Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Revo 3.3=7; OS,Sirio, XTM247=0***Perfect Record!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo 3.3=7; OS,Sirio, XTM247=0***Perfect Record!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:31 AM
psychorevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 3.3=7; OS,Sirio, XTM247=0***Perfect Record!!!

Last night I was out racing till 3 AM.

To make a long story short, eleven guys came out to play last night. My Revo and Maxx together are unbeatable beasts.

I raced an X Celerator, five other T Maxxes, a Savage and they all had modded motors from a super quick OS .18 dropped in a T Maxx to Sirio .21s.

O yea, I must say the OS .18 on the Maxx is quick but the driver ability wasn't fully there. He wasn't fully experienced.

But needless to say, anyone that pulled up to race could not stop the brute force of the 3.3 Maxx and revo.

YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Have any of your 3.3s taken OS's or have your OS's owned 3.3s.

I must say, that the OS was quick. The Sirio .21 was nice but not as gutsy as the supposedly smaller OS.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:41 PM
ssj2

Default RE: Revo 3.3=7; OS,Sirio, XTM247=0***Perfect Record!!!

The pics are "Page Cannot Be Displayed" for me. You were out pretty late racing man, and it sounds like it was a blast! I'd love to see those pics.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:48 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 24/7 Pro Savage that will eat a Revo 3.3 for breakfast.....Next weekend I will video tape the event.....As well an Axial 32 savage thats going to completely rAPE THE 3.3...

mY GOOD BUDDY JUST PICKED A 3.3 UP YESTERDAY.....so we will get a chance to try it out....but to me its another gutless small block LOL
Old 04-28-2006, 05:41 PM
supertib

good races by the way
Old 04-28-2006, 08:45 PM
meda2ni

Wow up till 3 in the mroning racing....freaking sweeeet...[X(]
Old 04-28-2006, 11:02 PM
psychorevo

ORIGINAL: supertib

I have a 24/7 Pro Savage that will eat a Revo 3.3 for breakfast.....Next weekend I will video tape the event.....As well an Axial 32 savage thats going to completely rAPE THE 3.3...

mY GOOD BUDDY JUST PICKED A 3.3 UP YESTERDAY.....so we will get a chance to try it out....but to me its another gutless small block LOL
Sorry to retort but one guy I raced with had a built Savage with an XTM 247 and my 3.3 took him out.

I guess maybe because my Revo is lighter than the awesome but heavier Savage.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:11 AM
infernalstone

Are you talking straight line drags, or racing at a track? (I can't view the pages, is why I ask)
Old 04-29-2006, 12:36 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: psychorevo

Sorry to retort but one guy I raced with had a built Savage with an XTM 247 and my 3.3 took him out.

I guess maybe because my Revo is lighter than the awesome but heavier Savage.

there are many factors involved, weight is one, as well as overall truck setup....I take it your talking straightline races ?

Anyways good races, i will be playing with a 3.3 tommorow, breaking it in actualy....next weekend after a gallon it gets to race some Savages......who knows who'll win, my bets on the big block, but we will see.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:49 AM
cruiserx

obviously someone does not know how to tune the 3.3..that sounds like very nice dream you are having.....and besides..bragging about a .32 bigblock powered truck that can at the very best barly outrun a .20 smallblock powered truck is to me not bragging rights at all...i think its embarrassing to you...and a very strong statement for that so called gutless smallblock...lol...i mean really...
Old 04-29-2006, 06:32 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: cruiserx

obviously someone does not know how to tune the 3.3..that sounds like very nice dream you are having.....and besides..bragging about a .32 bigblock powered truck that can at the very best barly outrun a .20 smallblock powered truck is to me not bragging rights at all...i think its embarrassing to you...and a very strong statement for that so called gutless smallblock...lol...i mean really...

dude the Revo 3.3 is a .93 HP motor....the 24/7 pro is a 1.38 hp engine.......the 24/7 pro pulls nearly 10 000 more RPM........The Savage weighs 10 lbs.... guess who wins ??? a 24/7pro is a far superior motor to a 3.3 HP, TQ and RPM the pro is better....

anyways my buddy just got the 3.3 we're breaking it in today.. next weekend we will race, but geez buddy the TRX 3.3 dynoed a whopping .93 HP by XRC, it is far from anything impressive. Wait till you guys race some trucks that are tuned and setup you will see the new 3.3 is not going to kill a good big block in a Savge.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:41 AM
infernalstone

I'm not fan of Traxxas engines, but having watched a Revo w/ a 3.3 (he upgraded the old one) at the track leads me to thing two things.

1) That's a bad ass 0.93 hp, then, cause that truck was hauling. It wasn't posting times down there with the truggies, but who'd expect it to? Hell it was too much power for the track anyways.

2) 0.93 hp? I have a really hard time swallowing that. Sounds to me like XRC didn't try real hard, or got a bad apple.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:59 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

I'm not fan of Traxxas engines, but having watched a Revo w/ a 3.3 (he upgraded the old one) at the track leads me to thing two things.

1) That's a bad ass 0.93 hp, then, cause that truck was hauling. It wasn't posting times down there with the truggies, but who'd expect it to? Hell it was too much power for the track anyways.

2) 0.93 hp? I have a really hard time swallowing that. Sounds to me like XRC didn't try real hard, or got a bad apple.

well XRC's dyno reads very low, a Mach 427 is only 1.38 HP, so for a smallblock to hit .93 its pretty good actualy......the New HPI X4.1 only hit .96 hp....the origial 2.5 is only .6 HP...

the Axial 32 is only 1.68 HP, so you se .93 isn't bad at all..

in XRC'cs testing they did radar runs and timing runs with the new TMaxx 3.3, its very fast, it beats every other MT in a drag except the lst2...but that SH built 427 has too much power for the 3.3 to beat....
Old 04-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Chronic

I haven't seen a 3.3 run yet, but hopefully there will be one at the track tomorrow... and hopefully I can get one of my trucks ready in time for me to be there too!

If it can't outrun a 427 powered LST2 in a drag race, it's not going to beat a healthy Savage. Nope, not gonna happen.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:27 PM
supertib

well today we ran 1/2 a gallon thru the Revo 3.3.....the motor was excelent, it was almost as easy as the Axial 32 to break in....

the truck handles like a dream, very impressive

Power ?

well I will say its pretty dam quick, not big block stomping power, but definitely quick, Traxxas seems to gear the truck a little to high IMO, as the motor does have to work to hit top speed, but it does hit some pretty respectable MPH, acceleration is decent as well

IMO it will not be able to run with our built Savages in straight line speed, A well setup 24/7 pro Savage will have a definite advantage in a drag race, the instantaneous power of the big block is too much for the 3.3 IMO

The Axial 32 savage is a whole pile faster, it acccelerates tons faster and and has quite a bit more top speed...The Axial 32 truck is an extended TVP 13 lb monster yet it hits max RPM within a few feet, the Revo 3.3 takes about 75 feet to hit top speed, the Axial takes about 25-30 tops, the Axial as well shifts the two speed almost instantly, the 3.3 takes a little bit, and when the 3.3 shifts the motor does lose a little RPM and has to wind up again...the Axial hits second within 5 feet and the engine loses zero RPM on shift

The 24/7 pro Savage will be a good race for the Revo on a rolling start, off the line the 24/7 pro takes a good jump

All in all I am very pleased with the 3.3 its an amazingly easy motor to breakin and tune, it is by far the best TRX motor i have seen, as well it has plenty of power for any rookie, but its power is nowhere near as violent as a good big block....

Myslef I would not be happy with the 3.3 as I am too used to running high strung big blocks, the 3.3 lacks that visceral bottom end of a good big block....it still wheelies good enough and has plenty od acceleration, I would say its a very close run to a stock LST2....
Old 04-29-2006, 09:28 PM
MacPatton

Just finished breaking my revo 3.3 in today and started tuning her for speed. Sure afetrmarket big blocks are gonna beat it but I will tell you this. There isnt a stock Savy big block out there that is gonna beat a well tuned Revo 3.3 in a drag race. Ive seen many Savys run at local races and they are good trucks but heavy and this small block 3.3 on the Revo 3.3 chassis just screams I tell you! Wheelies? Not yet if ever but all wheelies do is steal your speed. She sits down on her ass end, throws her nose up and flies babeeee! This motor will wheelie T Maxxs in a second. Revos stock suspension and wheelbase aint letting it happen which I like. I did get the front tires off the ground for a quick second. That was it. But like I said wheelie shmeelie give me the speed instead.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:36 PM
binaryterror

Drag racing is well useless to know which is better.

I can lean out the low and high on any of the trucks and whoop another.

Try racing at a track where its not just on power and go.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:55 PM
MacPatton

If you are on a track its all about who the better driver is. You can have all the power in the world but if you cant control it I can beat you pushing my truck around the track. Not sure but I thought they were talking about a flat out straight race.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Chronic

To me, drag racing seems to be the perfect test in this regard.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:43 PM
revopqrs

i love it... we got savage guys sayin their axial 32 powered hog will out run a stock revo... well i have an os 30 powered revo that will flat out make your savage looks slow!! i run with the x and it looks pathetic.. i have a lst, it too looks like an elephant next to my revo, slow motion....
just remember whatever motor ya think you can put in your savage to out run me, i too can run that motor.... any revo can with a motor mount.
most people wont even pull out their savages after seeing my truck run, there is no contest... i tried to get some dudes to drag with me the other day(i never tire of making savages look bad!), they were putting their trucks away... they never even ran em. i guess they just wanted to be the fast guys at the track or somethin.. typical.

here it is right after break in, still running really rich.
http://www.rcpics.net/img/70297

and we had a drag race at our site, it was 100' and someone else did the timer...

3.03 sec 0-100'

http://www.rcpics.net/img/70385

try it, see what ya can do!
Old 04-29-2006, 11:51 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: revopqrs

i love it... we got savage guys sayin their axial 32 powered hog will out run a stock revo... well i have an os 30 powered revo that will flat out make your savage looks slow!! i run with the x and it looks pathetic.. i have a lst, it too looks like an elephant next to my revo, slow motion....
just remember whatever motor ya think you can put in your savage to out run me, i too can run that motor.... any revo can with a motor mount.
most people wont even pull out their savages after seeing my truck run, there is no contest... i tried to get some dudes to drag with me the other day(i never tire of making savages look bad!), they were putting their trucks away... they never even ran em. i guess they just wanted to be the fast guys at the track or somethin.. typical.

here it is right after break in, still running really rich.
http://www.rcpics.net/img/70297

I don't doupt you, the Revo is just a faster lighter chassis.....Unless we use Cabbies carbon Savage no Savage will be as fast as the Revo with the same motor... But the 3.3 in a Revo will not out run a Savage with a 24/7 pro, not by a long shot...

As for your OS 30 Revo, well if we put together a Spec 3 Revo we will likley have a good chance of taking you down...Though at that point staying on your wheels becomes a little tricky.

I guess with all the internet hype I was expecting the 3.3 to be laying a beating on the aftermarket big block Savages. The dyno of .93 HP seems very appropriate IMO.....

I also agree no stock engined Savage is goig to touch the 3.3, not even close...But HPI motors are very weak compared to other upgrade motors...hell the new X4.1 makes less HP then the 3.3 LOL
Old 04-29-2006, 11:54 PM
revopqrs

i dont have any probs keeping it on its tires, but i do have probs with keeping the tires on the truck!!

and yes.... the tires were glued...(i always get asked that.... de deee deee!!)

Old 04-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Chronic

I believe the post was started with a guy bragging about outrunning built trucks with his stock Revo 3.3, and the discussion was revolving around that. So, of course we were comparing built Savages to the stock Revo.

Nice wheelies.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:28 AM
supertib

Yes that is why I posted here, as we were originally comparing built Savages against a stock 3.3, even though I run Savages I really like the Revo and think its an awesome truck, so don't think I am knocking the Revo or that I am biased towards the savage. I appreciate each peice of machinery for what it is and have no interest in saying which one is better.

As well I don't for a second doupt that the person who originally posted this thread was telling the truth, I fully beleive the 3.3 could have beaten those trucks with those motors. Tuning and setup can mean the world, and those people may not have the most experience and ability to dial in each engine. The 3.3 is quick, and a rocket by RTR standards...but its no match in sheer power to ai dialed in big block Savage...

The Revo is a better performing chassis then the Savage, and can be made as durable... It is effortless to drive and seems very graceful, even with a huge motor....It is to MT's what GSXR 1100 is to motorcycles...It out accelerates(Big Block), out corners, out brakes, and really is an excelent performing machine

An Axial 32 Savage is like a 350 HP nitrous Harley Davidson, the motor outpowers the handling of the machine and its basically a out of control jugernaut LOL The Savage at WOT is wild, the machine is always on the brink of control, it pitches and sways, tires wobble and balloon eveywhere and you really feel the speed.....Its actualy a blast, as the truck usualy ends up cartwheeling 10 feet in the air after a highspeed mis hap....Yet it can usualy just drive away..

The charm of a Savage is definitely not in its performance numbers, its in the fun of driving a completely out of control monster truck, and the dam thing can go over alot, that suspension may not be very smooth and articualte but it can absorb very big impacts very well, the Savage can fly across cultivated feilds at full speed and stay n all 4's. The Savage with a big motor does put on a very good show and is alot of fun to drive. Wild wheelies and spectacular crashes LOL

Old 04-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Chronic

I agree.

But my Savage is damn fast and I would line up beside any other truck. If a trucks got anywhere close to the same power to weight ratio as my Savage, it's not going to be able to put the power down anyway. It's all a test of the drivers throttle control once you start dealing with these power to weight ratios. I can't give full throttle until I can settle the nose at the end of second gear. With an inexperienced driver, my Savage would get beat by a stock one.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:27 AM
MacPatton

My buddy has 3 Savys and they are great trucks. Im just geeked because I was surprised that a stock RTR 3.3 is damn fast for a stock RTR anything. As a matter of fact once my wife lets me spend more money on a new truck its gonna be a Savage X. Thats right I said once she lets me. Dont kid yourselves fellas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.