Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Duratrax Warhead

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:12 PM
bmgsenko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax Warhead

Does anyone have any videos of this truck besides the ones on there site.
Also whats the top speed?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Wide Open

Default RE: Duratrax Warhead

umm, if youre considering buying one, its probably not a good idea. the warhead is notorious for unreliability and lots of down time and weak parts. to tell you the truth, its best to turn elsewhere if youre considering an mt. there are lots of good ones out there.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Mekong

The engine sucks, its a fun truck, but get a savage x instead. Its slow too compared to a savage x.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 AM
clp

[:@] I have to stand up for the Warhead here. If you do not have a Warhead then please dont post here. I have two Warheads and I have not experianced any problems. They are however a new comer to the MT market and they have a great support staff at Duratrax If you do have problems they are quick to respond. [>:]

Top speed close to 45 mph. I will see if I can get my Girl friend to video one of my trucks in action.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:39 AM
JFACKY

they are both right about the Warhead. I know they have both had one and are talking from experience.

Jim
Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 AM
riffrafff

Eh, they're not that bad, in my experience. The engine seems to flood easier than most, but that's easily prevented by using a fuel-line clip. Duratrax is hard to fault for their customer service...they even sent me a set of locating pins for a secondhand starter box, and other people have received new engines, new radios (FM, sometimes), even new trucks from them. One part has broken on mine after about a gallon of fuel through it: the original clutch spring. That doesn't strike me as being "notorious for its unreliability." I still think a lot of the early breakage was due to low outdoor temperatures, as those reports have dropped off as we approached summer. Maybe my opinion is tempered by previous experience with planes and helios (those break a lot easier than the Warhead! )

Obviously, YMMV, but my experience has been positive.