redfox03

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Piggback Shocks?

i'm getting a Monster GT in a couple of months and i was thinking of putting functional piggybacks on. Anyone have the functional piggybacks on thier monster truck? are they worth it or are they crap. i've seen some on neweramodels.com for 79.00 bucks and i also seen the itegy piggybacks for like 129.00 bucks, but i forgot the website i seen them on. here are the ones on new era http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/....&part_id=1886
Old 04-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Piggback Shocks?

Stay away from the Integy. I had them on two of my truck one being my MGT at the time and on both the shafts broke. Now I don't know about the New Era models but I have heard alot of good things about them. If all you are going to do is bash around then I can't recommend that you get them (PB) as they really won't do anymore for you than your stocks will do unless you are really catching big air with your truck and are busting you stock ones constantly. If you do go with them be sure to pick up some extra springs so you can tune them better for your needs. Good luck either way though and let know what you did and how it goes for you.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:32 PM
tigger04
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Piggyback or reservoir shocks big advantage is that they hold more oil in them than the regular shocks.They just stay cooler longer then conventional shocks because of the larger amount of oil in them.Unless you plan on racing they are just mainly for looks.I have a set of 3 racing aluminum reservoir shocks on my E-maxx and really can't tell that much but they do look nice!I have the Prolines on my T-maxx,they don't have reservoirs on them,they are more of a racing shock,kind of hard to set up though.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:33 PM
darthballs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

progressive suspensions are the most expensive pb aluminum shock ive found $210 but the dampening can be externally adjusted
Old 04-25-2006, 08:30 PM
thebowtwo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i just put team blue star big bore threaded shocks on my mgt and they are great no problems with them so far. they are a little pricey 89.95 from team blue star.com got mine on ebay 62.00 bargin. stock shocks ok for bashing but will blow the caps with big air. heard the same about integgy shocks. good luck.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:54 PM
jeffro65

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i put a set of integy piggy backs on my revo and they work good until i do any jumping, the o-rings on the piggyback part always blows out and i lose all of the dampening plus it makes a huge mess. if i can't solve the problem i'm going to put the stock ones back on. anybody know in tricks to remedy this problem..........
Old 04-28-2006, 09:17 PM
GT_AUTO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the Integy piggyback shocks, they are the MSR6, and THEY SUCK!!!!! I never had anything that worked as bad as these things do, on the first day out, I broke a shaft, and I wasn't even bashing that hard at all, then they started to leak oil, so I went to Integy.com to look up their warantee policy and they are guarranteed UNTIL YOU INSTALL THEM!!! L O L !!! so once you have them install on your rig you are S.O.L !!! Last time I buy anything from them.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:20 PM
GT_AUTO

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh yeah jeffro65, I forgot, you can fix the leaking problem with a little teflon tape. But there's nothing you can do to make them work as they should.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:15 PM
jeffro65

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I was all set to put the stock shocks back on after "one last run", and cooked my motor. So now I am waiting on the 3.3 exchange, 4-5 weeks from Traxxas. I'm with you Gt Auto I don't think I will by anything else that say's Integy on it. My son and myself were very disappointed. I guess we wil have to tear up the T-Maxx until the new motor comes in......
Old 05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Mekong

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL all these bad reviews of the integy shocks. I have two on the back of my electric stampede, I love em, they look damn cool and they work great, my biggest gripe is that when I try and stiffen the prings and the shocks kinda dirty the dirt clogs the thread and I unscrewed the shock body from the head. I think that would happen with any shock. I bash my pede very very hard, I guess they work better with a light weight truck...
Old 05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

BROKEN SHAFTS ON SHOCKS??? SAY IT AINT SO... ?????? ok no bs here, Integys are good....they maybe a bit pricey but...... you get what you pay for... i see someone WHINNING about broken shockshafts. but hey you land hard things will break. a 2.98 cent shock shaft isnt too bad... i ve got 2.5 sets of Integys... yes 20 of them... all work fine. i have BENT 3 shafts with some SERIOUS bashing, so to break one... well Kudos on the BASH, you did it..... they are a bit costy.. search the bay for some Team Bluestars... also good shocks but not Piggy backs.... i ve got another set of piggybacks but havent used them much as they are on the daughters Emaxx, which sits most of the time...
PiggyBacks help. but need to be set up properly... i have a saying when it comes to much of what i buy,,, Buy Once, CRY ONCE... ie.. pay the money now or pay more later. its your choice..
Timmahh
Old 05-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

BROKEN SHAFTS ON SHOCKS??? SAY IT AINT SO... ?????? ok no bs here, Integys are good....they maybe a bit pricey but...... you get what you pay for... i see someone WHINNING about broken shockshafts. but hey you land hard things will break. a 2.98 cent shock shaft isnt too bad... i ve got 2.5 sets of Integys... yes 20 of them... all work fine. i have BENT 3 shafts with some SERIOUS bashing, so to break one... well Kudos on the BASH, you did it..... they are a bit costy.. search the bay for some Team Bluestars... also good shocks but not Piggy backs.... i ve got another set of piggybacks but havent used them much as they are on the daughters Emaxx, which sits most of the time...
PiggyBacks help. but need to be set up properly... i have a saying when it comes to much of what i buy,,, Buy Once, CRY ONCE... ie.. pay the money now or pay more later. its your choice..
Timmahh
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM
jeffro65

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The problem I have is'nt really with the shocks themselves leaking oil. the problem i have is with warranty stand point of Integy. The way it was explained to me is once you open the package and install them, you are stuck with them. Not good business if you ask me.....
Old 05-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ALL warrenties are like this. exspecially with items like this.. its part of the game.... no one will warrenty a broken bulk head. unless the plastic used was found to be defective.... ever check the warrenty on UE.. you break it, i m positive they wont send you a new piece if you break it, and UE is ungawdly expensive in comparrison..
Timmahh
Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 AM
jeffro65

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yea I understand warrenty's, however it's obvious that Integy's piggyback seal design has a flaw... i could see if it was from misuse. But I guess misuse could be defined as what ever Integy says it is.. "Oh well" like you said it's part of the hobby.........