Antcr125

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Whats a good starter truck?

I been thinking about buying my frist truck but i have no idea what to get so far, so if you could please help me out on choosing a truck and maybe tell me some facts about them, i been thinking mostly getting the LST2 or the Lightning GTX2
Anthony
Old 05-03-2006, 09:23 PM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Whats a good starter truck?

if you can spent the 600 for the LST2 you'll be real happy.

of course thats what I own, so thats obviously what Im going to suggest. and everyone else will do likewise.

why did I get an LST2? its huge(size DOES matter), team losi is a top notch company, and it continuously wins pro level races. it is very arguable the most capable platform of truck from a competition stand point.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

CONTINUOUSLY winning NATIONAL RACES has Very Little to do with what truck and EVERYTHING to do with what driver.... your talking a differance of flapjack and Tbones with LobsterTails..here. yes Team Losi is a Great Company and puts out a dependable item. but so does HPI, Traxxas, FG,Muegen, ect..... they all have pros and cons.
personnaly i own Tmaxxs. but will get a Revo or a TL MT2. maybe both at some point, and the Savage .46 is a Strong runner too...
you need to do a little research and make a small list of what you really want.
things to consider

does your LHS carry the item in stock and stock parts for it, or do you need to go online to buy... how much nitro exp do you have? are you looking to go to the local track and compete or just bash with friends at the bmx track or in the backyard? or both? do you want to keep it stock, or are you planning on upgrading stuff? if so. what stuff CAN you get upgraded parts for? ect.........find out what you really WANT, write it down. then figure out how much you want to spend? do you have controller? or do you need one. ect.. answer some of these questions and you can narrow your search.. look in the Traxxas forum, there was a good post 2 weeks ago with alot of great info on this very subject... i ll post a link when i run across it.
Timmahh
Old 05-04-2006, 12:53 PM
bauerbach

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh I know that. and they dont run stock trucks either, so its a bit of a skewed comparison anyway.

but good to know that the truck will never be the limiting factor in my racing ability. unlikely that would be true of any truck lol. but still, you gotta hope that there is a general pro "level" and all the drivers are similairly skilled. though that probably isnt as true as it should be. and yet you have to then wonder why/how team losi then ended up with all the best drivers. hardly cause they are the biggest company with the most cash to throw around; that would be traxxas or HPI by a mile.

interestingly they ran the premodel of the 8ight buggy at the track, they won every qualifier and took the main by almost a lap. thats some dominating results for a brand new buggy. but off topic to the discussion at hand.