Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

How accurate is our temperature readings?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How accurate is our temperature readings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 02:33 PM
chas010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How accurate is our temperature readings?

Hi everyone, i noticed over the last couple of days since purchasing two MIP onboard temp. reading devices (mechanical connection) that they read consistently off from my handheld duratrax flashpoint (infer red). Now its just an observation but my duratrax reads 40 degrees lower on two different cars for example the mip would be indicating 240 and the duratrax would flash around 200. I have a stock lst2 and a revo with an os 18 tm and just thought it was peculiar how its off a consistent amount between two mip units, by the way when the mip's are switched they remain consistent with each other. I tried a more expensive handheld unit (ill have to get the model type) that seemed to split the difference between my duratrax and the mip's temp indicated wise. Also I just want to state that the emissivity settings were entered on both units for anodized al. surface types. Just want to give anyone here a heads up that tuning by temp looks to have a large +/- 20 degree window depending on which instrument you use so Im going to tune by sound and smoke.
thanks jason
Old 03-28-2006, 06:08 PM
stall70

Default RE: How accurate is our temperature readings?

your supposed to tune by sound/smoke/performance temp gauges are only meant to be guides.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: How accurate is our temperature readings?

i have a raytek and its pretty consisten with the VTM i have. but like stall said tune by performance not entirely by temps.