Ken448

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dirt Burners MT racers thread #3

What happened to the thread man? Too large for RCU's likings??

Anyhoo... TOP STORY!
My Picco just lost ALL signs of life and compression.......... Last Picco I will buy I tell ya
Old 04-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Bria1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Dirt Burners MT racers thread #3

The thread is still there, but there are only 94 pages at this time, so I guess we need to post 3-4 more pages to catch back up.

Sorry to hear about the short lived picco. Have you taken it apart to see what went wrong?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Ken448

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hmmm thread was locked and un-available when I made this one.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:40 PM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Whats the deal with the picco? That makes two people in our circle having major problems! Should I just sell mine now? Who wants a brand new picco 28?

I tried the thread ealier today and just a minute ago....maybe the thread is limited to 99 pages?!?!?!?

Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OMG man, your picco .28 dead? That is not cool. Have you looked at the piston, sleeve, etc? Any internal damage? Did dirt get inside? Thats just bad news. Man im bringing my backup motors to DB's sunday for sure. I can tell you my picco is running great. Knock on wood! It temps around 200, sometimes under, and screaming. I hope my luck holds up for Sunday. I will say that this pipe dropped my temps a bit too. Ken you still gonna make it Sunday? I finally got around to painting ME a body today. LOL. Man its soo funny to paint my own. I was painting this, and winging it the whole way. I knew i wanted this style of flames, so i did that. Then i had no idea what to do on the back. So i had an idea, and put that down. LOL. Then i was like... Hmmm... Colors??? LOL, you get the point. Anyway, my LST2 will be rolling with a new racer lid this weekend. Ya, go ahead and laugh. No more Mr. RTR body... Hahaha It'll be stickered up soon too.

And a crappy picture here, but you can sorta see the shadow around the flame. I put a texture into it. Looks really cool. Anyway, you'll see it Sunday.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:09 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not much action in our new thread. Heres some stickered pics of my LST racer body.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Bria1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WOW! You finally got to paint your own body. LOL It looks good. The flames look good. I also spy some carbon fiber look peaking through the white.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:15 AM
GT Batman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wonder why they keep messing with our thread and letting that stupid warhead thread grow like mad[:@] I usually just leave the forum up on my computer, I refresh a couple hours later and we are back on page 94, done that like 3 times now, each time going to page 94.

Ken, sorry to hear about your picco. You got me really worried now. I have no "good" backup engine. I guess I better get throwing the 427 in to make sure its ready to go. SO when\were did you notice this? Have you ran since last thursday? I need details

We should both call picco, maybe we can at least get a new engine out of it.

Tony, not sure what to tell ya. IMO I would wait for the LRP Spec 3 and send the picco back to tower. BUt you can't go by Kan and my experiece. Up to you. THis is my last Picco as well.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:54 AM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was talking out loud! I am the type that will always do my own thing. I have not touched the picco or the v6 clutch since I got them. I was able to start up the picco 27 yesterday and was a little disappointed with how it was running. I did a little tunning and it seemed to get better and the temps dropped a bit. I later checked the plug and found the coil to be severly depressed! I'm sure Chris was using 30% (? brand) and I'm now switching all my trucks back to 20% O'Donnells. Thats what I get for not checking/ changing the plug when I did the other work on the truck. I hope to start it up and try it later. If I'm still not happy, I'll pull it and reseal it. I noticed the banjo fitting wasnt sealed at all anyways. I was very impressed how the truck was turning in the high grass in my backyard (still havent cut it yet ).

The LRP was my original choice but I went with the Picco because it had more RPMs and my past experience with them.....Guess I'll find out whats up when it finally get around to installing it.

ORIGINAL: skyodyssey

Wonder why they keep messing with our thread and letting that stupid warhead thread grow like mad[:@] I usually just leave the forum up on my computer, I refresh a couple hours later and we are back on page 94, done that like 3 times now, each time going to page 94.

Ken, sorry to hear about your picco. You got me really worried now. I have no "good" backup engine. I guess I better get throwing the 427 in to make sure its ready to go. SO when\were did you notice this? Have you ran since last thursday? I need details

We should both call picco, maybe we can at least get a new engine out of it.

Tony, not sure what to tell ya. IMO I would wait for the LRP Spec 3 and send the picco back to tower. BUt you can't go by Kan and my experiece. Up to you. THis is my last Picco as well.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:56 AM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thermal-

That body looks sick! I really like the colors, flames, carbon fiber pattern, shadows and highlights. GOOD JOB!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Bria1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tony, Chris uses 20% Trinity Monster Horsepower fuel.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:37 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup!!! Change the plug tony, that engine never gave me a lick of trouble.

ORIGINAL: Bria1

Tony, Chris uses 20% Trinity Monster Horsepower fuel.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:37 PM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Brian.

I'm sure I found my problem. The carb pinch bolt does not have any o-rings on it! There was an air leak at this location as well as the carb neck and backplate. I'm in the process of locating new o-rings and re-sealing it all up.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:06 PM
FE_Chris

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Would'nt surprise me, it was erics at one point and I never checked that. I never had one engine problem with that Picco .27 I'm sure it will run fine for you. Keep us posted.
ORIGINAL: ADE

Thanks Brian.

I'm sure I found my problem. The carb pinch bolt does not have any o-rings on it! There was an air leak at this location as well as the carb neck and backplate. I'm in the process of locating new o-rings and re-sealing it all up.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:18 AM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Chris,

I noticed the engine just didnt sound right, ran a little hot, idled high and the idle would wander. After breaking it down I found gaps in the seal on the carb and backplate which was sucking air and no orings on the pinch bolt. I could have ran it like this but I sure more problems would follow.

The good thing is the piston and sleeve appear to be just fine! Compression is great. With a little cleaning and oil they will look brand new!

I did notice there were 2 shims on the head - 1(.2mm) and 1(.1mm). I'm not sure if I should remove the .1mm since I'm using 20% nitro. I'll check head clearance with it remove when I get home. Any thoughts from you guys?

Thanks

ORIGINAL: DodamissC

Would'nt surprise me, it was erics at one point and I never checked that. I never had one engine problem with that Picco .27 I'm sure it will run fine for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks Brian.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:04 PM
revomanmi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

YO YO YO...............................Wud up everyone,,,,,,,,,,,so Tony bought my Jammin too OMG. Dude you now own two of my trucks hahahaha.

Question for you all. I heard this sunday is the pro race. Are all of you racing this sunday? or just watching? I think I will make an apperance
Old 04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Bria1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey, who's the new guy?

ORIGINAL: revomanmi

YO YO YO...............................Wud up everyone,,,,,,,,,,,so Tony bought my Jammin too OMG. Dude you now own two of my trucks hahahaha.

Question for you all. I heard this sunday is the pro race. Are all of you racing this sunday? or just watching? I think I will make an apperance
Just kidding. It's good to hear from you. How is the ice cream business going?
Yeah, this Sunday is the RC pro race at DB. I think most of the guys are racing.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:33 PM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

YUP... your old garage in my new garage. The Losi is sick...I've done some necessary upgrade and replaced the front bearing on the engine and she is running fine. The Jammin is now back to factory specs. I just finished re-sealing the engine. I think she is all ready to go too. See ya Sunday.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:35 PM
ADE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey... if you have any LST2 parts or Jammin parts that you may have forgotten to pass along... please bring them with you Sunday.

Old 04-29-2006, 04:56 AM
revomanmi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ya the Losi is sick man. Ill look but I dont think I have anything, if I do ill bring with me Sunday

lata
E

YUP... your old garage in my new garage. The Losi is sick...I've done some necessary upgrade and replaced the front bearing on the engine and she is running fine. The Jammin is now back to factory specs. I just finished re-sealing the engine. I think she is all ready to go too. See ya Sunday.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:21 AM
-Fast-Eddie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

soooo tomorrow is the big day everyone all set to go? I sure am not lol, i havent even started my truck up since last time i was out, but i think it'll be all good [8D]
Old 04-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I checked the original thread an I don't see any problem with it. Some of the posts were lost when the database crashed a couple of days ago and there have been some problems uploading pictures but the thread is still open. There is no limit to the number of pages as some people have indicated in other threads and nobody is messing with the original thread. It is your choice whether you continue this one or return to the original thread but it is much better to keep the content flowing in only one of them.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:59 PM
revomanmi

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What time you Cats going to be at DB's tomorrow???????????????????????????????
Old 04-29-2006, 02:18 PM
ThermalRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I plan to be there right when they open. 8 am, or sooner.