Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

revo 3.3, whont go fast, and overheating!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

revo 3.3, whont go fast, and overheating!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:44 PM
rc adik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 3.3, whont go fast, and overheating!!!

i just bought a revo 3.3 and whent out to ''break it in'' like it says to do. when i first started it it would not start. then after a few tries it would start but not idle, finally i got it to idle and go but i would be at full throttle and it would just creep then die and then the brakes didnt work. it says to not adjust anything until 6th tank of gas. but we had to adjust it so it would go. finally the brakes worked and it would go but still not that fast. then towards the end of the 3rd tank of gas the rpms would get super high but wouldn't shift into second gear and it would ''backidle'' or make a sourt of backfire noise when i would let off of the gas.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:45 PM
bauerbach

Default RE: revo 3.3, whont go fast, and overheating!!!

what makes you think its overheating?

sounds rich... but overheating would go against that. did you check it with a temp gun? if so, what temp did you get?
Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 PM
rc adik

in the manual it shows a list of signs of overheating and it had 4 out of 5 of those signs. did you have the same problem?
Old 05-11-2006, 05:53 AM
Bria1

You need to get the engine broke in properly before you can expect any kind of performance out of it.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:00 AM
bauerbach

get a temp gun, you'll need it now and later. their about 20$ and could save a 150$ engine many times over.

after that, take all the needles back to factory specs and try again. if it doesnt run, richen it. if its worse, lean it. and I mean with tiny tiny one hour increments. and untill you have quite a few tanks of gas through it, you shouldnt see 2nd gear as bria1 said. it could take half a gallon before you get 2nd gear. dont rush it or you'll regret that for the rest of the engines life.

however it should drive... it should go, just sluggish. it should be to the richest point where the temp is around 210-220, no matter how it runs, you want the temp around there. thats the lowest "safe" operating temp, and you want it as rich as possible to be there.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:08 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

your not supposed to be at full throttle dring break in....
Old 05-11-2006, 10:47 PM
cruiserx

my god dude!!!! have you even read the manual?????it wont shift into second gear on the 3rd tank???..your barely suppose to be hitting 1/2 throttle on the 3rd tank....the 3.3 trx is a very tight engine..you have to slowly break it in...it wont have any kind of good power until at least the 10th tank...its running hot and terrible because your trying to make it do something that its not ready to do!!!....the revo 3.3 is one of the quickest and fastest rtr nitro trucks you can buy..but i doubt yours will be....it might last 1/2 gallon....maybe....i dont mean to be so rude...but slow down and take it slow in the break in process...its not suppose to rev up and run like a champ at first..
Old 05-11-2006, 10:54 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Stop yelling.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:47 AM
crazyjr

I broke mine in yesterday. It was hard to keep running on the first tank, but after that it started and ran through the other tanks with no problems