Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies Nitro TOWER Terror MT .25 RTR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tower Hobbies Nitro TOWER Terror MT .25 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 04:04 PM
mrsheldon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Nitro TOWER Terror MT .25 RTR

I LOVED THIS TRUCK! MY HORROR STORY. I HAD ON WITH MACH.26SS FROM MY LST. TRUCK ALREADY FUN AS HELL TO DRIVE . THE .26 WAS MODDED BY ME. I PARKING LOT PIMP WITH MY TRUCKS SO LONG WHEELIE TURNS INTO SIGNAL LOSS AND A RUN AWAY !!! SHE TOOK OFF SMACK CURB AND OUT INTO TRAFFIC!!!!! YOU GUESS THE REST. THE TRUCK IS PIECES STILL. RIP TOWER TERROR.

PS LOOKING FOR A ROLLER.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 AM
chaz42075

Recently picked up this truck. I am new to Trucks/Cars. Should there be a long lag from the time the engine spools up to the time the wheels engage. What I am getting at is I thottle up, but I am not getting forward motion until I get to half throttle, maybe better when it is cold. I guess I am used to the immediate response from an airplane stick to throttle up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Is the motor sluggish or does it rev fast, but it takes a long time to engage?

If you are rich on the bottom end, the engine will rev some and then clear out the extra fuel before it start making enough power to really move the truck.

Most of the clutches I have ever had just broke or engaged way too quickly. Just be sure your tuning is right before you dig into the clutch. Watch some youtube videos and see how yours compares as far as sound goes.

Eric
Old 04-26-2010, 04:09 PM
mrsheldon

sounds like your clutch is smokkked![:@]
Old 05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

once it gets going does it slow down ultra fast? check the brake set up, might be set up to tight
Old 06-10-2010, 12:52 PM
chaz42075

It seems to be the intial start and roll out. After I have it running for a bit, she seems to run good. I am not getting consistant throttle response. Sometimes she will stand up after a turn and other times it's like I am rolling into the throttle but I'm not.

What needle settings should she be at? I am somewhere between 3-1/2 and 3-1/4 out now. If I go leaner, she seems to pop and die after about 70 ft. The glow plug looks good but should I switch to a OS #8 or something like that anyway?

Thanks for your help guys!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
cummins driver

Did you check the clutch? It sounds a lot like that could be the problem. A dragging clutch can cause that. I have had 2 or 3 dragging clutches on nitro vehicles and it makes it impossible to find a good tune. My T-Maxx I had with a dragging clutch would run good up top, then it would be dead on the bottom and I thought it was my tuning because i was just getting back into nitro. Then i figured out it was the clutch.

Eric
Old 06-10-2010, 10:57 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a tuning issue to me, a tad rich on the low end side.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 AM
chaz42075

If it is a clutch issue, how do I even begin to figure that out??? I am very new to RC trucks and not sure how comfortable I am with tearing that apart, but if it gets me an answer I am willing to give it a try.

The brakes work good too good, like nose over good if I lay on it. I will try the low end setup first, I didn't mess with that at all. Maybe a new plug couldn't hurt either and I cleaned the filter so we shall see. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 AM
cummins driver

If you havent tuned the low speed needle, then give that a try first, for sure. That could be your problem.

If that doesent fix it, pull the engine out, take the bolt out that is in the end of the crankshaft. Keep track of the spacers and slide the bell off of the clutch and just inspect it for any broken parts or anything

Eric
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM
cummins driver

Anyone still running these things? I just traded for one that is bone stock and in nice shape. Pretty anxious to try it out. Ive owned many brands, and I know these arent top of the line, but they are light and with a big block, should be a riot to drive!

Eric
Old 01-14-2011, 10:34 AM
aleknocker

I still run all 3 of mine and still have fun with them. Once you get the servos replaced they seem to work. I've had problems with the servos on every RTR I've ever bought, so I dont think it's a problem with Tower merchandise
Old 01-15-2011, 11:28 AM
cummins driver

Im not sure if mine has stock servo's or not. Im supposed to get it Tuesday, so ill know then I guess Dont know for sure if ill keep it or sell it, but im definately going to try it out to see what i think about it. Seems like it would have to be fun with a big block and only weighing 8 pounds

It also seems the driveline is pretty strong on these trucks from what I have read here. I dont beat my stuff real hard, so i think one would hold up good to my driving.

Eric
Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 PM
cummins driver

Here is my thread on my Terror. Now that i have this thing going, it freakin screams! Its a fast little truck for sure, and im not even getting full throttle travel.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10265274/tm.htm

I have a question for somebody with a terror. How exactly is the throttle linkage supposed to work? Is the engine required to have a throttle return spring so that it comes back down to idle? If mine doesent have a spring on it, it pretty much stays wide open because of how the pivot for the throttle linkage is keyed together. Seems like a horrible setup on the throttle linkage to me. On the other hand, I have never had anything with brakes this good! So far I really like this truck, just would like to get a real throttle linkage of some sort on it.

Eric
Old 01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
sparky 25

I run throttle return springs on all my nitro rc`s,

pull the spring off your savage and try that.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
cummins driver

I run throttle return springs too, however, Id rather have the servo help close the carb instead of only having a TRS do all the work. If the spring breaks, the throttle will just stick wide open.

I got to run the truck today after work some more even though the weather is awful. Its running great all the way around. Engine runs good and tunes good too. The only problem im having is that I can not get it to idle, and no matter what I do, it seems lean after a long run because it start cackling. I can run the truck fine, but if i bring it in and try to idle it, the thing will idle a few seconds and die like its rich even though it seems lean. Im wondering if the tiny flywheel this thing comes with is causing the problem? It cant have as much weight/momentum as a larger standard flywheel, so that makes me think the engine can try to idle, but just dies because there is hardly anything there to keep any momentum. I may try a larger flywheel on it soon and see where that gets me. Cant hurt.

Eric
Old 01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
mrsheldon

ANY ROLLERS OUT THERE . IM LOOKING FOR A ROLLING CHASSIS IF ANY ONES GOT ONE.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:32 PM
cummins driver

What would you give me for mine? Pics in the thread i linked to above. I like the truck, but I dont exactly need it, and money talks you know
Old 01-21-2011, 04:47 AM
madmax93

I have one that I took the Diff off so the rear is in pieces. I have the diff but I took out the gears.
It does not have the original rear shocks and it would not come with the servos, receiver or remote.
And obviously it will not come with an engine unles you want to buy the HPI .28 I have that was on it for $50.00.
The truck is dirty and the engine is as well. Thats all I can remember about the truck but if interested I will let the
truck alone go for $20.00 plus shipping.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:37 PM
cummins driver

ORIGINAL: madmax93

I have one that I took the Diff off so the rear is in pieces. I have the diff but I took out the gears.
It does not have the original rear shocks and it would not come with the servos, receiver or remote.
And obviously it will not come with an engine unles you want to buy the HPI .28 I have that was on it for $50.00.
The truck is dirty and the engine is as well. Thats all I can remember about the truck but if interested I will let the
truck alone go for $20.00 plus shipping.
Have a picture of the truck?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:03 AM
cummins driver

Well, I have replaced the center spur support bearings, and the clutch bell bearings, and routed the fuel line so it doesent sit on the exhaust and mine is running awesome now. Its all stock except for the servo's and i just cant believe how fun it is to drive. I really like the stock engine now. Starts great, pulls great RPM, and has better mid range response than most any engine I have owned. Plus, somehow the truck seems like it is very easy to keep on its wheels despite how quick it turns.

I have it for sale with people interested, but now im having second thoughts since i dont have a lot in it.

Eric
Old 02-07-2011, 12:54 AM
jackripped

Want a kyosho truggy [ inferno] , engine tired ? Basically a roller in need of new engine !
Old 02-07-2011, 07:42 PM
cummins driver

I think the cost of shipping would make it too costly to be worth it. lol
Old 02-09-2011, 12:52 PM
stuntsalv

HA HA Ye OLD runaway Yes It was an unfortunate explosion that I got the privalage to buy the peices that he could Find. Ebay is the best for setting up anything you want to do for a resonable price. I got a Tower terror Exploded Carcase for a great ebay price. The tower terror is an Old Trinity spyder and there is a Euro version as well. The trinity spyder had a 2 speed transmissin and was longer all parts are virtually the same. You can use tower terror parts on it becuse finding Spyder parts is rare. So the trinity spyder had a Aluminum front shock tower that is a direct replacement for the week plastic stock shock tower. Also had dual shocks you can fit on tower terror I run a dual shock setup. Nice at high speeds.

Mods to my terror

Most important NUMBER1 FAILSAFE,
7.7 inch 23mm cen wheels,
wheel adapters for 23mm
Tmaxx spings
HPI 15 tooth Clutch vented bell with Savage xl aluminum flywheel and shoes,
I custom made a splash skid plate to cover the main spur gear,
Futaba Servos Metal gear BB,
6v receiver battery with futaba J conect for Recharge with out taking battery out,
Dual t maxx shock setup
Dual Aluminum towers OFFtrinity Spyder. one bought one cut from 1/8 aluminum flat stock
Custom made traxxas Ezstart 2 Cut noch in frame made aluminum suport plate to go over cut frame
Stock tuned engine no need to swap just have to tune Right makes 3 bhp on 20% need high oil content.
8 Led light kit Red, Amber, White For night driving.

More to come

Old 06-16-2011, 05:08 AM
madtruck1

anybody still have one? If so do you know anyway to do the throttle different??? i tried to order a sping for the throttle but they are on back order till late July. any help appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.