Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage X or Cen Nemesis

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:20 AM
meetball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X or Cen Nemesis

So which is better between these two trucks? Is it the Savage X (probably more of you will say this because its more popular), or the not so popular Nemesis? And why is the Nemesis so un-popular anyways? Seems like a very nice truck
Old 06-08-2006, 03:55 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Savage X or Cen Nemesis

Most people will tell you the Savage is better for bashing, blasting around your back-yard or local park, and the Nemesis is more of a racer. I think the Nemesis looks nice too - but then I recently saw what spare and tuning parts for CEN trucks cost here in Germany....

I think they're just very different trucks... I mean, you don't see many insane bashing vids of Nemeses doing double-back flips - nor do you see many vids with Savages competeting successfully at the race track...(I don't know anything about racing - or even if Nemeses are succesful..) I did see a vid clip once with a Nemesis - and it was HUGE. So that's cool..

If you really want one, and can afford it, I'd say just get it - and let us know how you like it...
Old 06-08-2006, 08:22 AM
huw4027

If your main interest is bashing then get the Genesis LE.
I am currently waiting for mine to arrive. [8D]
Old 06-08-2006, 08:36 AM
jombo

i have them both(2 savages, nemesis and genesis). before i got them i would always pull out the savage for fun, and i dont think that any other truck got used more. then i got the genesis and i dont think i even used the savage since unless i wanted a change. the first truck i would pull off the shelf now is the genesis, its pretty much like the savage on steroids, faster and bigger. but wait for the gst ( genesis super truck) its suppose to incorperate all the upgraded parts of the nemesis and genesis. which means that all the problems that the genesis and the nemesis had will all be fixed with the new truck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84941.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	474245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48038.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	474246  
Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 AM
HerrSavage

Have to admit - those are some cool looking trucks..

But isn't it the case that these big CEN's are basically worthless for jumping - because of their weight? I'm not talking trash, just asking...

Tell me more about this new truck that's coming out - when? I haven't heard many good things about CEN - cheap quality parts, breaks on jumping, etc.. Again, that's just what I've heard - but I'd be interested to know if it's not true...
Old 06-08-2006, 12:34 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Cen does win some major races with the nemesis and the Genesis, with them being almost completely stock.
They are heavy, the gen especially at 17 lbs, but it does have a 5HP engine that is all torque. Plus the Nemesis and gen LE come with the sweet mx3 radio.
The savage X is a nice truck too, It can bash like crazy, but you would never want to try and race wtih it. Where as the Gen/ Nem can bash and race. Plus, with the 5hp engine and a 3 speed, they can hit some big top speeds for a 17 lb truck.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:37 PM
RC30GTR

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Have to admit - those are some cool looking trucks..

But isn't it the case that these big CEN's are basically worthless for jumping - because of their weight? I'm not talking trash, just asking...

Tell me more about this new truck that's coming out - when? I haven't heard many good things about CEN - cheap quality parts, breaks on jumping, etc.. Again, that's just what I've heard - but I'd be interested to know if it's not true...

Honestly, CEN really turn it around with the Genesis now. I used to think the same way you do until i bought the Genesis. I like it so much i dump my K car and bought a matrix. Its actually a solid performer too.

As far as the Genesis for bashing and jumping, you will be amazed..it got a lot better control in the air + landing is a lot eaiser and beter. go to cen's website and check out the Nemesis video ... its kicking ass...
Old 06-08-2006, 09:13 PM
blackrain

go with the nemesis
Old 06-09-2006, 12:48 AM
meetball

i got another question... whats the difference between the regular genesis and the Limited edition genesis? thanks
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 AM
HerrSavage

The LE has a 3-speed for one, and maybe some other improvements...

Get the Nemesis - and then tell us about it... Sure to be a bad-ass truck...
Old 06-09-2006, 11:34 AM
RC30GTR

Radio.. the LE has Airtronics MX3 FM radio. Definitely worth it
Old 06-13-2006, 05:41 AM
nem0_5

I have the Nemesis, and it's a great truck, the power of this this is amazing, nothing but torque. It's only a two speed but it gets up and goes allright, If you do get a Nem/Gen then go straight to your LHS and buy/order the upgraded wheel axles directly from cen. the orignal ones are CR%P, mine broke, just from my brother running into the wheel with his buggy at low speed. But after the upgraded axles are on...
BASH BASH BASH
Old 06-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

I have a Sav 25 and I liked it alot until I got my Nemi. The wheel axles are the weakest point on it but CEN has since revised them to be stronger so that nips that. As for performance, it is solid, jumps well, and will go every bit as fast as a Savy, X or otherwise. The plastics on the CEN's are no more better or worst than that of HPI, I have done some of the same insane things with my Nemi as I did with the Savy and nothing broke on either, so the durability is there in either. But the Cen does come with better servos and radio combo, and most people try to go the T-zilla route any ways, the CENs are already there. They're longer, wider, and have the .46 in already. IMO here are the pluses and minuses--CEN all metal gearing including the spur gears/HPI--metal in tranny, plastic spurs. CEN--3 aluminum 6 metal gear diffs/ HPI--2 plastic 4 metal gear diffs. CEN--2- 100+oz. metal geared servos/HPI-- 2??. CEN--Airtronics FM MX-3 radio/HPI--Stock AM radio. CEN--Metal to Metal stop on dime front and rear brakes with bias adjustability/HPI--single fiber brakes with alot of play. CEN--claimed 5HP .46 engine/HPI--claimed 2.6HP? .25 engine. CEN--Aluminum front and rear skids/HPI--Plastic. CEN-- 8-(10 Gen) Piggyback shocks/HPI standard 8 shocks. CEN--adjustable upper arms for camber/HPI--fixed non adjustable. CEN--Aluminum rollbar/handle for roll overs and carring/HPI--plastic with optional plastic roll cage. The list goes on and on if you want it to. Now I am not saying that the HPI is bad, I have one and like it alot, but in order to get it to the level that the Nemesis is straight out of the box I would have to fork out about another $200-400 dollars to get the engine, gears, chassis, diffs, servos, radio, and skids. To me it's not worth it. Yeah, there aren't many hop ups availabe for the Nemesis, but what else do you really need? It will accept any 23mm 40 series wheel and proline makes nice bodies that will fit it as well. There are aftermarkets shocks and arms for it in aluminum and other parts as well, but to me it is well loaded out of the box. Maybe it's just me, but I would definitely go with the Nemesis/Genesis LE or the soon to come GST.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:26 AM
HerrSavage

Can you post a link about this new GST?? I like the look of the Gen/Nem, but so far I still have doubts about CEN.. But I know - things change. Savages used to be good, for ex..
Old 06-14-2006, 04:10 AM
duckedup

Patrick .... heres the [link=http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=220411]CEN GST[/link] ..... looks pretty sweet
Old 06-14-2006, 04:19 AM
HerrSavage

Thanks. It LOOKS good - but so do the Gen and Nem.. But what about it is better?? I've heard reports that CEN has been making progress in improving quality, but is this new thing gonna be the real-deal - I mean, something truly-bashable to challenge Savages, Revos, LST's, MGT's, etc..? I don't know much at all about the Nemesis - I like it though - but as I said, all I've ever heard about CEN in general is that quality is bad, and about the Gen in particular that it breaks really easily.. Is this GST supposed to solve all that?.. It definitely looks good...
Old 06-14-2006, 04:24 AM
duckedup

all the parts that they have had to revise on the 1st versions are supposed to be on this truck, so it should be solid .... I can't wait till it comes out, I think I'm gonna get it
Old 06-14-2006, 04:50 AM
HerrSavage

Well, I just got a new one... so I won't be buying anything anytime soon - but I'll keep my eye on this GST and see how it works out.. IF it turns out to be good, well, there's a hobby trade fair at the beginning of October - could be a chance at special prices...(where I got my Savage last year..)
Old 06-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Roscco

Playing with a Nemesis brought me to a new sport, Savage hunting

The smile you get as you drive over one is highly addictive
Old 06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
RC30GTR

exactly... Revo hunting for me...
Old 06-15-2006, 12:17 AM
michelob78

I completely trashed a t-maxx I basically launched off of it, alot of damage to the t-maxx nothing to my genny...... Problem is the t-maxx was mine, a friend was driving..... [&:] Busted rear aluminum bulkhead, arm, and skid plate.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:42 AM
RC30GTR

ouch... aluminum bulkheads .... quiet some damages there
Old 06-17-2006, 07:26 PM
fastlane7

I run against a fleet of Savages...an ss 4.6 / a savage X w/OS VG.30 / and a ss 25. Those trucks are durable but when it comes to big air and brute force...the Nemesis is definaltely the winner![>:]
Old 06-18-2006, 03:07 AM
HerrSavage

Really?? The Nemesis is a big-air truck? And can it take the bad landings? To me that's the whole point of Savages - and the essence of bashability..

There's a hobby/model fair at the end of the summer, so I may be looking to get a new toy come then.. Is the Nemesis a money-pit the way the Genesis is as well?...
Old 06-18-2006, 07:27 AM
blackrain

money pit i dont think so i run a nemesis and my brother runs a savage x since i had my nemesis i only upgraded my steering servo so i can have something that turns the wheel fasTER. JUST OUT OF PERSONAL CHOICE and i changed to the upgraded wheel axles wich was under warranty do to the fact the originals werent strong enough and Cen addresed the issue. i bash race and jump this truck with no failures. this truck is rock solid i have never bin more pleased with a rc product like i am with this. i own a MGT, revo, nemisis and a mugen truggy let me tell you this the mugen and nemesis are my two top trucks then my mgt wich was a great reliable rtr i also like my revo wich i must say is a money pit. you want to know about dorability you need to talk about dorability you can ask my brother who stays clear of my nemesis with his SAVAGE X since the last time he saw his parts flying. check out the nemesis drive line talk about bullet proof i know even run a lrp 28 on my nemesis just to show you some of the options you have

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.