and_des

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Need a bashing truck.

I did a lot of reading on all the post concerning those trucks now I want your opinion. Narrow it down to three trucks all of them are RTR but I already have a decent Tx,Rx combination so the RTR Tx and Rx are going to be sold as soon I open the box. Don't want to HopUp the truck, its going to stay stock except for the weak area. Would be nice of you guy's to tell me any weak point or recurring problem for each truck. I don't need a rocket here just a decent truck build to take a lot of abuse.
Thanks for your time.

1-LOSI LST2
2-MGT 4.6
3-SAVAGE X

and_des bashing
Old 04-13-2006, 10:14 PM
whitesox350z

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Need a bashing truck.

savage x...im gettin one
ppl beat the sh*t out of them and they don't break anything
they're all great trucks, but the parts support for the x will be much better than associated and difinetly losi

also....savages are the king of bashing
Old 04-13-2006, 10:25 PM
stall70

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

sav 4.6 kit,tough,fast,and doesnt need any hop ups to bash!!+you can put a decent radio/servoes on it to begin with! in the long run that would be cheaper anyways.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:32 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LST2
Old 04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im quite happy with my LST2, but then again I havent driven either of the other 2!

thus far in my noob driving Ive broken a spindle, and yesterday the clutch bearings. for a over a gallon of bashing and racing(essentially more bashing ), a total of about 4$ in parts. Id say thats pretty good.

and I like to pretend its the fastest truck on the track too. its all me holding it down so far .

havent seen the need to "strengthen" anything, but I did a FOC to strengthen/streamline/lighten that whole area, and a steering link mod to give it more steering. Im putting on a swaybar kit this weekend, and I got some aftermarket clutch shoes too.

after markets all there, just might not be at the local hobby shop. there is no question its not as common as a savage. but I liked that about it. bringing flavor to the track.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Wide Open

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

im the loner with the mgt. so far its been a great truck... plus its REALLY easy to work on. the stock engine puts out great power, and the suspension is perfect. also, its super fast!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Chronic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Okay, this is a question about the best and most durable truck for bashing....and I'm a Savage guy, so forgive my bias here.

Buy the Savage, there is a reason for all of the hype. No truck is indestructable but the Savage is as close as you're going to get from anything out of the box.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:59 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Savage X. fast, tough, and easier to work on than the old savages. and for ME of all people to recommend the RTR over the kit is sayin a lot for the RTR.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:40 AM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

who didnt expect this to become a "post which one you own" thread

bah all guilty. but then again, we all had our reasons. none of them are any stranger to abuse, thats for sure. if they couldnt take the bumps, they wouldnt be so well represented on this board.

throw a dart, or narrow down what you really want from the truck(though even then, probably just throw a dart).

I picked the lst2 cause its huge, looked well built, and I had a history of losi trucks. that was way more than enough to tip me away from the revo. which Ill probably also own some day.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:05 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

bauer...i suggest the Savage X because of its strengths. I also bought it because of its strengths...I've had a Revo and a Maxx too, and run with a few LST's (no 2's, though), and the Savvy X is the best straight basher MHO, hence, why i bought it:P

if i didn't think it was the one to get, I wouldn't have gotten it.

blah, screw it...get a Pro 15 Maxx!!!

*EDIT*

oh, yeah, don't count out the Tamiya TNX...REAL nice truck.

*EDIT* again...

it also looks like i'm the only person without spur problems on my X. perhaps coincidentally, I think i'm also the only person running an aluminum clutch on Savage X with the stock engine, too. upgrade your clutch if you get the X, and MAKE DAMN SURE the gear mesh is set right before you even THINK about starting breakin.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:37 AM
mikewoodkozar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have had a Savage, an LST and now have an LST2, by far the most durable is the Savage. I love my LST2, but i think i am going to pick up a Savage for my friends (who dont have a truck) to beat on when i show up with my LST2, i dont like to let them feel left out!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:54 AM
rc skillz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

savy X im getting one. most hobby shops carry tons of parts for the savage. mine does
Old 04-14-2006, 09:04 AM
ssj2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Savage has always kinda been the toughest truck out there, considering almost every bashing video company (SlapMaFro & Beaverstick) use Savages and they don't break. I would have to go with A Savage on this one, I've also heard that the MGT is pretty good, but I would still go with the Savage because of the reputation its built over the years as a hardcore basher. (My opinion)
Old 04-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Wide Open

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

another thing to consider is how easy it is to work on. no offense but i think the savage would be a pain, the lst would be mild, and the mgt is just flat easy.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:22 AM
and_des

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I really like to read your feed back so keep it coming guy's. I would like to know if I get a SAVAGE X or LST2 what would be needed in spare parts in my tool box to keep those running. I know the savage have problem with the spur gear is there other things, I need to know ,and what about the LST2. Knowing I'm going beat the hell out of my truck some wrenching is going to be needed at one point.
I know there a lot of similar post like this one and want to thanks you guy's again for you answering my questions.
and_des
Old 04-14-2006, 09:36 AM
jombo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if you are willing to spend 600.00 for lst2 why dont you consider the cen genesis? its a tough truck and it has a 3 speed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31759.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	445143  
Old 04-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Wide Open

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jombo

if you are willing to spend 600.00 for lst2 why dont you consider the cen genesis? its a tough truck and it has a 3 speed.
i agree that its a pretty sweet truck, but arent parts a pain to come by for that? the lst, savage, and mgt all have excellent parts backing by almost every hobby shop.
WAIT!! i know!! you should get all three and tell us which one you like best! but that might make a little bit of a hole in the wallet. oh well, theyre all good trucks, you really cant go wrong either way.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:40 AM
and_des

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's always about the money and the WIFE.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Wide Open

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: and_des

It's always about the money and the WIFE.
yes, that could get in the way. maybe it just depends on how much you are willing to spend.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:04 AM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lst2 can break carriers. thats one of the 2 things Ive broken, and from my asking, not alone. good news is ita 7.50$ for 2 carriers and 2 spindles. bad news is you have to get those stupid spindles with it. but I guess if they break... you'll be prepared. they are another part out on the edges taking alot of feedback from the tires.

clutch bell bearings are also prone to damage. you can fix that with a pretty simple modification(add a 3rd bearing and a longer screw to fit it.) or just keep replacing the bearings every gallon or so at 4$ a pop.

for what its worth, the lst2 comes with a radio you wont want to sell. it has 6 model memory, and an LCD readout, not to mention the sythesized FM frequencies.

but if you do choose to sell it still(dont know why you would, its possibly the best out of the box radio ever offered), radios from the savage or mgt are essentially worthless, their both AM, and the mgt isnt even synthesized AM. the lst2 uses a 200$ radio with synthsized FM channels. not that a radio is swaying the truck, but the price difference might be narrowed if you consider that.(which I guess just makes the choice harder).

go to the track and check them all out, thats what I did. though different trucks. there were no savages or mgts at my track. there was 1 lst2 and a bunch of tmaxx's and revos. from looking online and comparing it all here and there and everywhere. knowing they were all good trucks, the lst just looked the best to me. the 4 HUGE shocks seems better than the 8 narrow ones. and the chassis seems alot more spacious.

not to pick on the savage, and this is totally based on sheer what looks prettier. but IMO a well designed truck should be a well laid out truck. and touching the savage just looked like a nightmare.

vs

that sold me...
Old 04-14-2006, 11:05 AM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

edit: the essentially worthless statement about their radios. not ABOUT the radios. Im sure thier fine. thats a statement about them on ebay. they go for 10$ at most. the jr XS3 runs from 50-150$ on ebay.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:24 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-TMAXX-ST...QQcmdZViewItem

Get this. The current bid is $210, and its hopped up like hell.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:26 PM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you pushing your auction in every thread?
Old 04-14-2006, 12:28 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Its not mine, I just think its a great deal.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
and_des

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

bauerbach
So looks like there no major problem with the LST2 that's good to know. About the radio they supply with this truck I know its a really good one. About AM radio in my own opinion its a good choice to keep the price low of RTR since most manufacturer don't sell there MT as kits. This winter I got a really good deal on and Airtronics M8 and spectrum system so that why I don't want to keep the supplied Tx,Rx in the kit.
and_des

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service