Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Y IS THIS STALLING??

Old 04-14-2006, 09:06 PM
corona672

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y IS THIS STALLING??

hey,i have a used savage ss 25 and i don't really know why it is stalling and is hard to start... ( im a noob...)

whats going on is whenever i try and start it, ( the glow plug ignitor and roto start are both good ) itll take a while to start and when i do start it, it will stall out in about 2- 25 sec. i took out the filters and checked them out and it looked like one side was fuel looged..[:@] also, the idle position ( once again im a noob.. ) looks like its under 2 mm but im not sure if i have to take out the filter to see it all but i really dont feel like taking it apart because ill know ill screw somthing up.....

anyways i think its the idle thing but also when i start it up, it will kinda spurt out a liitle nitro were the engine meets the pipe....

tell my what you think is going on!! i need help really bad!!

Thanks.....
Old 04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Y IS THIS STALLING??

try to chnge the gasket between header and the engine,make sure that you primed it real good when starting..
Old 04-14-2006, 09:28 PM
bauerbach

sounds too rich if its spitting fuel.

Id try leaning it out a bit hour increments on the turns. the idle screw should be the last thing you set; and its very easy to get that in the ball park. pull the air filter and check it; about 1.5-2mm should be good though. but really, if the idle was that low it probably just wouldnt start. plus, you could just trim up the throttle a bit to test that as the problem.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:30 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The air filter that hangs off the carburetor should be coated with air filter oil. If it's dirty, wash it out real good with warm soapy water. Let it completely dry, reoil it with air filter oil and put it back on. Make sure you prime your motor before trying to start it. The easiest way is to take the fuel line off the exhaust and blow in it. You will see the fuel move up the fuel line. When it reaches the carburetor and the air bubbles go out of the line, stop blowing and put the line back onto the exhaust. Now put your glow starter on and try to start it. Also, when it does start, it's OK to give it a little throttle to keep it running. It might idle a lot better once it warms up. I normally start mine with the wheels off the ground, that makes it easier to keep it running until it warms up.

If you are getting unburnt fuel spitting out of the exhaust header where it meets the motor, you may need a new gasket. Or, try repositioning it to get a better fit. If you are getting fuel spitting out of the plastic coupler that joins your muffer with your header, you may have a break in it or you may need to put new zip ties on it and tighten it up.

Congrats on your new toy and welcome to the Savage club.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

If mine dies when i give it gas,it is usually because it is to rich, it makes it hard to keep running, and start too.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:15 AM
corona672

thanks...

ill try that out and see if it works....
Old 04-15-2006, 12:24 PM
corona672

sry bout the 2 replys in a row but started it up and ran it for a while and then it died.......so i tried to start it up again but wont.. [:@] tried moving the needles around but still wont start and i think my c battery in my glow plug igniter is dying from trying to start it so much now....

im going to florida so feel free to have a convorsation or whatever i dont really care...

p.s can my glow plug dye out too?? how do you know if its dead???.....

thanks......
Old 04-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Wow, i forgot all about the glow plug, this has a big influence on your engine, yes they can die out, wrench out the glow plug and stick it in your igniter, see if it glows bright red, if it doesnt, then you have a bad glow plug, make sure your battery is charged. Also, i have read in magazines, that if it is a older plug, or the one you used for break in, then it will affect your tuning and make it difficult. I hope you can get it running.