RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

warhead gone what truck now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:45 PM
erawtik
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warhead gone what truck now?

Iv had it for 2 weeks and drove it flawless for about 1 hour rest of time i been working on it im sick of it. Taking it to lhs exchanging it hopefully. If not il fix it then ebay it. So now what truck doesnt have 200+ pages of problems to get it going and stay going? No Tmaxx dont want one of them.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:46 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: warhead gone what truck now?

my Savage X has been deleriously trouble-free. Also, look at an LST2 or an MGT.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Wide Open

id like to refer to those trucks as the "big three". any one of them would be a great choice. the savage x is tough as nails, but can be a bit of a pain to work on. the MGT (and i can say this from personal experience) is also very tough, and very easy to work on. the lst 2 is a great racing oriented truck, but is a little harder to work on than the mgt.

(by the way, i feel your pain. i also owned and sold a warhead. i got the mgt, and havent looked back.)
Old 04-25-2006, 09:04 PM
erawtik

i like the mgt but im afraid of parts breaking easy cause alot of what il be doing is jumping. Nothing more than couple feet but still dont want a truck to land and break every single time. Then id like to hang with my buddies that the the 3.3 tmaxx's. So as for durable i was leaning to the sav x. Reverse is a must.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:09 PM
McFly505

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

id like to refer to those trucks as the "big three". any one of them would be a great choice. the savage x is tough as nails, but can be a bit of a pain to work on. the MGT (and i can say this from personal experience) is also very tough, and very easy to work on. the lst 2 is a great racing oriented truck, but is a little harder to work on than the mgt.

(by the way, i feel your pain. i also owned and sold a warhead. i got the mgt, and havent looked back.)
Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MGT all the way. I've seen the LST2 in action and I'm buyin another MGT (instead of the Savvy X I was going to order Thursday).

I'm having an absolute blast with my Daughters MGT. She is pretty ticked at me for rolling it and knockin the flag off of it. The only thing I have broken in almost 2 gallons was a screw that holds the left rear toe link to the chassis. Broke it in two and pulled some of the threads out of the plastic. A new screw and some CA and I was back in business in about 30 minutes.

Scott
Old 04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
McFly505

ORIGINAL: erawtik

i like the mgt but im afraid of parts breaking easy cause alot of what il be doing is jumping. Nothing more than couple feet but still dont want a truck to land and break every single time. Then id like to hang with my buddies that the the 3.3 tmaxx's. So as for durable i was leaning to the sav x. Reverse is a must.
I had the same reservations about the MGT. Not any more. I have beat on this thing pretty hard and all I've broken was a screw.

No complaints here. Get one, you WON'T be sorry. It even has a decent radio for an RTR.

Scott
Old 04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: erawtik

an mgt handles the jumps very well. ive taken mine off of bicycle ramps many times with many tumbles, and its come through without a single broken part. as far as speed, it is also a very fast mt, plus it has reverse which the savvy doesnt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56004.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	451187  
Old 04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
cruiserx

i agree with the mgt also...if you want to stick with a bigblock 1/8 scale monster and do nothing but bash and you want reverse...i think it's the clear choice...it has a big .28 engine compared to a .25 in the savagex and the x doesnt have reverse..you have to buy it as an option.i think it's like $45.00 or so..and you also have to buy a servo to boot...i mgt is one of the most over looked monster on the market..i dont know why..i'm thinking of saving a little money and get one for myself....put it with my revo 2.5r,,t-maxx2.5,,and savage 25..
Old 04-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Wide Open

yay! i looks like we'll have another mgt owner here pretty soon. we need more of those.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:07 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: cruiserx

i agree with the mgt also...if you want to stick with a bigblock 1/8 scale monster and do nothing but bash and you want reverse...i think it's the clear choice...it has a big .28 engine compared to a .25 in the savagex and the x doesnt have reverse..you have to buy it as an option.i think it's like $45.00 or so..and you also have to buy a servo to boot...i mgt is one of the most over looked monster on the market..i dont know why..i'm thinking of saving a little money and get one for myself....put it with my revo 2.5r,,t-maxx2.5,,and savage 25..
the X with its .25 is quicker than the 4.6 MGT though
Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 PM
dustin7837

I looked at an MGT yesterday at my LHS. It looks pretty sweet. I want either a LST2 or Nemesis first though. But then MGT here I come.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Ezydusit

Former Warhead owner myself. I went with the T-Maxx 3.3, gallons through this and never had a problem yet. Very fast, and oh so better than a Warhead.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:35 AM
DadtoaMarine

I too bought the Warhead but I am going to stick it out with this truck. It seems that Duratrax has been listening to their customers and is on the right track by now offering many upgrades that will make it a nice truck. I am also one of the MGT backers and am presently saving to buy one. If you look through the Savage X threads they too are having some new design issues and, like the others have said, it doesn't come factory with the reverse. So far I haven't seen to many complain about the MGT holding up to hard bashing.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Wide Open

well, youve got to remember that there is no perfect truck. theres always going to be something that could be a little better because each person has their own interests and driving styles. im still going to recommend the mgt though as ive had nothing but fun with it. it really did come from the factory "ready to go" unlike everything else ive owned, and i went over it with a fine tooth comb. the gear mesh was even set properly.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 AM
rc skillz

power to the MGT!! i have been wanting a MT for quite some time now and i have been debating which one... savage X or MGT 460 i chose the MGT cause big tires, big engine, reverse, much eaiser to work on than the X, less axpensive than the X.... what more could you want. the only aftermarket part i plan to buy for the MGT is a roll cage and maybe, maybe RPM sus. arms.

MGT RULES
Old 04-26-2006, 11:01 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: DadtoaMarine

I too bought the Warhead but I am going to stick it out with this truck. It seems that Duratrax has been listening to their customers and is on the right track by now offering many upgrades that will make it a nice truck. I am also one of the MGT backers and am presently saving to buy one. If you look through the Savage X threads they too are having some new design issues and, like the others have said, it doesn't come factory with the reverse. So far I haven't seen to many complain about the MGT holding up to hard bashing.
Design issues like what? If you don't flood your engine, you don't tear up your starter. if you check your gear mesh before breakin, you won't tear up your spur. beyond that, i know of no issues with the Savage X.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:55 PM
erawtik

well went with the revo 3.3 and likeing it so far. But what is messed up my buddy who bought a warhead same time i did just bought my os30 from me and put it on his truck and it is running beutiful. One thing i noticed was i had a dvd in my box he didnt is that a sign of different batches of these trucks? If so which is first?