Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I need help on getting a new RC monster truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I need help on getting a new RC monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Zemuron-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help on getting a new RC monster truck

If you go to http://www.greathobbies.com/ then look to the right near the bottom of the page click on the T-Maxx RTR monster truck. This is the one I'm interested in. I want something that is loud, powerful and fast. Do you know if there's something else that I can get that is worth more that money?

Also is it possible to get the same one but cheaper by getting a almost ready to run kit instead of a RTR?

And also you might want to know that I move arround in a wheel chair. I have a spinal cord injurie and I can't move my legs. Do you know what kind of troubles I might get into because of that?

Another thing I want to say. I might drive this truck in a club or whatever (but I'm not sure) and in my town(school yards, fields for sure) How can I get information on those clubs? I am also wondering if fast and powerful monster trucks are hard to handle and if I need some skills to drive them like airplanes? Or can I just ease off the gas when I get into trouble? I drived one before but it's an electric 4X4 that cost arround 150$. (charger not included,it's another 100$). The name of it is "Enforcer".

I live in alberta canada. The nearest cities is Grand-Prairie(1h45min from where I live) and Edmonton (6h from where I live)
What's the cheapest way to get a monster truck?

please help me
Old 12-20-2002, 10:45 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Re: I need help on getting a new RC monster truck

Originally posted by Zemuron
If you go to http://www.greathobbies.com/ then look to the right near the bottom of the page click on the T-Maxx RTR monster truck. This is the one I'm interested in. I want something that is loud, powerful and fast. Do you know if there's something else that I can get that is worth more that money?

Also is it possible to get the same one but cheaper by getting a almost ready to run kit instead of a RTR?

And also you might want to know that I move arround in a wheel chair. I have a spinal cord injurie and I can't move my legs. Do you know what kind of troubles I might get into because of that?

Another thing I want to say. I might drive this truck in a club or whatever (but I'm not sure) and in my town(school yards, fields for sure) How can I get information on those clubs? I am also wondering if fast and powerful monster trucks are hard to handle and if I need some skills to drive them like airplanes? Or can I just ease off the gas when I get into trouble? I drived one before but it's an electric 4X4 that cost arround 150$. (charger not included,it's another 100$). The name of it is "Enforcer".

I live in alberta canada. The nearest cities is Grand-Prairie(1h45min from where I live) and Edmonton (6h from where I live)
What's the cheapest way to get a monster truck?

please help me
I have the 2.5 TMaxx and I LOVE IT!!! I wouldn't say it's loud but it's not like running an electric RC rig either. I would suggest that you also look at Tower Hobbies....even try eBay. I know there are some for sale there for around $389.00 RTR. US dollars.

No...they do not make the TMaxx in a kit.

To find out about clubs in your area.....try using a search engine like www.google.com Type in your town / city and rc clubs.....see what comes up. Also look in the phone book for hobby stores as they can tell you where the clubs are....if there are any.

Cheapest way to get a monster truck may be in your home town area....if they have one and you can afford it. Otherwise I would try eBay or other online stores like www.hobbypeople.net

Driving an RC truck / car is not really that hard. Just take it slow. Stomping on the gas is NOT DRIVING. Anyone can stomp on the gas and get a rig out of control. If you can find an experienced person to help you get started that would be a wise thing to do....especially if your new to RC nitro engines. If you cannot....be sure to FOLLOW ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE MANUAL so you do a proper engine break in and know how to use your radio. It's allot of fun and once you get going your going to have a blast!

Being in a wheel chair might create a few challanges.....BUT.....I'll bet with some help you can enjoy the hobby with little to no problems. It's always about adjusting to new things anyway. Maybe having a flat board that you can place on your lap while your working on your RC rig....or a shelf that is the right height to support it while you work on it there. I'm sure there are many possibilites that can be used and will work for you.

Good luck on your search! Let us know how it turns out and what you choose?

Old 12-20-2002, 11:36 PM
dwrenches

Default t max is the one

the t max has a hand held starter,which is perfect if your in a wheelchair, i also have a savage with a pull start, and i feel like i should be in a wheelchair after trying to start this ******* for 20 minutes on a 20 degree day.the t max is a great truck plain and simple.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:42 PM
crash_me_over

dwrenches.....GOOD POINT!!!! Yes he's right....the TMaxx does have a hand held electric starter and it works very well. Yanking on a pull chord can get frustraing if the engine won't fire.

I hope you get that beast going?
Old 12-20-2002, 11:54 PM
Zemuron-RCU

I went in towerhobbies.com(US) and the tmaxx there and the one in great hobbies.com(CANADA) are the same. The one in towerhobbies(US) costs: 390$ RTR. Then the one in greathobbies costs(Canada): 640$RTR. So because I live in Canada, Alberta towerhobbies(US will be about 640$ when I buy it, right? I also went in ebay. There's 2 monster trucks but not the Tmaxx, did I miss it?

In Alberta, Canada where I live there's a city called Grand-Prairie. I went there in a hobbieshop called pete's electronics and hobbies. He has only about 1 nitro monster truck and 1 nitro buggy. The rest or with electric motor and I don't want them. The nitro monster truck and buggie are about 450 almost ready to run and doesn't come with a remote and motor. Plus the one I want (TmaxxRtR) is not even there. I am going there tommorow(dec21) and I will make sure that I'm right.

If I'm right about the trucks in this local hobbie shop. Do you think that the best thing for me to do is to buy the tmaxx from greathobbies(Canada) instead of towerhobbies(US) because the same truck will cost less?
Old 12-21-2002, 01:15 AM
crash_me_over

For one thing....I don't think Tower Hobbies has them in stock. So if you can get one at the other hobby store.....hobbies.com.....then that sounds like your best bet.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:21 AM
Zemuron-RCU

Does anybody know if it's possible to get a top 10,20 whatever list and the overalls of nitro monstertrucks or anyother type of RC like in videogames?

I looked alittle in yahoo and excite and I can't find anything.
Old 12-21-2002, 04:21 PM
tmaxximum

on ebay just type tmaxx in the search box. u get like 30 pages of stuff
Old 12-21-2002, 06:32 PM
Zemuron-RCU

I changer my mind again and I will buy a trainer airplane
Old 12-22-2002, 03:46 PM
sueandmax

I just got a t-maxx ans accesories (tools, xtra starter and carrying case) for less than 350. on E-bay. I would start there. The best thing about it. Is that last year I ran my xxx-2 in the river I only got it for 110. on e-bay so if was expendable. Yes the T-max would be best for someone in a wheelchair. a good tip I use in cold weather in case and of my servo's stick in the cold weather is I put a "throttle spring" and connect it to the end of my slide and to my HE needle that way if any thing happens (Batteries low!) that it will stay in the neutral or kill the engine. good luck!