MudbugnTX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default I need some Information

I have a list of trucks we run here at our office and I would like some honest answers from you guys who own them. We run them in straight line races and also around a flagged track with turns. Both are on grass. I would like to know your answers based on speed and overall handling. Durability would be great also.

Here is what we have:
1. Traxxas Revo 2.5
2. Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3
3. HPI Savage 25
4. HPI Savage 25 Limited
5. HPI Hellfire

Here are some other we do not have but would like info on:
1. Duratax Warhead
2. HPI Savage SS 4.6
3. Traxxas Revo 3.3
4. Any other you guys know that I have not listed

Thank you for your input.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:44 AM
snowbl!nd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: I need some Information

Duratrax Warhead - avoid at all costs. Just read the "anyone own a Warhead?" thread. Most of the people who purchased the truck have regretted it, and sold them.

MGT MT-A4 - one of the most underrated trucks on the market. Tough as nails, good features and a very good racing platform (just about everyone at the track i go to races an MGT / MT-A4). There are two versions availible, the .21 and new .28. I have the .21 and the engine is a screamer, very easy to tune. Highly reccomend this truck!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:52 AM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the fastest and best handling trucks on that list may be the revo and tmaxx 3.3. in stock form. they are the lightest trucks with the most engineering, and now with the 3.3; perhaps the best power to weight ratio to boot. not saying their unbeatable. the other trucks have a distinct advantage in their size, they can go places a revo cant as far as clearing some double jumps and such, takes alot more practice to master the bigger trucks.

at tracks the revo/tmaxx really rock because they are lighter than most other "racing trucks"; of which LST, savage, and hellfire come to mind quickly.

I bought an LST2 though, and though I lost to the revos at the track to me it was like when the corvette Z06 out performs the ferrari I wasnt too hurt. just wish I had a revo 3.3 sitting next to the LST2 sometime soon.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with snowbl!nd, The mgt is great, i have one, it keeps up with my friends t-maxx 2.5. It is really tough, i have jumped mine about 10ft long, and 7 feet high, nothing broke. IT is really great, and the new 4.6 is supposed to be even better. I am happy with my purchase. And if i lower the ride height, it doesn't flip over that easy since it is so wide.