mgt and savage can't do that. oh and the LST2 has the best stock engine of the trucks. It would take two hours of break in time because you don't want to rush that on any rc engine. there is only one down side to the lst2 and that is the life of the battary pack only last about an hour of driving cause of the duel servo's for the steering.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:23 PM
dStruct714

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDeUdmYME0]CEN GST 7.7cc vs. Revo[/link]
Old 07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That revo is only a 2.5 and the 3.3 has much more power. The revo could not beat a savage if it is broken before a race. The lst2 has a mach 427 and is a great engine. It can handle a beginner without harsh punishment. The lst2 can handle what you throw at it racing the track, You don't need the savage for the race course because it will take some money to ge it to be race ready. The revo also needs a good amount of money to get it lighter and ready to race. The lst2 just needs some adjustments to make it less sloppy such as washers in between wheel hexs and diff oils changes. The wheels also have a problem staying straight under hard bumps. Some stiffer springs for the servo savors will fix this problem. The lst2 is the best choice IMHO.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:48 AM
ttoks

you don't need to throw a huge amount of money at a revo to get it race ready, all you need is to know how to drive and to disconnected the reverse, if you start getting into pure racing trucks then no matter what you have, you'll need to throw a huge amount of money at it, and the only time you'll need o do that is when you cant drive and need everything you can to get an advantage.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Snaut Rocket

IMO racing is the worst thing you can do to your truck. If your bashing your just driving around hitting some jumps little things like that.
But if you do hard core racing. your going to be working on your clutch, rebuildig your diffs and doing adjustments constantly. thats why those competion trucks are so expensive there made to take that kind of abuse. Now a revo isnt made to race that hard. your better off bashing.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:29 PM
JATO11

How about the new savage x 4.6 big block it is faster than a revo and the same speed as a revo 3.3 but whatever you want pick one you like most
Old 07-24-2007, 05:18 PM
dStruct714

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

That revo is only a 2.5 and the 3.3 has much more power. The revo could not beat a savage if it is broken before a race. ...
I have a real hard time believing even a 3.3cc Revo could beat a 7.7cc GST, I mean I know for a fact I can smoke the crap out of a Savage X and it's got a 4.6cc motor.. I will admit though a stock GST is more of a basher then a racer, but man is it ever a basher, when a cement trash can jumps out in front of you at least 40mph+ and all it does is scuff some plastic from a head on with it. That's impressive for a 17lbs. beast.

A lot of people have never heard of CEN or a GST and are quick to judge or shoot it down, but you guys really should reconsider and take a second look.. I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:52 AM
ttoks

the CEN NX 7.7 was dynoed at 1.58 hp in a 17 lb truck, the 3.3 was dynoed at 1.08 on the same in a 9 lb truck (thats with the 7.7 running 20% O'donnoll i think it was and the 3.3 on 20% sidewinder tested by xtreme RC magazine), weather or not the numbers are 100% accurate is irrelevant because for the purpose of a comparison, they are spot on (if a dyno is out, it is out progressively, if a 200 hp engine get's dynoed at 180, and 400 hp engine will get rated at 360 on that dyno ect), so a revo 3.3 has a much better power to weight ratio then the CEN GST despite the CEN's larger engine.

and the savage 4.6 RTR isn't faster then the revo in top speed, they are very similar (both are claimed 45, though i'v heard of a few people getting both to 43 stock), the revo will handling better and get to the boil faster however because it is lighter.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:17 AM
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: ttoks

the CEN NX 7.7 was dynoed at 1.58 hp in a 17 lb truck, the 3.3 was dynoed at 1.08 on the same in a 9 lb truck (thats with the 7.7 running 20% O'donnoll i think it was and the 3.3 on 20% sidewinder tested by xtreme RC magazine), weather or not the numbers are 100% accurate is irrelevant because for the purpose of a comparison, they are spot on (if a dyno is out, it is out progressively, if a 200 hp engine get's dynoed at 180, and 400 hp engine will get rated at 360 on that dyno ect), so a revo 3.3 has a much better power to weight ratio then the CEN GST despite the CEN's larger engine.

and the savage 4.6 RTR isn't faster then the revo in top speed, they are very similar (both are claimed 45, though i'v heard of a few people getting both to 43 stock), the revo will handling better and get to the boil faster however because it is lighter.
ttoks do you have a savage 4.6?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:54 PM
CD80

Well I went out and bought a LST2
So far no real problems, it's survived some pretty hard crash landings on the track. I'm having a little trouble finding a good balance between low speed and high speed fuel mixtures, but it's still some what new. If anyone gets a LST 2 you might wanna take up stock in threadlock though, I've lost my rear wheel drive a few times now even with using red threadlock on the set screw (and make sure you rethreadlock all the wheel nuts, the factory job wont hold). My only complaint is that the battery pack doesn't last for very long.
The stock tires are pretty slippery on the track, but once you get use to it they make for some fun drifting on corners. But it'll spin out if you get on the gas too hard right after landing a jump, so I'll probably get a different tire style once I get the hang of things.
Don’t bother putting the decorative fin on the body until you get the hang of the jumps on your track, the double sided tape cant handle more than a couple harsh landings.

Anyone have suggestions for shock oil and dif.oil that would be good for racing?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:19 AM
ttoks

no, i'v been talking to vpr something something (cant remember his name) who has the X 4.6, i'v driven the RTR 4.6 however, and overall i was very impressed with it, it stands up to it's basher title.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
[email protected]

I was just asking because the savage is fast and the jump out of the hole is faster then the LST2 in the first foot or so with the 4.1. the savage will wheelie with no problem if tuned right. Now the 4.6 is a monster from what I read. I think the savage transmission is very good and strong and holds up to a lot. Now my savage can't make high speed turns like my LST2 and will flip very easy if going to fast on a turn. At the back of my house I was playing with a revo and that seemed to flip a little easy was not on it's feet like the LST2. I think it does that cuz when it hits bumps it gets put in the air. I did not like the revo controler at all and don't like the savage one either but I do like the LST2 radio set up a lot. I would replace my radios with the JR on my other trucks that how good I think it is.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Snaut Rocket

I think we all can agree that losi did there home work when they desinged the lst2.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:59 PM
RCtruckRacer

Anyone have suggestions for shock oil and dif.oil that would be good for racing?
Start with 30K shock oil front and rear, and 10K diff oil front and rear. That is a good place to start. The next thing you need to consider (after getting a bunch of track time) is weight reduction. They start out at just over 13 lbs, but you can get them down to here:
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 AM
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

Start with 30K shock oil front and rear, and 10K diff oil front and rear. That is a good place to start. The next thing you need to consider (after getting a bunch of track time) is weight reduction. They start out at just over 13 lbs, but you can get them down to here:

Is that a nova .28 with a stock spin start? that truck must fly and very hard to control with that kind of power. I bet you could never be hammer down on the track you would just sit and spin out. nice LST2
Old 07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
CD80

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

Start with 30K shock oil front and rear, and 10K diff oil front and rear. That is a good place to start. The next thing you need to consider (after getting a bunch of track time) is weight reduction. They start out at just over 13 lbs, but you can get them down

Thanks for the input, I've gone through about half a gallon fuel now, but only a few of those tanks were on the main track. I love the oval dirt track though since I have the stock tires still, I get some good drifting in (that and there are no jumps for me to mess up on…singles and doubles are fine, but the triples get me 70% of the time).

Yesterday I took it to the park and had quite an audience while I was working on my engine tuning. It's amusing how people just seem to pop outta nowhere to watch a nitro RC. My motor seems to like a rich low speed mixture for now, every time I try to lean it a bit the idle starts to spit and sputter.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:24 PM
RCtruckRacer

Is that a nova .28 with a stock spin start? that truck must fly and very hard to control with that kind of power. I bet you could never be hammer down on the track you would just sit and spin out. nice LST2
That is a 528XRS. And Thanks! I just took off the tiger drive and put on the plastic losi spin start plate. Much better. It was the old plastic style tiger drive, which sucked. The Nova is modified, and in the right hands (not my own) my LST2 can keep up with the truggies. I am actually at a 3 day race right now, practice just ended. Quals tomorrow and Mains on Sunday. There were times today where I felt like I was just along for the ride with that LST. I had quite a few people as me if it was a Muggy - practice for MT's was mixed with truggy during controlled practice. And a lap here and a lap there I was keeping up with those truggies, so people must have thought I was racing a Muggy. I believe, albiet probably foolhardily, that I might have a chance this race. All the really fast drivers around here went to the Manufacturer's Cup race in Cour D'Alene, ID. Lots of Factory drivers up there too. Yay me! I might do well cause everyone's gone!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:48 PM
treve

well my uncle has both the revo 3.3 and the savage x 4.6 and the savage is asome it has faster exeleration and top speed I would choose the savage it jumps alot better than the revo too and it's tougher than the revo that's my opinion.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Love2FlyRC

It Seems To Me That If Your Going To Race At All, Even Just 40% Of The Time The Revo Seems The Definate Answer. And I Have The Truck Take A Beating! I Mean A Serios Beating!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 PM
mbaca

Hi I am a bit new the the RC world but i was just wondering in a straight line race strock for stock what car do you think would win
Revo 3.3 Savage 4.6 or the LST2

PS: Does the LST2 have some good top speed I have a old Tmax I am getting rid of and looking for a new ride thanks for any info

Mike Baca
Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 PM
twomanytoys

Straight line the Savage RTR f4.6 would win. The revo would get it off the line but savage would pull on it. The LST is also pretty fast but the Savage RTR is a screamer. Best all around truck is tehe lst2. LST2 is the best of both worlds. The revo and lst are mid 40's while teh savage is upper 40's.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 PM
MadManAndrew

Savage will take off way faster than the REVO, considering the torque to weight ratio difference between the two, and the REVO catches up in the middle cuz its gotta a much better mid, and then The Savage tops out faster at high end...As for the LST2, I hear it takes off just as fast as the Savage, but has worse mid and high range than both REVO and Savage....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.