Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Do motor saver air filters boost hp + performance?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Do motor saver air filters boost hp + performance?

Old 04-17-2006, 12:18 PM
psychorevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do motor saver air filters boost hp + performance?

Just ordered a pipe and motor saver filter.

I know the pipe will boost my hp, but will the motor saver help?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Rs43EVOman

Default RE: Do motor saver air filters boost hp + performance?

No. IWht these cars airfilters dont really make a difference in power (as long as you use recognized brands) Just stay away from paper filets, and ive heard bad things about motor saver.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Porsche968

I run a motor saver and never had a problem. Just be sure with any air filter you use to make sure it's securely fastend to the carb, you clean it after every run and use air filter oil. These are the big ones. If you take care of these you should never really have a problem with your air intake. I don't think the air filter on these engines makes that much of an improvement if any just keep up with the maintence tune correctly and the air filter should be the least of your worries.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Chronic

I don't know... There is a lot more surface area on a 360 degree motorsaver style filter compared to the old conventional through style, like some(traxxas) trucks come with. That should allow it to draw air easier, although the difference would be really small I'd think. Any benefits would compound with rpm. I do believe they will allow close to optimal performance for a longer duration between cleanings, again because of the larger surface area. Probably not much of a difference, but it has to help.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:23 PM
whitesox350z

i don't think it really will boost performance, but it will just have an effect on how clean the air is going into the motor, the motor saver seems to have the most foam, creating the cleanest air into the motor
the k&n i've heard add slight power, but are made out of sh*t, so they let ALOT of dirt in and that does more harm to the motor than it is to go have an extra .05 hp ow w/e
Old 04-17-2006, 04:29 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

the motorsaver made a small but noticeable difference on my s-25. the stock filter from the savage 25 was small so it was a big improvment.