Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Pullstart!!!!

Old 12-23-2002, 02:16 AM
sueandmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pullstart!!!!

I have spent 2 packs a smokes and 3,000 nerves trying to repair my pullstart. Has anyone attempted and succeeded? if so let me know. and if I am better off buying a new one. don't reply, most likely I am still trying to insert the spring.lol Thanks
Old 12-23-2002, 04:04 AM
trey3670
My Feedback: (10)

Default Pullstart!!!!

get a starter box the 21. motors will kill your arm!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:45 AM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pullstart!!!!

I have wound a couple pullstarts including the Traxxas and they were all similar. Patience must be present but gets a whole lot easier after the first 2 or 3 times.

If you are doing a pullstart like anyone I have done, don't try to wind the coil and place it in. Take some pliers to get the end to pull free from the small hole it pokes through, once you get it loose and pulled entirely free, clean out your housing and the spring as nicely as possible. You then carefully push the spring back into the hole allowing it to coil back up inside. If you find too much friction is not allowing it to go, you probably have more cleaning to do. I'd suggest denatured alcohol.

With the string pre-wound on the spool, stick the string through the appropriate hole and place the spool into its correct orientation. If you are rewinding your pullstart for the same reasons I have fixed them for, you will want to make sure there is a nice flat length for the spool "slot" to capture on as well as a sharp 90° bend on the very end of the spring as to help keep it from slipping out.

With the spool, in always keep your fingures over the assembly assuring it will not fly out (this happens to even the best of us). Place the string through the handle and carefully pull the string from the housing looking for that ideal "sweet spot" to tie it off at and you are done. What a pain huh?
Old 12-24-2002, 03:07 AM
sueandmax

Default Pullstart!!!!

Thanks God!