Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

More Newbie questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 04:07 PM
1siktkt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Newbie questions!

Alright I just got a Savage X and I want to know somethings before breaking in. What is the best breakin, heat cycling or factory recommended way? Where is good info on heat cycling? How often should you check your diffs and spur gear adjustment? Anyone know where to get monster truck bodies that look like the "real" monster trucks? Thanks
Old 04-08-2006, 04:29 PM
rc skillz

Default RE: More Newbie questions!

go to you lhs or hpiracing to get "real" MT bodies. i would check your diffs and spur gear every 2 weeks depending on how much you run it. im not sure about break in
Old 04-08-2006, 09:25 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Heat cycle is the best way to do Break-in,
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=397
OR,
http://www.rbmods.net/enginetempering.php
Old 04-08-2006, 09:43 PM
jombo

the only thing i would do is check all the screws and see if their loctite and what i like to do is all the tvp put a dab of silicone sealant or rtv on the screws that are in plastic so they dont fall out while your driving. and the diff, you can check them whenever you feel their is a need to. i have mine for 2 years and have never checked them since i did the 4 spider conversion.and the heat cycle is the way to go. btw i would also tighten the 2 speed so it dosent engage, just one 90 degree turn should do it so in breakin you dont melt the spur gear, you can always adj it later after breakin.
but most of all have fun. you'll love it.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:44 PM
BigECB

So in the heat cycle method, do you go for the full 2-3 minutes after you have achieved the desired temps (190-200)? Or is it a hard 2-3 minutes from start time to shut down as long as you hit the target temp somewhere in that time frame?

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2006, 01:51 PM
1siktkt

Thanks for the info the break in will have to wait the roto start took a crap when I was trying to start the truck. Worked a couple of times and then it just spun without spinning the starting shaft. The LHS that it got iot from didn't have any that they could exchange since I got the last Savage X that they had. Looks like I gotta call HPI on Monday.