My Feedback: (37)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default spectrum radio question

hello all, i have a new specrum 3 channel radio. i have had nothing but problems with it. it will not stay bound. i follow the instructions to a T. the radio works from 45 sec to a couple of minutes, however, the receiver light goes out and that is the end of communication between the rx and the tx. i have tried with both nicads and dry cell. i also, have tried with the sevos pugged in and unplugged. always the same results. i have sent the radio to horizon, they updated the software, but found no ther issues. straight out of the box and into the car and the problem is the same. the radio is brand new. is there anyone out there with a similar experience. any advise will be greatly apreciated, thx barry
Old 05-14-2006, 09:14 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: spectrum radio question

Check your receiver batts. I was practicing today with my Mayhem ST and spektrum. Whenever my Rx Batts get low, the truck starts to "glitch" and the throttle hangs a bit.

Spek's are great, but they SUCK the batts down IMO. Also, I have had glitching probs in small areas. Like the vented garage I have to break-in engines....While inside te garage I have to hold the Tx about 3ft away from the Rx, or they will not comunicate.

Spek is still pretty new, so it does not surprise me that some issues are present. All in all though, I love my Spek. Good luck, check the batts.
ORIGINAL: u2fast

hello all, i have a new specrum 3 channel radio. i have had nothing but problems with it. it will not stay bound. i follow the instructions to a T. the radio works from 45 sec to a couple of minutes, however, the receiver light goes out and that is the end of communication between the rx and the tx. i have tried with both nicads and dry cell. i also, have tried with the sevos pugged in and unplugged. always the same results. i have sent the radio to horizon, they updated the software, but found no ther issues. straight out of the box and into the car and the problem is the same. the radio is brand new. is there anyone out there with a similar experience. any advise will be greatly apreciated, thx barry
Old 05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
ssj2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had put some batteries in my DX3 and within a couple of times of running for like 15 min, im down to 9.5 volts or lower in the radio. They suck batts like a mother, but I think it's worth it cuz you can get the rechargeable pack too. Im gonna invest in that so I don't have to waste my money on Alkalines all the time. Im glad to see that people are commenting Spektrum in a good way, cuz it makes me happy that I bought the right radio.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:46 AM
itchy201

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Have you tried using another reciever? I think you have a problem with the reciever instead of the radio itself.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:05 PM
ibrokeitagian

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a dx3 and it has been problem free (which is rare for me), but I cant find any rechargeable batteries expt. the 1.2 aa's. Is there a pack or something else? As said above, they suck batteries.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
itchy201

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They sell the packs but if you open them up its basically rechargeable AA. If you want to buy the packs and you cant find the spectrum ones you can use the ones that JR sells.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Chronic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow, I haven't heard the battery life complaints before. The batteries last longer in my DX3 than in my JR XS3, or even in the factory HPI radio that it replaced. The user experiences with these radios varies greatly it seems, and I'm seeing alot of negative reviews lately. Mine has been completely trouble free and it performs great in every way.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:53 PM
spinacz_nyc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ive JR XS3 and with dyracells from groceries ( fakes) im running 30mins-1h, with duracells from pharmacy im running 10-12h, but im using sanyo rechargeables 250 mah and the always abot 11V fast going to 10-9 but stays on this lvl for at least 8h so i dont thing they r not lasting imo