Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo only way to go.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:06 PM
TGreg24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo only way to go.

the way i see it other than goin truggy, the only really good investment would be the revo 3.3 because, you have center diff and rear break, exstended chassis, bump start, ingenious suspension, and plenty of aftermarket parts, its just worth it, dont ya think.

if i would have known the revo 3.3 was coming out i would got that insted of upping up my maxx,[&o] oh well.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:20 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Revo only way to go.

ohh i agree with ya!! but i know whats coming....
Old 03-26-2006, 06:22 PM
TGreg24

do you really kno wats coming, dude you should of told me that the 3.3 was coming i would of got the revo. fo sho.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Chronic

The new Revo ought to be pretty good. My two biggest complaints with a stock Revo's handling is the lack of grunt and the twitchy attitude in the air. The bigger engine should help a little with the first problem, and the longer wheelbase could do nothing but improve the in flight attitude. If they made a race oriented kit version, I'd have it on order already.....
Old 03-26-2006, 07:39 PM
TGreg24

they make a kit revo, but its a 2.5
Old 03-26-2006, 07:43 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TGreg24

they make a kit revo, but its a 2.5
Traxxas doesn't.... they're all RTR's.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
SkylineGTR

the revo 3.3 doesnt come with center diff or rear brake. the only differece between the revo 2.5 and 3.3 is the 3.3 has the 3.3 motor and an extended chassis....it has p2's with it also. the center diff and rear brake setup is an optional setup.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:11 PM
PSG-1

Just have to be light on the throttle in the air. I'd take as much air control in the air as i can over no control at all any day.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:56 PM
TGreg24

the revo 3.3 doesnt come with center diff or rear brake. the only differece between the revo 2.5 and 3.3 is the 3.3 has the 3.3 motor and an extended chassis....it has p2's with it also. the center diff and rear brake setup is an optional setup.
duh i kno this [:@] noob (J/K!!!)

Traxxas doesn't.... they're all RTR's.
your right traxxas doesnt but there are kits out there.

the revo comes in rtr and kit version but its only the 2.5 as of now
Old 03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
A.B.U

Well.. it probably wont.. The only way you can keep up with a truggy is if you use a real truggy..
Old 03-26-2006, 09:56 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

Well.. it probably wont.. The only way you can keep up with a truggy is if you use a real truggy..

did ya read the fist sentance of the thread?
here it is just to clarify...

"the way i see it other than goin truggy, the only really good investment would be the revo 3.3"
Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: PSG-1

Just have to be light on the throttle in the air. I'd take as much air control in the air as i can over no control at all any day.
I like the way the Revo acts jumping a ramp or showing off, but I wasn't talking about that. It seems to constantly need correction in the air. I think the longer wheelbase would help it fly flatter, handle better, and be more consistent. Just my opinion.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:29 AM
PSG-1

I don't have any problems... and most trucks need constant attention in the air anyways. My old savage, my friends lst and my Revo all need constant input in the air to land on all 4's. I'm just light on the throttle and i usually only ever have to make one correction in the air... usually no more than that. Even on the backflips and dobule backflips.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:57 AM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: revopqrs

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

did ya read the fist sentance of the thread?
here it is just to clarify...

"the way i see it other than goin truggy, the only really good investment would be the revo 3.3"
Yeah I read that. And you cant really "Hang" with a truggy with a MT. Hmm.. I think I ant a revo to stick a center diff. and rear brakes in.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:45 AM
RCtruckRacer

I just got back from my first big race of the season. I was surprised to find out that many of the Revo guys were considering NOT buying the uprgades - center dif/rear brake etc - because they thought it would put them in the truggy class!! It seemed that almost 1/2 of the Revo guys weren't aware of the rule changes in RC Pro, and it started a near building-wide discussion of "which came first, the chicken or the egg" type thing.

The average lap times for the fast guys in MT and Truggy class only differed by around 2 or 3 seconds a lap. That is a pretty big difference in a 30 min main, but not so much in a 5 min qual. Could the new upgrades shave that much time off a lap? That remains to be seen, but eventually I believe it will.

This is the first time running a truggy class for the Northwest Championship Tour. The new class had over 30 racers and qualifiers didn't end until after midnight!!! The poor guys running the track had to put in 15 + hour days. That won't happen for long. The two MT classes WILL be combined when the lap times get close. No one wants to put in that kind of time, and I certianly don't want to wait around for 4 hours in between heats for a 5 minute qualifier. This means that the Revo may no longer be the truck of choice for racing. I think the upgrades will make the truck JUST competitive enough to combine the classes. Then, only the very best Revo drivers will actually have a podium chance in a class that looks like it will be dominated by the likes of the Jammin CRT-1 and the 777 conversions etc.

It will be very interesting to see if other tracks also have extended days due to the extra class. Quite a few of the racers complained about the extended wait times in between heats, and at least one other track owner was attending as a racer, and vowed to not repeat the long day. No one wants to stay at the track till midnight, go home (or back to the hotel) to get his/her vehicle ready for the mains the next day. And then have to get up early to make the drivers meeting in the morning. By my last qualifier, I knew my suspension wasn't quite plush enough and I needed to change out my shock oil and sprins etc. I was up till 2 am getting my truck 'just right,' and had to be up before 7 am to make it to the track on time.

The lack of sleep really affected my driving, as it did everyone else. Everyone was walking around with bags under their eyes, and it took away some of the fun.

To make a long story short, if you get the Revo for racing, be preparied to jump ship next year.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:19 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

2 or 3 seconds is alot....