bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default nitro quake/thunder quake owners called out

ok heres the scoop..i have a nitroquake and i stuck in a mach 26 engine which is about twice the h.p. of the stocker .21 ..2.75 hp in any case with the .21 the truck is pretty much bullit proof however this motor is a bit more then the gears are wanting to take i kept reading about sticking in thunder quake gears as there stronger however they were just discontinued..so in any case does anyone know of any stronger gears for this truck ..i just locked the center diff hoping to alleviate the shelling of the front gears but im a lil spooked as to if my rears wont shell out too.. so if anyone knows of something along these lines please give me a holler i did add the custome hose clamp to input area of the gear box..not the springy 1s that most have used but a screw hose clamp so im pretty sure thats not the problem..lol.....o yea..and im the old school type..i want some cool rims for this truck..not the typical pimp rims that im able to find all day long at all the hobby shops..any clues there?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89759.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	445736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30948.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	445737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38791.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	445738  
Old 04-15-2006, 03:24 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: nitro quake/thunder quake owners called out

You are killing gears on that truck? With center diff trucks, you shouldnt lock that center diff. There is no slipper other than the center diff. So the center diff relieves alot of the drivetrain stress. What size hex hub is on that truck? I see the wheels are a wide offset. I believe that truck uses an odd 19mm hub though doesnt it? If thats the case, i'd advise finding a 17mm, or 23 mm hub that will fit that axle. It's probably just an 8mm axle, so any 17mm hub configuration should work. That would open up your options.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yea i did just lock the center diff and i have the 17 mm wheel adapters from ofna incase others wonder about that however i havent found any half *****ed rims for it yet that would fit my old car taste...so yea i just locked the center and im hoping the gears in the front will hold up to the task as the reasr are still good and the fronts only slip when i pound on the throttle at this time...but i would still like to find something stronger for it..so please throw any ideas my waythanx thermal
Old 04-15-2006, 05:55 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You're in luck then. Since you want non racer looking wheels, you have options. Off the top of my head, here are a couple.

First off, not many people know this, but Imex makes a 17mm wheel. Check em out!
[link=http://www.imexrc.com/TEMAXX_RIMS_NEW.htm]Imex MT wheels[/link]

You're also in luck, because HPI, the kings of style when it comes to wheels... Has just released the warlock wheel. These are 17mm as well. If these arent cool enough, then i just cant help ya. lol
These come in many colors, but of course... Black is best!

Judging by your pics, you'll need the ofna extended axles for these wheels. I believe your wheel setup is wide offset. The Imex should be perfect though. Also Ofna makes the dominator wheels which look nice too.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yea i did just run across that site and they do have some good lookin rims and yea i was hesitant about locking the diff however its been 2 times in a couple weeks that the front has shelled the gears and i changed out the bulk head and played with the shimming and i guess it may be wrong however my theory is that with the engine trying to push both axles instead of running the front like mad it will even out the power and hopefully judt drag the motor a lil more..and yea many can say just go easier on the throttle but uhhhh no..i dont wanna ..its my truck ..lol..and if i gotta grab 1 of the neighbor kids and have him sit on the truck to even out the power then ill try it..lmao..in any case i plan to buy another set of gears soon but if locking the diff doesnt work then i dunno..ill havta think of something..i have a 2 speed ofna tranny coming im wanting to try out however if its geared lower then id really have a gear issue so id like to find a good working combo b4 i try to attack the gears with even more gear trashing power...lol
ps i like the blue but i also like the brushed...
however if i could only find something along these lines..and yea i know its impossible however its my forum and ill cry if i want to..lmao

Name:	Bz77698.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	445880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38123.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	445881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90307.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	445882  
Old 04-15-2006, 10:55 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WOW! I have not seen a nitro/thunder quake in years! I had a nitro quake as my first nitro. I really did love it. A fun truck indeed. But I slowly peaced it out and thew it away now got a maxx. Keep the legend alive!
Old 04-16-2006, 01:54 AM
bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no worrys there..ill be keepin this 1 around
Old 04-16-2006, 01:03 PM
bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok heres the results of my research..the demon/axis have a 15:45 ratio and the thunder/nitro quake have 10:50 and all swapable so i think im gonna try the 15:45 gears and see where that takes me..im also working on getting http://www.extremercparts.com/ to get some some aluminum bulkheads made..hopefully..well see how that goes
heres the research pics:

Name:	Tr51055.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	446170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31174.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	446171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48388.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	446172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn31636.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	446173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny26211.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	446174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ne56241.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	446175  
Old 04-16-2006, 10:05 PM
bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

im posting just to redo my notification emails from here in any case any other mods the quakers should know of?...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

and btw thermal..with the center diff locked im seeming to not have the gear issues..even with the front gears still being trashed as i wanted to make sure everything would hold up..and im not trying to do the "told ya so" thing just wanted to let yall know i think the biggest issue was just that the front would spin wildly and this keeps it alot more in control and it gets up and moves real nice too..now i just gotta go get the new from r/p gears
Old 07-27-2007, 10:19 PM
muck76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am bringing this out from the dead, What did you find with this Bob?
I am looking at a NQ roller for 135 and am concerned about my mach 427 tearing the gears up.
thanks Matt
Old 07-28-2007, 11:58 AM
bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well matt what i found was this and i have heard some flack for it but its my experiance that i locked the center differential potherwise just the front would spin pretty much untill catastrophic failure..lol but after locking the diff and new front gears everything seems to be holding up very well
Old 07-28-2007, 12:31 PM
muck76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I saw your post on locking the center. I can see how it helped being around Revos with the ceenter diffs. You need to add the 500,00 diff oil to them to help keep the front tamed.
I like how the gears to the TQ are helical. Nice pics. GLad to hear it worked out for you. Now if i can get the seller to respond to me i may have a TQ coming for 135. I have a mach and radio waiting for it.

Thanks for the info, you may hear from me more yet!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:43 PM
bob67cam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok cool its been a long time since ive heard anything in this forum..im always looking for more and good luck on the nq there an awesome off roader
Old 07-28-2007, 04:09 PM
muck76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ahhh I have to wait until later this week to make it happen. My car diedon the way home from work and it needs repair first.... Grrr
Old 07-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Cal-Torque

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Honestly, no offense guys, but I don't understand why anyone would spend a dime on this truck. It was discontinued by Duratrax for a reason. It had limited potential in it's time, and with no parts support, it's pointless to have one now.
The engine was terrible, the drive train was awful, the shock towers were weak, the electronics sucked , the plastics were bad, etc, etc.
I don't mean to start another bashathon, but this truck just doesn't have any value. Get a used TMaxx dirt cheap. They suck too, but at least you can find plenty of parts.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:02 PM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

it wasnt discontnued by duratrax for any reason other than the owner of the supply build house passed and Flying Point folded... I still rock quakes