Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Putting a CEN .46 into LST2

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 11:51 PM
jeresmith25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting a CEN .46 into LST2

I just found the conversion kit to be able to put a CEN .46 into an LST2. Would doing this realy give me alot more power and speed??
Old 05-13-2006, 11:55 PM
RC30GTR

Default RE: Putting a CEN .46 into LST2

You will gain **** load of bottom end torque but i doubt you will see top speed increase. THe .46 isnt made for high RPM.

Also, you better not running the stock drivetrain.... its not going to hold up
Old 05-14-2006, 12:11 AM
jeresmith25

What would be a REALY nice engine to upgrade the LST2? I have looked at the surefire .32 and the nova xrp but not sure what engine to go with.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:58 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Lots of engines, LRP Spec 2/3, OS 30, Picco .27, take yer pick...

For the money, I would get the LRP engine. Insane power and less than 200 bucks....Can't beat it.
ORIGINAL: jeresmith25

What would be a REALY nice engine to upgrade the LST2? I have looked at the surefire .32 and the nova xrp but not sure what engine to go with.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:18 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Here ya go:

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...q&part_id=2334
Old 05-14-2006, 01:41 PM
bauerbach

novarossi .28 8port is the most powerful i believe, but expensive, I dont even know how much, I just know its ALOT. and if your not a diehard racer, where the car is officially holding you back, I think that cost would make you gag a bit.(then again, maybe not as much if your considering a 200$ conversion + the motor)

Ive heard good things about the LRP spec 2/3 as well. sposed to be a fantastic value upgrade. not the most powerful, but the most bang for the buck.

the cen has power, but no RPMs. so you gear it to keep the top end, and you just end up with the same end result, except the larger engine will have a broader power curve, which will yeild more power in the bottom. if you race it wont matter however, as your RPMs stay up anyway, specially with 2 speed trannys. thus grunt low end power isnt a big deal.

no matter what, if you want speed, get some 8mans +3 pinions. thatll take care of that.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:44 PM
jeresmith25

@Lax I was looking at that conversion and thats why I was asking if anyone knew how it came out on the lst2.

I have decided to go with the Nova Rossi, BUT I dont know which one to get. I have seen two that are just about the same. I have looked at the XRS and the XRP, but I dont know whats the difference. Some other people said theres a "hotmod" version but costs about $40-$50 more. Which Novarossi should I be looking at??

Is this a good price on a novarossi, and is this particular nova very good??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:DS:US:28

Wheres a good site to order the 8mans +3 pinions parts?
Old 05-14-2006, 09:29 PM
bauerbach

8man is a member at lstcentral.com check there, should find a thread about it in the hop-up forum, and a link to his website.

havent shopped the novarossis, just hear things about an 8 port novarossi thats incredable *shrug*
Old 05-14-2006, 11:28 PM
jeresmith25

Ok well heres the two I have been looking at and have heard others say they are realy good but I am not seeing a difference in the XRS and the XRP. I am guessing the third one on here is better because of some mods they have done to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 - that one says XR

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4869 - "hotmod" version

Cant find the links to the XRS and the XRP but theres two versions but out of these two I am sure the hotmod is better.

EDIT:
Ok heres a link with 7 different NovaRossi engines. What is the differences between them??

http://www.nitrohouse.com/eng,_nova_rossi.htm
Old 05-15-2006, 07:52 AM
RCtruckRacer

Some of those NR's are pull start, some are bump start and some are spin start. Also, some are 3 port, and some are 8 port. If you really want a NR, get one with the spin start so you can swap the starter from the Mach over to the NR. The tiger drive wont work well in the LST due to the way the manifold sits. The difference in the XRP and XRS is Pullstart and Spinstart. Hence the P and S. Also of note is that there are 3 types of Novarossi engines: Novarossi, Top, and Rex. You can find the same model under each name if you look hard enough. But don't worry, there is very little difference between the three. Novarossi wont even list what few differences there are. When I asked I was told that the design on all three will be the same, but that minor differences in material distinguish them - for instance one may have a lightened, epoxy filled crank, while the other two dont. Key word may. They wouldn't give me a straight answer.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:59 PM
jeresmith25

http://www.nitrohouse.com/eng,_nova_rossi.htm

So from that list of .28/8 ports the best one looks like the N528XRmod, 8 port, .28, Modded, non pull. Is that a good one to go with??
Whats the difference between that modded one and this modded one?? With the N528XRmod I guess I would have to buy the rotostart also.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4869

Does one come with the roto start and one doesnt? Is that the only difference?