corona672

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default GLOW PLUG PROBLEMS.....

i have a used savage ss 25 and have a problem with it...(figures with my luck of buying things)....... well the story is i got my truck ..tried to start it up ....took a while then found out that it had a really bad tune..... then when i fixed it i found out that it sputtered out some gas near the motor-exhaust gasket....but it started and i ran it round for a little and then it just died.... i was thinking it was to rich because it might have overheated and the gasket might have been loose..but i gave it a while and before tuning it gave it a shot starting it up but it didnt....tried tuning it right like a million times but just wouldnt start up .... after that i took out the glow plug and put the igniter to it and realized that its last ring on the glow plug wasnt getting red at all... and it wasnt too red overall....tried switching batteries in my igniter ( it uses a 'c' battery but does same thing)...( i think..) .. if you guys have any ideas thanks.....

also i was thinking about getting a new glow plug but not sure wich one to get.. i dont know like what glow plug medium cold r4 really means ( im a noob ...) ....if it has anything to do with anything i live in upstate ny...

thanks .......
Old 04-22-2006, 09:46 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: GLOW PLUG PROBLEMS.....

Find yourself a hobby shop or order online from tower hobbies or something I know they sell HPI stuff. But the plugs you need are HPI R4 or R5 (thats if its the stock engine), it depends on what amount of nitro content you are using. The more nitro the colder the plug you want, but for the most part in that truck you will want a cold or medium plug. get yourself a few extras. They dont last forever, they can last for months, but they also can last minutes.

Find out what engine that it is thats in that truck, it comes with an HPI K4.6 engine in it stock, but who knows what the other dude put in it. Then go to HPI's website and find out what the factory settings for that engine are, or you can go in the HPI thread here and ask one of those guys, I'm sure someone there would be able to help you with that as long as you know what engine it is. If you post a pic of it I'd be able to tell you what engine is in it.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Revten

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

im running a odonell 99 plug in sav 25
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKB4&P=0

probably should clean the carb, hi/lo needles and ports with carb cleaner. i think i set my needles 3 turns out and tuned from there.... temp gun helps i dont let mine get over 260...u got compression right? sounds like same problem i had and this was the fix....i dont think the last ring gets red on any plug....try it on your new one and compare. hope this helps these things scream
Old 04-23-2006, 10:04 AM
corona672

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

k thanks.......

ya its got a .25 in it so ill go to my hobby shop were i live and see if they have the medium-cold r4....

if that doesnt work ill be p.o and helpless.......

thanks......

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********

EDIT: tried it out......

still wont start and the low speed needle doesnt seem to feel closed when i try and tune it....going to hobby shop and asking him to try and get it running