Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2325

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tower Hobbies Nitro TOWER Terror MT .25 RTR

.Is it worth taking the time and spending the extra money to get it running right or should I trade for a TMaxx 3.3 or the like??
    LOL... I have another thread going on this re: the carb. I don't even know that much about cars, but I've been riding dirt bikes for 30 years and I think I recognize a piece of junk when I see one. I'm fooling with my Terror (paid $100 for it, so no big loss), but only to get an education on what to look for in a good car when I get one.

My vote is "trade or trash".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NMHighPlains

.Is it worth taking the time and spending the extra money to get it running right or should I trade for a TMaxx 3.3 or the like??

My vote is "trade or trash".
    I think I'm going to take my own advice on this. After finally getting my carb to the point where it stays put, the engine runs pretty good. So, I decided to give the thing a run Sunday afternoon. Fired it up, warmed it up, took off slowly down the driveway. I made ONE turn and the left front wheel fell off. It's broken!!! I need a new wheel, a new spur gear, and a new clutch bell- $60 worth of parts, shipped. And then I just KNOW that one of the servos will give out, plus the carb still isn't really fixed (unless you consider JB Weld to be a "fix" ). I dunno.... I think I'll cut my losses and put this thing up on Ebay for parts.

PM me if you have any of the above parts CHEAP!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My son brought his into the local warranty station over the weekend. Replaced a front axle, front differential, double set screwed all the hubs, replaced a rear dogbone, put in a Hi-Tech steering servo and a Futaba S-3003 throttle servo, replaced the clutch bearings, cleaned the air filter, rebuilt the throttle linkage, replaced the shattered front bumper, fixed him up with a new off-on switch, fixed the carburetor on his Axial 28, took it to the park and did a test run. He took it back to college yesterday. I am betting in about 45 minutes, it will be doing wheelies across the grass between the dorms. It was fun to drive one again, you forget just how fun the little trucks are!
    My first glow fuel car was a Cox Dune Buggy in about 1968, my latest model is an Ofna DM-1. I have burned up a decent retirement in nitro fuel....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well BudBud.. I did buy a Savage X. Thats one tough truck. Ran it three days and no break downs.. That was nice. Fired it up today and at idle, the clutch gear for whatever reason stripped a good portion of the spur gear. Strange as I had just started it and it was idleing low.
    None the less, I had recieved all the parts for the Terror w/ New Futaba steering servo and I ran it instead.
    I fell in love with it all over again and decided i will keep it. Warranty support agreed to replace the broken rear wheel hub and wheelie bar so as long they replace the parts, I will let them.
    I bought a bunch off of ebay as well so i am stocked up. I ran it quite a bit and the last run I rolled it pretty good, the throtle stuck wide open and come to find out the carb turned loose. If I can get that problem fixed right I will have it made.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well well........it's been a LONG time since i've been up here and i see the tower is still kicking strong. i went and purchase another off Tower just because i miss how much fun this lil truck is. I have a bunch of mods all ready for it....like SPI Aluminum F1 wheels, Ofna hub adapters, HPI Dirt Bonz, Mac pipe, Extreme Mods drag modded Picco P3, HPI hump pac, Monster GT flywheel, HPI savage XL clutches and 16t cb, savage charging switch, Voltwatch LED Battery Indicator, and HPI Grave RObber body. all i will need to buy are some Traxxas big bore tmaxx shocks and figure out who will be the first unsuspecting victum of this NEW TERROR. probably won't even bee able to drive it! BudBud...what's up buddy............long time no hear from!
    I only know 2 speeds....wide open & haulin @$$....catch me IF U CAN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I tried to start my Tower Terror for the first time in months and it just wouldn't start at all. It would rev up for half a second and then it would just die. Considering all the engine problems I've had with this truck, I'm considering just selling it. [:'(]
    Tower Terror | HPI Nitro Rush | Himoto MTR-3
    Join the Himoto revolution!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you checked for gelled fuel in the system? I had fuel that gelled in the bottom of my tank after it had set for a few months. It may be worth a try.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check your fuel line, when a truck sits for long periods at a time, the fuel line becomes thick. Many people pinch the fuel line to turn off their nitro vehicles, this is the same effect when the fuel line in junked or jelled over. Remove the fuel line, Squeeze the fuel line from one end to the other and see if sticky fuel or jell like fuel comes out the other end, if it does replace the fuel line and check your tank.
    Owner - GEYE Hobbies

Driving my vehicles through all obstacles, enjoying trucks, cars, and airplanes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I completely forgot about that! One time it wouldn't start and I had to blow through the pressure line to get a piece of jelled fuel out. If it doesn't rain today I'll try that. [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

we here she is in all its nastiness

and some videos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJY-c...eature=related

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks good!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks dude.......you need to check the vids out....can't open the thing all the way up cuz it's too damn fast!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got the stock motor in mine and sealed it up before ever running it. I gotta say this, it is a screaming sob, fast as all hell easy to tune, and a absolute blast to drive I love this truck, and I own 20 others: lst, mgt, genesis, raze, rtx, gs truggies, kyosho etc. This thing is just a blast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i agree.....and you just wait until you put some real power in it. just something about this truck you can't stop smiling about!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I tried to start it again today and ended up with blisters on my fingers for the effort. I blew through the pressure line to get any clogs out of the fuel lines, and I charged the glow plug igniter and put in a new glow plug, but I would only run for a second or two at the most, and then it would cut off. All the needles are at the factory settings and I tried increasing the idle speed but that didn't help. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Remove your filter and check if you are getting too much fuel or not enough. do this while you pull the pull start.
    Owner - GEYE Hobbies

Driving my vehicles through all obstacles, enjoying trucks, cars, and airplanes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a couple of things.......1) make sure your glow ignitor has enough juice 2)make sure your plug is good 3) check your midrange needle and make sure it is flat 4)make sure your fuel hasn't sweated (keep in a cool place). what kind of fuel are you running anyway? i run Byron....the best fuel alive to me. PLEASE don't tell me your are running blut thunder or sidewinder!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My glow plug igniter is charged, I've checked the glowplug, which is new, and it looks good. I've set the mid range needle to be flush and I use a fuel called "Ritch's Brew" that's made locally and works great in all my other cars.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you didn't seal the motor up, do it. Back plate, and carb. I went through 4 of the stock motors before I just bough an Axial. When you do get the stock running right, it runs good. But they leak air terrible and you will almost never get it tuned without a few dabs of black RTV.
    I\'ll have whatever that guy on the floor was having.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol i laughed when the truck flipped and "soulja55" was like AHHHHHH and started running. not funny that the truck flipped just funny at your reaction
    HPI RS4 3 Evo+ 3.0, AE Mini MGT 3.0, OFNA LX One, Kyosho FW-06, Newest edition Tmaxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea.....i said that word! LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I sealed up the engine a while back and it still won't run. I might just send it in and get a new one under warranty.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WoW that truck looks awesome! soulja55
    KM baja...Dynamite...HPI Firestorm...Small Bolt...Easy Star...Wild Hawk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Initial take and a couple of questions.

I first started following this thread when it first started years ago. I ended up going in a different direction and purchased a Revo 3.3. This past Christmas my son got the Tower Terror from Santa. Here are my initial thoughts and I have a couple of questions.

Break in was pretty straight forward and we encountered no problems. It was a little tough to start the first couple of tanks, but by tank five it was firing up after a couple of pulls. We kept the break in temp between 200 - 215. The engine seems to hold a tune very well and I find the temps holding right around 250(after break in). I decided to purchase a roto start for him after the first two tanks. The skin between my fingers could take the pull starter no longer, and I did not think he would be able to start the truck on a consistent basis. Like I said though after break in, the Tower started up pretty easy so I held off putting the roto start on.

Well it so happened that the starter on my truck died(Revo) so I purchased a black plate to use the Roto Start. I thought this would be a good time to put it on his truck as well. I read earlier in these threads about the tail pipe not fitting on after the installation of the back plate. Well after all these years they did not correct this problem. I should of dry fitted the parts before installation, but I didn't. Yep got the engine sealed and then locktighted the engine into it's mount only to find I could not get the pipe on. So I had to rip it apart clean it up and take a dremmel to the top of the back plate.

The truck is extremely fast and in a straight line it will definitely get the hole shot on my Revo. Over the course of two weekends we screamed around the back yard and went through a gallon and a half of fuel between the two of us. This is when the first breakage occurred. My son drove right into the base of the basketball hoop and shattered the left front knuckle. I ordered him a new one and this is were I encountered a little problem. The tolerance on the bearings were so tight I had to clamp what was left of the old knuckle in a vice and beat the axle out with a hammer and punch. I also could not get them on the new one without the same procedure. Once on I can slide them up and down the axle to the halfway point. It is as the upper end of the shaft is larger than the lower end. What is the trick, am I missing something? I replaced the bearings in many vehicles before and never had this much difficulty.

The batteries for the receiver do not last long at all. I ordered a venom 1600Mah receiver battery pack and disaster number two struck. The first drive was great and you could definitely tell the new battery affected the stock servo's in a good way. As I was refueling my truck, my son was plugging his battery in to the receiver pack first smoke and then flames. Yep, melted it down and shorted out the receiver. This is were question number two comes in. How can I wire the battery to the on/off switch? I don't think a receiver will hold up with constant plugging and unplugging directly into it.

To sum it up I am really impressed with this truck. It has ran great, and the only broken parts so far have been from user mishaps. Tower does need to fix the design of their backplate for the Roto start. For those that did not want to dig my questions out of this lengthy post here they are again.

1. How do you get the bearing on and off the axle without beating them with a hammer and punch?

2. How do you wire or what battery plugs into the existing on/off switch (I don't want to plug and unplug directly into the receiver to turn the truck on and off)?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is there any other kinds of front knuckles that i can use on my tower terror? seeing that tower hobbies brand is on back order till late may?????