Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Video of my Twin 40 hybrid Tmaxx

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Video of my Twin 40 hybrid Tmaxx

Old 01-18-2003, 06:33 PM
}{unter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of my Twin 40 hybrid Tmaxx

damn them tmaxx's look great wished i had one

}{unter
Old 03-05-2003, 12:57 AM
topdawg516-RCU

Default DAMN

All i have to sayto 3dmaxx is DAMN! what a badass. that thing sounds soooooooooo sweet. my god i love it!!!! it sounds a lot better than those 2 stroke hornet sounding things. it sounds cool. hey could u do a drag video with your truck and like either gpmaxx or like someone with a normal .15 maxx or a 2.5 maxx? that would be cool to see you burn them.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:27 AM
Tronjo

Hey 3maxxman, you did a great job building your machine, it looks awesome.
Ron
Old 03-06-2003, 02:47 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

HEy so how about you tell us how bad you smoked those 2 strokers man?> come on spit it out!! hehe
Please dont tell me you havent raced yet!!
You gotta pit this thing against GP's twin 2 stroker!
-ram
Old 03-06-2003, 09:30 AM
gidzila

Sick, sick, sick, that's all i can say about those trucks. I'm not one to usually gape over rc cars (it takes ALOT to impress me), but i can say that both of you fellas got sweet sweet machines. If and when (i guess it would be a BIG if) you guys ever decide to sell it, lemme know, you definitely have a prospective buyer here :P. I could always try and build one, but that's what i do with real cars and don't have the time or patience (doing that to RC cars doesn't really pay the bills <--- especially when you keep on breaking em :P).
Old 03-06-2003, 12:47 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Haha.. Good one gidzilla! Real cars.. what do you build? 600HP custom HotRods? :drool:
-ram
Old 03-06-2003, 11:49 PM
gidzila

Specialize mainly in Jap imports. I actually own a 450 hp car (plus an 80hp shot of nos), and build 600+ hp skylines and supras, on almost a regular basis (once or twice a month). We usually churn out more sedate cars (ones that see 200 - 400 hp) on a regular basis .
Old 03-07-2003, 03:44 AM
ridethelightnin

two words!!

FRIGGIN' BEAUTIFUL!!

Really makes me want to build a custom MT and pick all the best parts from all the different MTs Mfgers!!
Old 03-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

my dad has been working on a 66 nova with 500+ horse power small block. I make hotrod weedwackers and gokarts motors for minibikes and stuff.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:09 PM
concept1
My Feedback: (2)

great looking trucks guys, but a few questions?? i have been considering a twin myself, but with the OS .15 cv-x. they are only .68 hp. I have one now and was going to upgrade to a picco or fantom, but going a twin is very tempting. My question is how is the drivability of these with twins. Jumping, cornering etc, verse single engine. with the os cv motors i don't think i will have a problem with totally over powering the truck but hoped to get a good wheely machine that will still run good on my atv track, jumps and etc. and will run with the new 2.5 better than it does now.

thanks
Jon
Old 03-08-2003, 07:22 PM
3maxxman

You can run with the new 2.5 for much less than building a twin, look at the new XTM .18 with the Sirio pipe, you would have a truck that's as fast if not faster than the 2.5 for less than $150. I can't recommend a twin to anybody as an everyday runner, they take alot more work to get running right. If you are running a few trucks and want to do something different then by all means build a twin.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:56 PM
packfan88

hey great looking truck an dgreat inovation

lemme ask you guys a few questions.

since its two pull starts, and you start them seperatly, what happens when oen is started and the other isnt? does the clutch bell spin backwards on the non-started one? explain that real quick if you could.

also if one engine stalls, what kind of stress is put on the gears? do you come right into the pits or is it ok to drive that thing with one running?

about the front wheels lifting. i only have 2wd st's. are 4wd's set up with most power going to the rear wheels and the fronts geared to take less power? or are all front and back gears to take the same power? if back takes more of the power/torque anyway for you guys to gear it differently?

thanks and again awesome trucks
Old 03-08-2003, 11:12 PM
3maxxman

what happens when oen is started and the other isnt?
Nothing.
does the clutch bell spin backwards on the non-started one?
No, the tranny doesn't spin,it's a solid shaft unlike the Tmaxx tranny.

also if one engine stalls, what kind of stress is put on the gears? do you come right into the pits or is it ok to drive that thing with one running?
It will run on 1 engine but it is not geared for 1. It will smoke the clutches running on 1 engine.

about the front wheels lifting. i only have 2wd st's. are 4wd's set up with most power going to the rear wheels and the fronts geared to take less power? or are all front and back gears to take the same power? if back takes more of the power/torque anyway for you guys to gear it differently?
As above the tranny is a solid shaft with a spur gear on it so the power is the same to the front and rear. As for gearing my twin 4stroke can take all the gear you can give it, the only problem is that there is no clutch designed to take the power this thing has.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:08 PM
creeping death

Originally posted by Isphius
my dad has been working on a 66 nova with 500+ horse power small block. I make hotrod weedwackers and gokarts motors for minibikes and stuff.
dude, I used to own a white 66 chevy II(nova), it had a chevy 350, powerglide 2 speed tranny, and it smoked everything I raced...very light car...about 350 hp. I loved that car...wrecked it though.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:00 AM
Isphius

Well, the nova was pretty fast with a straight 6 and the powerglide. it weighs 2600lbs to be exact. I decided not to put the500 hp engine in yet, because i have a turbo 350 and im worried about how much power it can take. When i rebuild the powerglide ill put the powerful motor in. Sorry to hear about wreck. I hope we never wreck this one.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:36 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

bleh when im done with mY EMAXX i think itll take your TMAXX no prob

but still its a beaut!!! You run it like a 10 yr old girl though come on open that thing up
Old 03-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Isphius

With your clutch burning problem, I thought about that with a gokart i had. It used to burn up cluthces too. What we did was run a 12 tooth sprocket from the engine with a chain to a jackshaft which had a 9 tooth sprocket. Then we put antoher 14 tooth clutch on the shaft, then over to the axle. It put much less torque on the clutch and they didnt get so hot all the time. You could also do something like this with your truck, or even use 2 clutches per motor.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:28 PM
GPmaxx

Default burnt clutches?

If you are having problems burning clutches, I would change to aluminum 3 or 4 shoe and drill the clutch bells on the outs side and on the face with 4 1/8 inch holes so the air moves thru them immediatedly when you let off the throttle. aluminum dissipates heat faster than any other clutch material out there. I have been using the 4 shoe setup and have turned the clutchbells blue (too tall of a gear) and still have not changed shoes in over a year. Oh yeah, and I am running a 14 1/2 lb all metal truck.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:44 AM
wannabeturbo

You guys need a life....LOL. I love that video. I want to see more also. I love the way that thing just takes off and to know you arent even trying to do anything with it. Of course, running with a bunch of rookies helps make your truck look ten times better than it should :P Its still an awesome truck. When you get around to it, show us more video.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:35 PM
joe78586
My Feedback: (3)

Default TWin 2.5's

I've been trying to get my hands on another trx 2.5 to make my t-maxx a twin 2.5 but that ain't goin to be soon.(no job and I only make 20 bucks a week)

I think it would be pretty fast and strong with all those rpms and power.
I am not to experienced and probably shouldn't do it but that ain't going to stop me.
I'm going to build it even if it takes me years.
One question= where can I get one of those trannies you guys have on your twins?
Old 04-07-2003, 09:04 PM
oooshutdown

Default plans?

Does anyone have a webpage for plans for a dual engine MT?>? thanks
Old 09-05-2005, 08:12 PM
cooptroop123

Default RE: Video of my Twin 40 hybrid Tmaxx

dude, dual engine trucks suck and are slow and heavy, i would burn your truck w/my FR.18 t-maxx
Old 11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
moneytlks01

what ever you troll, this thread is over 2yrs old. get a life.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:32 AM
bobdole

look here [link]http://www.neweramodels.com/prod57_tmaxx_25.htm?session_id=[/link]