Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what is the best racing mt

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Jammin_Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best racing mt

i know what the best all around mt is but what is the best racing monster truck. 1/8 scale that is.
i want to have a awesome racing mt but that can also take a beating
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
bauerbach

Default RE: what is the best racing mt

well the revo really is a viable racer because most race tracks are built for a 1/10th scale buggy to run. if someone actually built a track for MT's well, might be a different story. but since they dont, if anything the revos smaller size and weight make it better than many.

but in the 1/8th class, the LST2 is a great racer, possibly the best... but it really is a drivers race between it and the revo, and hellfire.

I got the LST2 cause its huge, races well, and is built well. but at the track it takes alot more skill to control its size and power; done well its completely capable, as has been proven by the national pro type races where the LST2 is always in the top of the pack.

but really, if I wanted the easier to drive truck, the revo would be it, its far more forgiving IMO.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:31 PM
2DMaxLST!!

The LST is much easier too drive than a Revo, trust me. The Hellfire is not a monster truck.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:22 PM
whitesox350z

lst2's are great for a very big and open track, if it's smaler than the revo will kick *****
Old 04-17-2006, 10:23 PM
RCtruckRacer

There aren't very many 1/10 scale buggies unless you mean flashlights. All of the outdoor tracks I have been to pretty much cater to 1/8 scale buggies, MT's and Truggies. To the point where the flashlights and 1/10 gas trucks sometimes complain.

I do not believe that the Revo is more difficult to drive than an LST. I would not be surprised if it was for you - at least at first - since you've been driving the LST for some time now. Different? Yes. Better or easier? No. Both trucks require some set up work out of the box to be a real good racer, so you should be happy with either of them.

You might want to consider a truggy since you are racing. The new Jammin X1 CRT RTR looks way cool for an RTR.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:33 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I just know that on the big air table top at my track if there are more than 5 Revo's ahead of me on the starting gate I have to slow down and go around the pile of Revo's after the jump. If I am trailing a Revo before a particularly rough section or a big air jump I back off and prepare to avoid the carnage. I've raced on five different tracks and around Texas and the Southwest and they must all favor LST's.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 AM
RC30GTR

CEN Nemesis 7.7 is as good as the LST.... very competitive as well...
Old 04-18-2006, 12:42 PM
bauerbach

its not race legal though... club level is fine, but sanctioned events its a no go, and would shoot itself in the foot to be made race legal, if its even possible.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Jammin_Lee

well how about a basher and racer combo i will mainly bash but i would also like something that is race capable because if it is good for racing it makes it an all around better truck
Old 04-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Jammin_Lee

ok im stuck on the lst2 and the revo 3.3 because those seem to be the best mts. i was wonderin if they are both strong and hardly ever break
Old 04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
bauerbach

their both awesome trucks. havent driven a revo, but seen it driven.

big vs small. and all that it includes. neither is a better truck IMO. just different paths to the same result. choose what fits your personality.(and budget, LST is a bit more expensive, easily justifyable by the electronics, but thats still an extra hundred bucks)