Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need a Off-Road car!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 02:52 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Off-Road car!!

For the past 5 years or so i have owned many stuff...(some pics in the gallery) and i spent bunch of money and i would always end up selling them for a lot less. So much money that i don't even want to bother think about it[]
And i always been on and off with this hobby..finally i decided to buy something and keep it stock and just have fun once in a while!

Right now i have Brand new Futaba 3Pk and i need to buy 2 Digital servos. And i want a truck or buggy so i can take it offrad, it took me a while to figure out that i really enjoy offroad more.
So i need something that does not come with radio stuff...maybe a Kit? i was thinking more of like a traxxas revo...but i can't find one that somone would sell me without the radio and servos...and i don't want to spend more then $400
and i don't know what newer trucks are out that would be best for me?
Old 04-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Default RE: Need a Off-Road car!!

I think i want either the Revo or HPI hellfire
Old 04-17-2006, 09:40 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a company that sells the Revo as a kit. Basically, the buy the RTR models and strip them apart. If I find the link, I will post it back but they were not cheap. Also you might want to check out the Savage SS 4.6 monster truck. It comes as a kit without the electronics, is under $400 and is a very durable truck right out of the box.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Ok where can i find the savaga kit?

But is hellfire any good? it looks badass
Old 04-17-2006, 12:13 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's $360 at Ultimate Hobbies, and I think they are still running their free shipping offer. Here is a link:

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p676.html
Old 04-17-2006, 01:47 PM
bauerbach

hellfires good, IMO the LST2 is better. but different strokes for different folks.

revo is also a sweet truck. smaller though. which is everything youd expect it to be. lighter and more nimble, doesnt need as much power. at the same time from those Ive seen at the track, their a little bit "controlled" by the terrain. they dont have the weight behind them that the bigger trucks have to sort of maintain the huge tires. but they make up for it by taking turns a bit more effectively without so much weight behind them. and when you ram that wall or curb or nose plant, the less weight puts less stress on whatever it is your gonna probably break lol.