revopqrs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Is there a better truck then the REVO or LST

not in my opinion... those are the 2 best, flip a coin.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:16 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

NO!!!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:31 PM
mosavage

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

matters what its for. If you want a awesoem bash truck. I would get a savage over both
Old 04-16-2006, 12:08 AM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

nah, theres your small and nimble, and your big and steady.

I hear alot about savages and bashing. but they seem to have their share of common breaks like they all do, so Im not sure what makes them better specificly. if anything, Id say the revo because traxxas is so darn mainstream for parts.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

there are so many threads on these trucks, everyone has there own personal prefrence, Personally i like the mgt, I think traxxas is cheap, good for entry, but i think they could improve thier rtr gear, but like i said, everyone has their own ipinion, including me.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:05 AM
cruiserx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

looking at the revo...i really dont know how traxxas could improve on the quality on that rtr truck and all the gear that comes with it..no other manufacture compares to traxxas in that way...but i do agree about the monster gt..i think it is always over looked..that truck offers alot for the money..it's cheaper than a savage and lst and comes with a pretty strong .28 motor..and it seems very reliable.it's big and tough and handles pretty good..
Old 04-16-2006, 02:11 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Personally, the Revo and LST are at the top of my list.... as far as best trucks on the market. So, to answer your question... no... there is no better truck than the Revo or LST.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I know the Revo comes with some good stuff, and i do like traxxas, i have a rustler, but i was just saying that, it seems to me traxxas is always a littler behind, Maybe not with the revo, And they do have great support, and everyone has part supllies for them, Right now i think the lst2 is the best monster truck.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:32 AM
SkylineGTR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LST is second best to the revo IMO. i have drove em and there not "zippy" i guess you could say? i just felt really slow with it. I hate savvys. so there not even listed for me. but i will go against what most would believe and say that the MGT does seem solid. i have read up on em and watched a few vids, then saw one at my LHS, there not fast form what i saw ( it was stock) but it rolled and tumble into rocks plenty and held up...and to not break just flipping means its better than something...something being the savage. any revo can handle 4 times that though...
Old 04-16-2006, 11:49 AM
stingray5280

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think the LST2 is the best monster , the Revo is ALOT smaller and my friend has one and breaks 20$ in parts every time out . I would choose a Mayhem ST over a Revo , there the same size and the mayhem ST has ALOT less BS .The new 3.3 is eating up diff gears everytime out on my friends revo, It even broke a traxass diff locker, series , plus all the other problems that the revo has including the weak drive shafts . i think he has broken 3 of those in the last gallon also . The ones that go from the diff to the wheels , also traxass uses a plastic drive train where losi;s is all steel . the revo drive train cant handle the 3.3 period , 2 bevel gears LOL, what a joke ... plus you will need to get rid of the optidrive get a pull start and glow ignitor , all those bells and whistles traxass uses just creates more problems ...oh ya and the rims are junk too ...
Old 04-16-2006, 12:34 PM
lst2maniac

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stingray5280

I think the LST2 is the best monster , the Revo is ALOT smaller and my friend has one and breaks 20$ in parts every time out . I would choose a Mayhem ST over a Revo , there the same size and the mayhem ST has ALOT less BS .The new 3.3 is eating up diff gears everytime out on my friends revo, It even broke a traxass diff locker, series , plus all the other problems that the revo has including the weak drive shafts . i think he has broken 3 of those in the last gallon also . The ones that go from the diff to the wheels , also traxass uses a plastic drive train where losi;s is all steel . the revo drive train cant handle the 3.3 period , 2 bevel gears LOL, what a joke ... plus you will need to get rid of the optidrive get a pull start and glow ignitor , all those bells and whistles traxass uses just creates more problems ...oh ya and the rims are junk too ...
I have to disagree with you about the driveline on the revo.The drivelines are pretty tough i have one with a rb323 on it and there are others with os .30 on there revo and there not having any driveline problems at all.The 3.3 is not that strong that its breaking diff lockers and drivelines.I own a lst2 and love it as well and really like it over my revo.But the revo is no weak truck by any means.I have put my truck through tons of wrecks and crashes and it has survived most of them.All trucks will have trouble with one thing or another.Pound for pound the lst2 is superior though
Old 04-16-2006, 12:38 PM
whitesox350z

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yeah, the revo is pretty small and the rtr parts aren't that great, put some rpm arms all around and get better dogbones/driveshafts (w/e you wanna call them) and you should be pretty good to go...the lst2 is byfar the widest, longest, and tallest of all the other monster trucks, and the price shows it, it also looks very easy to make adjustments out and the layout of everything is very nice, neat, and organized
but what are you doing with the truck?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:43 PM
revopqrs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i have both trucks, i prefer the revo hands down. but my revo has the os 30 in it!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:59 PM
stingray5280

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The revo is tough just breaks in wierd places i think he went threw 2 motor mounts also . I;m serious though he did break a traxass diff locker , he put it in becuase he was trashing his rear diffs everytime out, oh ya i forgot i think he had a rock wedged in his rim ...I have a Mayhem st that i run with my buddy and his revo with a 3.3 in it . that revo is fast and so is the mayhem , but i have much less issues with the mayhem then he has with the revo . only thing wrong with the mayhem ST it that you have to get 17 mm axles and i have broken 3 steering knuckles in 1.5 gallons , thats it...steering knuckles are kinda weak but there only 3 bucks each and a easy fix . that MAYHEM ST is TOUGH. the revo has twisted up 3 drive shafts , but he also has 5 plus gallons on them , i think maybe he need to ove hual the whole truck . the REVO is OK . if thats what your into . i say get a truggy or LST2 . the revo is more like a truggy but the truggys are tougher .
Old 04-17-2006, 12:47 AM
cruiserx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stingray5280

wow!! i think it's pretty ovious that your friend has no idea how to maintain or operate a revo..the revo drivetrain is way more than up to the task of the new 3.3 engine or even stronger..if he's breaking spurs and diffs like that then he oviously does'nt have them set up properly..the revo is a very good basher..it is just as strong as the lst2 without a dought..maybe not the savage but oh yes the lst2..especially the a-arms..i think the lst has the weakest i've seen..the lst2 is a great truck no dought..but dont be so quick to bash traxxas over someones mistakes on his revo..
Old 04-17-2006, 01:25 AM
RenegadeRevo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with Cruiserx... I've had my Revo over a year... have 4-4.5 gallons through it 2-2.5 with the TM323... and have had very few breakages. I have blown my share of spurs but that was due to my own stupidity, not faulty engineering on Traxxas' part. I blew one diff when I had the 2.5r at about 1.5 gallons.. but have not had any diff problems since. As a matter of fact, I just replaced the fluid, and both of 'em looked GREAT. I have yet to snap a driveshaft... I like the LST2, and IMO it's a VERY close second to the Revo... I got the chance to wrench on one this weekend... and I must say, it's not as easy as I thought it would be... perhaps it's because I'm not as familiar with it as I am my Revo, but... it just didn't seem that easy. *shrug* the fact is... you're going to get opinions of everything... BUT... I think most of us agree that the LST2 and the Revo are pretty much the top trucks... my personal experience on the MGT... they're slower... and do break a little more easily. My buddy has one.. and everytime we take it out... it breaks. Of course, that's only my experience with one truck... and one driver...
Old 04-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Chronic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I prefer my modified Savage over both of them. I've been very involved with the buildup of my buddys Revo, and while it's a really quick truck with the RB engine on it, it's still not that impressive. I think the best Revo setup is a stretched wheelbase with an OS.18 on it. The little RB.23 overpowers the stock truck and makes it hard to control. It's a blast out in a field or hitting a ramp, but it's hard to do much else with it. He's working through it, but I can still make it look silly with my LRP powered Savvy LE. Even after dumping a grand on it, the Revo still breaks constantly. Different users have different results though.

The one thing we will both agree on though is that the LST2 is somehow still a more fun truck to drive. It's easier to drive. The Revo was so easy to drive when it was factory that a five year old could look skilled with it, but now it's almost as much of a bear to handle as my Savage. The LST2 is much slower than the other two, and it breaks an arm almost every time it gets taken out, but it's still just so much fun to drive. I agree with Revofamily about them not being as easy as it looks to work on them though. I might be buying the LST2 from my brother soon, so I'll get to see what it's like with an LRP in it. Should be a blast.

The Revo and LSTs ARE better values because of what they come with. The Savage comes without a receiver pack and charger like the other two. It also has one crappy steering servo where the Revo comes with two crappy servos and the LST comes with two decent ones, both being better than the Savvy setup. The LST's radio makes a world of difference in value also. By the time I added the nice radio and strong servos, my Savage cost more than the LST2. So, that's something to keep in mind too.

I guess it's a wash. They are all fairly comparable with each having an advantage of some sort, depending on what you're doing. In an all around competition, I'd put my Savage against any of them... regardless of the modifications.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Blackhawk4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

revo and lst are at the top of the hill these 2 mt's are dominating and could beat a savage anyday modified or not the facts are REVO and LST are on top Savage MGT nemesis ect re at the bottom and have no chance of dethronin the LST or the REVO
Old 04-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Jammin_Lee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the only thing i dont like about the lst2 is the ugly wheels and body. it should come with step pins and keep its old body with a new design