Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

need screws for RRP? Diffs, HELP!

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

need screws for RRP? Diffs, HELP!

Old 04-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need screws for RRP? Diffs, HELP!

hey all, for exposure, im gonna put this here too. i need these screws? they are for my RRP ( i think its an RRP metal diff part ) Diffs and there are 4 small screws that go into the ring gear and hold the diff cup to the ring gear. check the pic. screw is about 2mm in diameter and maybe 4 mm long with a counter sunk head. Any help locating these would be VERY appreciated.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57129.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	439207  
Old 04-05-2006, 09:53 AM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: need screws for RRP? Diffs, HELP!

Just a suggestion and I hope it will help you. Could you try your local hobby shop if you have one and maybe compare hardware? Sorry to sound ignorant and stupid, but what is a rrp? is it a monster truck? If you can find the thread pitch and diameter, and length, there are good chances you can find a match. Try going to tower hobbies and looking up some different monster trucks and there parts list tower gives pretty good descriptions and parts breakdowns.

good luck
Old 04-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Silverman RRP is short for Robinson Racing Products. they carry a large line of upgrades for your rc cars and trucks. i m looking into a lhs, one thinks they MAY have them instock.. will have to go find out. thanx for the options... the only dumb question is the one not asked. thanx
Tim
Old 04-05-2006, 10:01 AM
binaryterror

Ok measure the outside diameter or width of the thread portion, if its 2mm then yes its a 2mm screw.

To measure the length measure from the top of the countersunk part all the way to the end of the thread thats the total length you need.

What is this for? If it's not metric, the fun really begins.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Timmahh
Banned

it is to hold the Diff cup to the ring gear in a set of Robinson Raceing Metal Gear Differentials for my T-Maxx. i think it is 2mm, but the length is going to be hard to figure. the ONE of 4 that i have that gets threads is only making one or so turns in b4 its tight. i think it may be wore/broke off, my lhs thinks they are 8mm screws so if they are, i need to replace them all.. appreciat the measureing info, knew about the width but didnt know the head was included into the length.. good info to have... thanx
Tim
Old 04-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Timmahh
Banned

dought, hit the enter button twice. hate it when that happens.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Timmahh
Banned

update. Dug into the orig diffs, found the remainder of the bolt. They are 8mm long. when both pieces are put together...thanx for all you input..
Tim
Old 04-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Chronic

I know it's easy to determine a fasteners size, but when in doubt, haul your parts down to the hardware store and keep trying stuff until you find the right one.