Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

How often do you clean your truck?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How often do you clean your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:26 AM
psychorevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often do you clean your truck?

I used to clean my truck after every bash session but it took over an hour to do my truck and I race 2-3 times a week.

Now I just do it once on the weekends and boy do I love seeing my trucks spanking clean.

O yea, I also put after run oil after I clean them once a week.

It's not good to put ARO when the cooling head is riddled with dirt.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:38 AM
HipHopHead

Default RE: How often do you clean your truck?

I'll hit it with some alcohol/air compressor every time I use it. Only takes a min.

If it's really dirty it'll take a little longer. Take it apart and really clean it in the fall before I put it away for the winter.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:52 AM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

I usually run hard once or twice on the weekend, usually once all day long most of the time and then I blast a few tanks here and there during the week. But for the most part after I go on the weekends, I rip the servo's, receiver box, and rx packs out of my lst2 and hit it with some denatured alcohol and simple green mixxed along with a parts brush and then I hose it off, then with a compressor I blow off the excess water and then a little WD 40, then hit it with the compressor again and it looks like it just rolled out of the box.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:59 PM
bauerbach

i hose it off whenever it seems dirty. depends on what I was doing with it.

toss the BAC plugs on the carb and exhaust; spray away.

seems to be keeping pretty clean, only problem areas are around the flywheel and under the gas tank; so I clean these 2 areas when I have them open for access to do something else. (seems to be often)
Old 04-22-2006, 07:54 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

I like to clean mine almost after every outing.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:06 PM
86atrack4

I will clean mine every outing also and after every race tear it completely down,oil bearings hinge pins check and clean clutch check diffs oil in shocks ,change if needed.I learned a long time ago if want your truck to run good prevenative maintance is a must.I can't stand it when i see a r/c that is covered with fuel and dirt,a sh*t mess in other words.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:07 PM
nownnew

I try not to get any of my cars dirty, but when they do get dirty, I try to clean the spot ASAP. It's harder to clean once the stain sets in!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:39 AM
jombo

i clean them at the end of the day. i'll put the compressor at 40 psi and blow off most of the dirt and water, then i hit the electronics with crc hd silicone spray then the compressor again ,then wd40 and the compressor again to remove all the oil and dirt that wd40 took off. its too bad that after its all done it still dosent look new because all the dirt was covering up the scratches,lol.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:26 PM
DadtoaMarine

I went out to Menards and bought a engine cleaning wand. This thing connects to your air compresser and has a hose that goes into your favorite cleaning product. Using this it takes me 10 to 15 minutes to clean my trucks to near new. I also cover them with WD40 after each cleaning which seems to help at the next cleaning session. I clean mine every outing to one degree or another.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:44 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i rarely clean mine.........but it never gets very dirty. i clean it when i take it apart to fix something...........every time i've run it for the last three or four months............which is twice. so i guess you could say that i clean it after every run if you want to get technical.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:13 AM
GT Batman

LOL, more like never for me. And it just keeps getting faster I hardly have time to run the truck, so that is what I do. No time for cleaning.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Timmahh
Banned

for me it will depend, i usually ac it off after every outing, 10 mins or so... if its really dirty, i ll WD40 it down and let it set in the sun for a few. or just inside if its nasty out.. then after 30 minutest to an hr.. i ll ac it off really good. this is usually once a week, just really depends on track/location conditions and what else i got happening..
Timmahh
Old 04-28-2006, 12:18 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Clean my truck... Why? lol.