Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Will a looser slipper clutch save your truck?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Will a looser slipper clutch save your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:58 AM
psychorevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a looser slipper clutch save your truck?

I had my 3.3 Maxx set with a very tight slipper and it would wheelie in first and second and hold a wheelie forever until I let go.

After fifteen runs, my transmission yoke and drive shaft twisted.

Theoretically, the slipper clutch is supposed to absorb the grunt of the launch and impact from the motor. If I loosen it, will it prevent the twisting and bending of the driveshafts and yokes?

Do you think my off the line launch will suffer much?

Thanks much in advance guys. I know the new trans for the 3.3 Maxx and the Revo (Opti Drive) are very strong but the drivetrain is still a bit weak.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Infinite Gundam

Default RE: Will a looser slipper clutch save your truck?

The slipper clutch if set correctly as suggested will save your drive-train from possible breakage due to impacts from crashes or wot landings, but the shafts will still twist over time with usage.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:47 AM
binaryterror

I race with engines more powerful than the 3.3 engine, and let me tell you in my Revo I've never bent or twisted a stock driveshaft or axles.

But again, I set my truck to not wheelie but not all through the slipper, since I race. The Slipper being tight is bad as is loose, you need to find a happy medium. Also loosening a slipper and a proper tune will still get you wheelies. It should not wheelie in second, no need.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Timmahh
Banned

yes a loose slipper clutch CAN Save your truck, loosen the slipper clutch untill it dont catch, now your truck cant move so it cant hit anything and break.. unless it falls off the shelf its setting on..lol

do what bianarry said, it works great.

Tim