Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

What should I do

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
2fast2slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do

Hey everyone,

This may surprise you, but i'm 14 years old and i'm getting 1,000 dollars. So far i have an Ofna LX Comp, so i was wondering what truck should i get. But i'm leaning more on the Revo 3.3 because it is fast out of the box, and it weight also the same as a buggy, and plus i can upgrade the motor to a big-block, so give me your opinions,
Thanks
Shawn
Old 05-13-2006, 05:19 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What should I do

Well don't blow all $1000 for a start...
Old 05-13-2006, 05:22 PM
bauerbach

Ill vote for what I own.

Ive got quite some time seeing the revos(not so many 3.3's though; understand there may be some drivetrain issues though) and I wouldnt trade my LST2 for the world. I'd like to say its my incredable SkIlLZ on the track, but lets be honest, Ive raced about 4 times now... and yet Im the only truck on the track that ruitinely completes the double double, or the big jump. most of the revos have to single them all; it would be a 50/50 if they make it. in my case today, I was overshooting the double double, landing on the face of the 2nd set.

I was duking it out with a dang hellfire, pulling in the straights(stock engine, gears, AND shorter crime fighters). anyway, the LST2 continues to impress me with what Im capable of doing when I have to assume Im not some natural driving god.

anyway, today I finished 3rd out of 9. leader had 1 lap out on me(him 29 to my 28); AND thats with me having a messed up transponder, not getting credit for any of the qualifiers, and starting in 9th. Should be said that only 4 trucks drove till the end, but I probably had 3rd or 4th regaurdless since my lap count and times were up there. and just finishing a 20minute main speaks volumes about the truck anyway.

not to sell the revo short at all though. I believe 1st was a revo, 2nd ended up being the hellfire.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:16 PM
2fast2slow

well, i'm really getting about 1,200, since i'm graduating and plus since i work with my dad fixing real cars, he gave me this Nissan to fix, and sell so that is where the 1,000 is coming from.

So i was planning on getting a Revo since it is only about 530 so that leaves me with about 500 dollars left,

But anyway i do like the LST2 very much, but the only thing i dislike is that it weighs 13 pounds, and i planning on getting a truck to the point where it can come close or even beating a buggy, and i don't think anything that weights over 10 pound will do it, but since i'm not really a track racer(i'm a backyard racer) i guess i can still out jump the buggys
Old 05-13-2006, 07:16 PM
A.B.U

You'd be surprised at how well the LST2 handles and takes off. It's weight/looks can be decieving.

In the hands of a good driver you could beat abuggy with it. But you'd be almost garaunteed to with a REVO 3.3 and a center diff.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:43 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

If you are looking for the best handleing and speed, Revo 3.3 is nice and so Is the hellfire. If you wnat a big MT that might beat a buggy, Check out the CEN Nemesis. After all A nemesis and Genesis took 1st and second and TQ in the US gas championships and left the LST2's in the dust. lol
Old 05-13-2006, 11:03 PM
mgtwpicco27

Mgt $380.00, picco .27 $180.00, 18 t clutch bell $18.00, and 52 t spur gear $7.00 = one durable 55 + mph truck for $700.00 with money to spare. I own two mgt's and one revo 2.5 and a jato along with a mini t and an xxxt sport by losi. The 3.3 revo for just under $600.00 is a good truck and it can take a beating. The mgt will need some more upgrades if you're gonna be happy, like smaller tires so you're not flipping over all the time and servos because the stock ones will only last a few months before they short out. I haven't done anything at all to the revo, it is descent as far as speed but I don't race it. I have $1,000.00 each into my two mgt's. They will out run the revo, but for it's Quality out of the box you will be happier with the revo 3.3. I would go to the tracks and watch people race and watch the trucks and see who's fixing and who's driving and what they have. And definitely take the advice and don't spend all that money right away because once it's gone you may not have that much at once for a long time. Another thing too, you will need a rechargeable batt and charger for the mgt, that will improve steering in it, but you're talking another $70.00 or more. However the revo comes with a rechargeable battery in it and a wall charger, and you can get a car adapter so you can charge it in the cig lighter wherever you go and it only costs like $10.00 _ $15.00.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:08 PM
mgtwpicco27

Her are my MGT's with different bodies I've painted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20447.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	461027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57768.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	461028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70654.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	461029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz75589.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	461030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lx21402.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	461031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vl81688.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	461032  
Old 05-14-2006, 10:39 AM
bauerbach

ORIGINAL: dustin7837

If you are looking for the best handleing and speed, Revo 3.3 is nice and so Is the hellfire. If you wnat a big MT that might beat a buggy, Check out the CEN Nemesis. After all A nemesis and Genesis took 1st and second and TQ in the US gas championships and left the LST2's in the dust. lol
LST2s in the gas championships? Im not even aware of any such conversion... do you have the lineup of cars that raced it? of course the cen's are in the gas championships as they are way outside of the rules for nitro. as Ive said; LST2 wins all the nitro MT races. and the revo crowd will say thats because of losi's drivers. and maybe it is; Adam Drake could probably run a warhead to the podium. but good to know its possible for the LST2 to still dominate if you arent holding it back.

as for weight, I thought the same things as you... its HEAVY, even when I raced the first time, I was dieing out there. but now 4 times later, and 2 lbs lighter(10lbs 12oz), I have crimefighters on there, and I was cutting turns inside the revos and pulling out of them faster. Meanwhile, Id typicly win the little nudge wars.

If I could get the LST down under 10lbs, well jeez. that WOULD be pretty sweet(I dont expect to, it would sacrifice too much for me as I also bash with it). but as it stands, its hardly a nescessary conversion, for me to have a truck every bit capable of winning.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Chronic

I'd get the LST2. If you want a Revo, try to find a deal on a used one or a rolling chassis and then build it up like you want.
I bet you could be just a fast with a Tamiya TNX, and you would have more money left over to hop it up a little.

I have a question though: Why are you looking at MTs for what you're planning to do? Get a truggy!
Old 05-14-2006, 01:23 PM
2fast2slow

Well thanks for the responses, but the truck will be mostly basher, and not track racing, but backyard racing, where their is grass about 2 inches high, and alot of drag racing with a T-Maxx 3.3, a savage 25 with a 3 speed and many more hop-ups, a XXX-NT, and a smartech.So what do you think now
Old 05-14-2006, 01:34 PM
bauerbach

I think the lst2 is the fastest accelerating truck out of the box. (tmaxx 3.3 would give it a real solid run though)

but I know that winning straight line races is 99% how much money you throw at it. thus, you could make any of those trucks the fastest if you do it up right; but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot for general enjoyment.

too many variables, not the least of which, how long is the drag strip? we talking 100feet? or 500ft? you can top most trucks out in about 150feet, so then its really all about whos the fastest, which then comes down to who's willing to have the slowest acceleration but win the drag races in the last 200 feet? that guys gonna have one crappy time for bashing and stuff though.

figure out whats important to you; and Im gonna tell you right now, the drag race thing gets pretty boring pretty quick. after 5 or 10 runs you'll be eyeing over some plywood for a ramp, and wondering why you cant get any speed for the jump with the +6 gearing.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:42 PM
2fast2slow

yea, but we are not only drag racing, i have just made this dirt ramp that is about 4 feet high, another one that is about 5 1/2 and i have wood ramps,
Old 05-14-2006, 02:18 PM
bauerbach

then Id let them win the drag race and enjoy your acceleration.

and still get the LST2 . the LST carries in the air better than any truck(even most revo guys will admit that, when flying through the air with 2lbs of spinning wheels, 12 lbs of inertia really makes life enjoyable), those MASSIVE tires that are a bit cumbersome for racing offer incredable weight and control for backflips and stuff that a maxx size tire just never will.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:24 PM
2fast2slow

that may be true, but i can find any hops-up like i do for the Revo
Old 05-14-2006, 04:07 PM
bauerbach

what hopups do you want? there are tons, though to an extent, only ones that are needed... which the LST happens to not need I guess...

anything Ive wanted Ive been able to get for my LST2.

remember most LST1 hopups work for the LST2.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:29 PM
2fast2slow

oh ok, but do the hop-ups for the LST and LST2 both work for the LST Aftershock
Old 05-14-2006, 09:35 PM
bauerbach

there are differences; any LST hop up will work for the aftershock(as far as I know, they are identical trucks dimensions wise all the way through, but being not actually released just yet... dont want to say that 100% for sure). the LST2 differs in parts when it comes to anything from the arms and beyond. anything involving arms, hubs, carriers, spindles, axles, all of that is LST2 specific. all of that is beefed up. And if you do go down that road; I strongly suggest you mod it in that direction. if you upgrade the engine(and perhaps even if you dont) the LST2 axles are bulletproof, but require the LST2 spindles, carriers, and to some extent, arms. the rims are also a larger hex size. though if you are modding it up from the lst; you can go straight to the 23mm conversion which means you can than use any of the many 23mm rims that are much more common than the 20(the losi 420 dish is about the only option for the LST2 right now)

man that was a very complicated answer to a quite simple question.

cliff notes, 98% of lst and lst2 hopups work for the aftershock.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:13 AM
hugh.jeego

i would definatlely get a revo rolling chassis if i were you, and put in a decent enging (erm....maybe a TM523 or picco .26, or even OS 18TM)

never had any experience with lst2 bu from what i have heard, you can't really go wrong with either. Their racing ability is so close that theres no way to truly test them and say which is better IMHO.

anyway, my vote has to be REVO, although like i said, in a choice between REVO and LST2, you can't really lose.