Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I REALLY Need Some Help Guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 12:36 PM
ssj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I REALLY Need Some Help Guys

It was a beautiful day out by me, so I figured i would try running my truck again after 2 accidnents occuring. I have a Mammoth ST with a Savage 21 Roto Start System and upon starting the truck i did everything i should, prime the engine, turn on electronics etc. When I tried to start the truck it wouldn't start at first, which is ok, but after a couple seconds the Roto Start just spun freely, not starting/cranking anything. I had just cleaned out the one-way bearing and I dont' see any reason why there should be any gunk in the roto start system. What is wrong with my truck, the roto start just keeps on slipping, and I feel as if I'm helpless? Please ask any further questions if you're not clear on the situation, Thanks in advance! [&o]
Old 04-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Puppy

Default RE: I REALLY Need Some Help Guys

You may have over lubricated the one-way bearing when you cleaned it.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:55 PM
ssj2

Alright, I'm gonna put a new one-way bearing in there just so that I KNOW that there isn't any gunk on there, if the truck still has problems I will be on the phone with XTM Customer Service in a snap. Thanks Puppy!
Old 04-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Puppy

No problem man,

I usually dont use any lubricants on my one-ways at all & if they get a little dirt in there I will use a can of compressed air to blow them out, but if they get oily, then I use a spray can of Brakleen (brake parts cleaner/degreaser).

The Brakleen is fast drying and leaves no residue but you dont want to breathe the fumes (even outside) if you dont have too - so wear a mask if you have one while spraying it.

Oh yea and becareful spraying that Brakleen stuff around lexan/plastic parts too, it'll melt them.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:34 PM
bauerbach

you have compression on the flywheel though right?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:09 PM
ssj2

The flywheel does have compression, it DOESN'T spin ALL the way around, it does have the correct amount of compression. Thanks guys!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:39 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the .21 is like the .25, there is a little spring loaded pin in the crankshaft that turns over after the one way bearing turns the crankshaft. If the backplate loosens up a little bit this pin can pop out of place, and thus when you crank your roto-start you won't have the piston moving up and down in the sleeve it will crank, but like I said it will kinda of just zing like a car starter thats not engaging the flywheel. Check the one way first when you try to turn it by hand you should encounter major resistance. If it spins freely pull the backing plate and check to make sure that pin is in place.

good luck
Old 04-23-2006, 06:21 PM
ssj2

I'll make sure I look into everything you guys said, and thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try to let you guys know how it goes, it's really appreciated thanks!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:28 PM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

also, make sure the bearing is not installed backwards..
Old 04-25-2006, 03:47 PM
ssj2

I'll make sure I check ALL of the stuff you guys are sayin to do when I can get around to it with homework and all. I really appreciate your guy's help and I plan on runnin ASAP.