Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Schumacher Havoc??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 08:14 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Schumacher Havoc??

How is it? Anybody have one, or heard about them?

I posted this same question a few weeks ago, but didn't hear much. Back then somebody said they were having problems..

But I just read on several German forums that it's actually supposed to be very tough and high quality. I know it's only 2WD, but IF it's really that tough and gets to nearly 50 mph, plus its cool looks and not bad price, well that could be interesting... Main disadvantage I see is part availability..

So, anybody know anything?

(I've posted this all over the place, but if you haven't seen it check out: http://www.driftfactory.de/randseite.html. Click on "downloads" and check out the video trailers. They're short, and mostly of LST2's, buggies, and few Revos, but there're some pretty cool tricks being pulled off. You do see a Havoc breaking on one of them... But also a cool rail-slide.. Nevertheless, if you can read German...., the review of the Havoc is very positive..)
Old 05-27-2006, 10:09 AM
kbrembo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Schumacher Havoc??

Have you seen [link=http://www.rckingdom.co.uk/mam/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=162&Itemid=114]HAVOC REVIEW[/link]

I have put a deposit on one and ordered the 23mm Hex adaptors also contacted Schumacher UK and they have sent upgrade parts to me in Australia.I have done my research and apart from first teething problems it seems a great truck.

Some people slate it as they are afraid of change and somthing different.

Cheers

Keith
Old 05-27-2006, 10:14 AM
HerrSavage

Does "bump" mean I'm in the wrong place?..

Anyway, I think it looks like fun..
Old 05-27-2006, 10:17 AM
kbrembo

Bump keeps the topic going......I did not need to put it in though as i wrote some info.

Cheers

Keith
Old 05-27-2006, 10:34 AM
HerrSavage

Just got an e-mail from a shop here in Germany which sells them. I'd asked about spare part availability. He's got it all..(also swore it's as tough as a Savage.. Have to be kind of skeptical about that..)

One thing, I don't like the radio the RTR comes with, so if I got one I'd probably get it without and then get a pistol style one with stronger servos..

Thing is though, price-wise I think once I've got it all RTR, it'd be right there with the MTA4 .28 - the other main truck I'm considering at the moment.

Intriguing, though..

(Funny they both have the same motor too...)

Another minor observation: on the video on this site(http://www.driftfactory.de/randseite.html) a Havoc breaks a wheel off landing bad from a jump. And in the review on the site you posted, the same thing happened..

Would like to hear more about it. Guess it's just still too new..
Old 05-27-2006, 10:46 AM
kbrembo

The wheels are a problem but you can buy 23 hex adaptor set to fit Proline wheels on the truck...this makes it real strong!

Keith
Old 05-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Chronic

The LHS owner bought one for himself, I guess to decide whether he wants to sell them or not. ANyway, I was checking it out and the whole truck looks pretty nice. It scoots across the parking lot pretty good but that's all I saw it doing as he was just finishing break-in when I saw him running it. It looks pretty tough, and I have no doubt that it could take a beating.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:54 AM
HerrSavage

Really? Coming from a Savage guy?(if I'm not mistaken..) Sounds encouraging..
Old 05-30-2006, 08:26 AM
bobohead

The havoc is a great truck. I've had one since early decamber and the only thing i've broken is a bodypost.[sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 05-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Chronic

I have been wanting a 2wd monster truck for some time now, and the more I think about the Havoc the better it looks. The one that the LHS owner had looked sweet, and the fact that you can get it without electronics is nice.

Someone posted a video here a while back of a LST2 racing a Savage LE around a track in Australia. If you search for that video you should also find another one they did where they ran the LE against a Havoc, and the Havoc looked pretty good. I don't think the overall truck is suited for a full-on Savage style beating, but the suspension looks to be up to the task.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:09 PM
SLW4REW

Hey other than rc kingdom where else can i find vids of this beast??
Old 11-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Rasc4l5

so the ARR doesn't come w/ servos? Can any1 reccomend a pistol radio and servo options?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:00 PM
amwhite2005

I'm thinking of getting one now... I read the RCU review, and it does look extremely tough. I like the fact that it is very simple, no 2 speed, no slipper clutch, only 1 diff, no front wheel drive to maintain, only 4 shocks and it goes on and on. It is just so simple, you could take the whole thing apart and put it back together in a few hours. The diffs also look extremely tough.

The price tag is top notch aswell, I will definately be getting one, come summer.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:22 AM
bb-derek

i bought a havoc from some guy on creagslist. at the time i had no clue what i was buying. but i thought for only 50$ i couldn't go wrong. before reading this forum i didn't even know the real name of the car or realize what a great deal i got. i think i am going to go drive it tomorrow. i haven't even driven it yet and its been over a year. i have been to busy driving the savage.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Extreme Crash

I have a Havoc and it's a fast tough truck. Only problem I've had is the one way bearing slipping in the starter. I quit using Traxaas fuel and it's alot better. Here's acouple of pictures of mine.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:54 PM
bb-derek

if you lightly scuff up the shaft that goes inside the baring with some sand paper it will never slip ever again.
is that hood scoop just part of the body or does it actually like an air filter?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Extreme Crash

The hood scope is part of the body.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:57 PM
hkrieger

I Love my Havoc...I bought it (barely) used from my LHS. Musts are 23mm adapters (or you will be breaking Shum..wheels all the time) and stronger steering servo so you can control this beast. Also I changed most of the ball joints, once they wear a little you have to replace them or they keep popping out. I also like having the wheelie bar. This thing will take a beating! Great for flipping.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59725.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1146136  
Old 02-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Lilredmachine

They are thinking of making a brushless, belt driven 4wd version called the E-manic... Looks incredible as a concept truck. I would certainly que up to throw my money at them should they release it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50764.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1146155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92908.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1146156  
Old 01-10-2010, 03:26 AM
stylish187

My FPV Havoc:

Heres the new receiver with patch antenna, held together by my little metal bracket made from fencing reinforcements.The Whole Shebang:Vid Onehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32cxnuzNSCMVid Twohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gQ-Szt1uJMSteve, UK