Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which one is the most recommendable?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Which one is the most recommendable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:41 AM
khkim0102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one is the most recommendable?

Hello, guys!

I have a Savage 25. And my friend is very impressed by my truck, so that he wants to buy a monster truck, asking me which one is the most recommendable.

But I have no idea, bucause I have run only Savage 25 just for a couple of months.

These days, HPI trucks, Revo & Traxxas trucks, and Team Losi are popular.

Which one is the best? Especially which one has almost trouble-free quality & long-term reliablity?

And what are the characteristics of each truck?

Your answers will be so appreciated. Thank you so much for your attention.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:01 AM
icantfly

Default RE: Which one is the most recommendable?

i cant speak for anything except my savvy x but it is very easy to work on and is very durable. this is my first truck and it has been easy to run, take care of, and fix. hpi has excellent customer service so if there is a problem it isnt a hasle to take care of. *i* really only have problems with screws coming loose and my spur gears stripping. not everyone does but even if he does they are easy enough to replace or upgrade. so i would say that the x is a good choice for a first truck. just remember though, what ever he gets, rtr doesnt mean take it out of the box, gas it up and run it. make sure you check everything over. ie. tighten screws, check gear mesh, check play in cb. make sure the servo's opperate with in limits and you have full throttle and full break, ect.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:32 AM
avalanche wolf

what he said . I love my X , it is my first truck and I can never get enough of driving it. HPI is awesome on the phone and the truck and reallllly take a beating and keep going. I have been REALLY amazed with what you can put this truck through , flip it on its wheels and get into some more trouble.

X all the way !
Old 05-03-2006, 12:22 PM
avalanche wolf

I guess it really depends on what you are going to do with it.

Back yard bashing , jumping and just having fun go with the X , it is going to be the most durable out of the box and is really a great truck. This is not to say you cant race the Savy since they are still pretty fast and get durable which is a must for begining drivers like me that spend just as much time on the lid as the rubber.

RACING - Get a Revo or Revo 3.3 from the info I am getting from other members this truck was MADE for racing in the MT class and will smoke the stock X. Losi is really made for the same type of stuff.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:58 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

try posting looking around in the MT forum. there are plenty of threads liek this. between these trucks it comes down to what appeals to you. savage is the toughest of the bunch. the revo may be the best high end and maybe handling but an LST might run with it. and they all have their share of problems
Old 05-03-2006, 02:46 PM
hugh.jeego

yea. if he wants to race + bash........revo
Old 05-03-2006, 05:59 PM
pulse213

ORIGINAL: hugh.jeego

Looks like this little Revo slipped out of the Traxxas pen and thinks he's a Savage now!!

Throw him back over the fence before he gets hurt!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Chooglin

I can only compare the Savage to the 2.5 T-Maxx. To me,the T-maxx is way to fragile, I am a basher and to me,the T-maxx just cant take the abuse that a Savage can...................Just my opinion
Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Wizz Kid

quick! i think grandpa went to get the shotgun![X(]
Old 05-03-2006, 09:42 PM
the savage killer
My Feedback: (5)

This is just my opinion but i go through a lot of trucks because i can't make up my mind..... I had a revo which is great for racing but it broke a lot and the 2.5 engine sucked to keep tuned and ran hot, the tmaxx is brittle and same issues with the engine. I've had a savage 25 savage ss and a savage le which i have now and they were all awesome bashers i tried to break my le at the end of the day at our last bash and couldn't....... i love the three speed as well it has a mach 28 and is compariable with my new baby lst2 but can't handle near as well. The lst2 which cost a lil more is my fave the huge shocks make for great handling and it is pretty tough too.... so far. Not quite as tough as the savage but still a good basher. So bashing only i would say savage racing only either revo and replace the engine or lst2 just my thoughts its goin to come down to what you want
Old 05-04-2006, 09:24 AM
hugh.jeego

ORIGINAL: pulse213

Looks like this little Revo slipped out of the Traxxas pen and thinks he's a Savage now!!

I simply said that if he wants to race aswell as bash, then revo. what the hell is your problem. oh yea, you are a savage owner that has to start sh*t on every comment. you have the mentality of a 6 year old.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Roy_e

geez geez boys....

Savage all the way..
Old 05-04-2006, 10:26 AM
tadracket

The problem with this question is you are going to get a different answer almost everytime. What you need is some hands on. Do you have a club or track close by or some friends that would let you test drive their trucks?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
pulse213

ORIGINAL: pulse213

I simply said that if he wants to race aswell as bash, then revo. what the hell is your problem. oh yea, you are a savage owner that has to start sh*t on every comment. you have the mentality of a 6 year old.
LOL, easy boy! Yeah, I'm a Savage owner on a Savage forum giving an out of place Revo dude a hard time. Don't be so sensative. This is a Savage board for crying out load. You gotta take your lumps,if you come over to this board with an aggenda. Why are you over here anyways? This board is littered with traxxas threads.

Why don't you guys stay in your forum,or at least the General Monster Truck forum? Or, take a poke in stride. What do you expect to happen over here,when you keep pushing your Revo's on this board?

Again, it was meant in fun. Didn't mean to make you cry!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:27 AM
hugh.jeego

It is an hpi thread which i choose to read sometimes as i may get a savage one day (when the bank balance makes it past $500). make me leave this forum!!!

This thread is about making a decision between a few trucks. I posted my opinion that if he is considering racing at all then the revo is a good choice. if you don't like my opinion, you can suck it, but theres no need to start makin jokes and flamin about one truck or the other. say your piece and your opinion but like a typical savage owner (not all but most) you can't wait to have a dig at the revo. i never bad-mouth savages. I could say your just tired of seeing them lap you and therefore your bitterness has grown into one giant ball of hatred, and that you want to stop this guy from getting a revo so its one less person to fly past you and make you look a fool. but then again why would i say that? there's no need, i don't just join a thread and start flaming. i only argue when people challenge me for no reason.

*waits for savage retaliation*
Old 05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
pulse213

a little touchy aren't we?

Sure sounds to me like you hate savages,and savage owners alike. Go back over the last few days and read your comments on this board.

Get a life dude, and take your lumps like a man. Life is to short to argue over who has the best toy's.

I could care less what you drive,and you won't see me on the traxxas boards pushing a savage. Never even been to that forum,no need.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:01 PM
hugh.jeego

so if im not supposed to post here, what is the point of this thread in this forum. i don't hate savages, nor savages owners, just the ones with the big mouths. you go back and read them, i post my opinions and i sometimes react when people talk trash. so sue me...
Old 05-04-2006, 12:04 PM
hugh.jeego

plus you are a hypocrite
Old 05-04-2006, 12:22 PM
pulse213

I've been called worse by better.

By now! I need to get back to work,so I can afford another **Savage**

It's been fun chatting wid ya, your a funny guy!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:24 PM
hugh.jeego

i'm sure you have, and i don't blame them either.....lol

but neways no hard feelings......just don't like you is all. and i'm sure you couldn't care less. l8rs
Old 05-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Chronic

I would assume this thread is posted in each forum.... if not, then the person who started must want to hear the opinions exclusively from the Savage crowd.

All of these opinions are just that. Alot of people will never heavily modify their trucks, and unfortunately the stereotypes are true for the most part when the discussion revolves around stock trucks. In my opinion, Revos aren't all that, but they are better for racing OUT OF THE BOX.

All of these trucks can be modified to run the minimum allowed weight in organized MT racing, so that advantage can be taken away from the Revo. Suspensions can be modified, engines can be swapped... pretty much everything can be changed. It's all about how much time and money you want to put into it. I chose the Savage to build upon because at the end of the day, it's the stronger and more durable truck. You have to finish a race in order to win it.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:20 PM
hugh.jeego

ORIGINAL: Chronic
You have to finish a race in order to win it.
lol. how come revos dominate nitro races and events around the world. lol. they seem to be finishing just fine.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:33 PM
dracy69

because traxxas is the only one with factory MT drivers.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
hugh.jeego

i didn't come into this thread and say revos are the best thing ever blah blah. i simply made a fair point that even savage owners have made before. if your planning to race at all, revo is a good choice. what the hell do you want me to say? thats about the most unoffensive opinion i have ever stated. i didn't say savages sucked, i didn't say revo was a supertruck. i had one simple piece of advice, and immediatley somebody had some smart comment to make. i don't take things personally, the only reason i continue to post in this thread is because i am right in what i am saying. i did NOT insult savages, i did not come over here with the 'hybrid' attitude.

what exactly is your problem? i have said nothing wrong except try to answer someones question in a fair and logical way. why does that offend you?
Old 05-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Wizz Kid

ORIGINAL: Chronic
You have to finish a race in order to win it.
lol. how come revos dominate nitro races and events around the world. lol. they seem to be finishing just fine.
cause its a race truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.