Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST2 vs Monster GT .28

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LST2 vs Monster GT .28

I have the mgt and really like it. Cant go wrong. But if you really like the lst2, look at Losi's aftershock. It looks pretty nice for the same price about as the mgt. The mgt's drivetrain is extremely durable. Cves are practically imbreakable, except for those pins, not a biggy. The mgt is a great truck.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 PM
redfox03

ah yes, those pins in the cvds.... i know all about those. one broke in mine again last week. thats the only prob i had with my mgt. first time it happened i was wondering my my truck was in rear wheel drive. second time i was like what the hell, time to do donuts!!! i wish i had a pic of the donut i did with the front cvd out on the right side of my truck. it did the most perfect donut, and all the dust flying up from the gravel road made it look even cooler. not to mention it was kinda dark and i have a light bar on top of my truck. if only i had brought my camera. what a donut
Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 PM
scottywilkes

well i dont want a traxxas cause it is smaller and i just dont like traxxas so the revo is out. MMMMM savage well im not sure about that i definately like the MGT cause of the size and it looks good im still not sure though. A savage might be good though
Old 06-13-2006, 04:12 AM
scottywilkes

well it looks like the Monster GT wins will be buying it from tower and an OS18cvrx for the evader in a week or two so i cant wait. What is a real good engine for the GT that will make it go really fast and lots of wheelie pulling torque>
Old 06-13-2006, 04:15 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LRP Z.28R Spec 3.. Don't think they have it at Tower though.. From Tower, the Picco 28 is probably as beastly as you can get....
Old 06-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Wide Open

haha, heres another for the lrp .28 spec 3. but id recommend at least running the stock engine for awhile to get your moneys worth out of that.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:55 AM
huw4027

The stock .28 engine is pretty decent but what you can do is get a 14 tooth clutch bell and that thing will wheelie all day long but you will sacrifice top end.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 PM
proctorj00

You could go with the OS .30 engine. Also, talking about run time, the MGT is big enough that there is room for a second fuel tank on the opposite side of the current fuel tank. I have seen several people add a second tank to it and you can get about 20 to 22 minutes of run time. I think the MGT is a great truck and when setup right I have seen them beat LST2's at the track. The September 2006 RC Driver magazine has a short article about an MGT buildup. A set of wheels, tires, RPM suspension arms, and upgraded shocks make this one of the very best basher trucks on the market. At about $400 you have enough to get an engine that will blow the LST2 away. A few more bucks for some upgrades that you would do on either truck (arms, tires) and you have the best truck you can have.
I have had several Team Associated trucks (T4, GT, RC18MT) and none of them have disappointed me.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:06 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an LST and an MGT. Even though I've had the MGT for over a year, I've never used it that much. I've got probably less than 20 hours on it. The LST is just far superior in every aspect............From durability, speed, handling, maintainance, I just prefer the LST. My original plan was to have the LST be my racer and my MGT be my basher. Even in racing trim, I still prefer to bash the LST over the MGT.

The MGT is a good truck for what it is.....It's just a dated design and doesn't compare well with much of the competition.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:47 PM
ahamade

Dont forget if you buy an LST2 your getting a much better radio system. Thats one reason it costs more. I bash with my LST2 and its great. It is also a great jumper, you really cant beat having them huge shocks.