Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Monster GT 4.60

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Monster GT 4.60

There are i think two different gears in the tranny, and in fact it's still not "all metal" gears. Although the gears were replaced in the 4.6 there was nothing wrong with the plastic gears in the original, so there isn't much reason to change them.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:00 PM
vinny422

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry but i cannot agree with you about the tranny change. Im more then sure there are plenty of reasons for the tranny change. I think the main reason is because of the engine change. The plastic gears might not be able to handle the power.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:42 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "all metal transmission" in the new 4.6 is a marketing gimmic - there was no issue with the plastic gears in the transmission, but an "all metal geared transmision" sounds more impressive (despite it being a lie). There are many people over at http://monster****rum.com/ with many gallons through very powerful engines who have had no trouble whatsoever with the plastic gears in the tranny. The 2-speed shaft is another story...

Also, metal gears weigh more than plastic, so it's actually putting more stress on the drivetrain by adding rotational mass.

But if you're after a really solid drivetrain, there is a full set of titanium gears availible on the net.