Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Nova aluminumn 3 shoe clutch for savage stinks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Nova aluminumn 3 shoe clutch for savage stinks

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 AM
nitroracer82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova aluminumn 3 shoe clutch for savage stinks

I upgraded my shoes to the nova aluminumn 3 shoe clutch and after a couple run days I noticed a whistle noise. I removed the cb to find that my shoes wear not only warn but ate the inside on the cb! Im back to nylons now but want something better still. I have the GH hardened cb which is stronger than the stock cb but don't want to ruin this new one. anyone know of a great quality 3 shoe clutch??
Old 07-06-2006, 01:25 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Nova aluminumn 3 shoe clutch for savage stinks

aaaaaw.
I just ordered a nova set last night...
Old 07-06-2006, 01:37 PM
nitroracer82

lol that sucks... if i had a nickle for every time that happened to me. yeah you're best bet would be returning them. or if you wanna give em a try don't put the weight screws in
Old 07-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

You know I had that happen on my stock CB as well but it didn't really wear out the shoes. I did after that happened, sanded the inside of the CB to get the excess out and reinstalled them and they worked just fine then. I dunno if that will do it for you, but Nova is all that I use now. I have tried the Muegen but they seemed to wear really fast. Too I ran a .28 on the Savage, now I am using them with a SH-28, LRP.28 spec 2, Wasp 28, Picco 23, and a CEN .46 without fail, I never installed the weights in any of the engines except the .46, I used 1 long one. So I hope it all works out for you.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
duckedup

I use the Nova shoes on my MGT and have had no problems. The only thing I plan on doing differently with the next set is NOT puting all the set screws in them, they wore faster than I expected (but the wheelies were cool)

You could try out that Werks racing 4 shoe clutch setup (if it'll work on a savage, which it should) I would but I don't wanna spend almost $60 on a clutch/flywheel[X(]
Old 07-06-2006, 02:45 PM
duckedup

actually, is just under a gallon wearing too fast for aluminum?? I'm not really sure
Old 07-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Yeah, with the weights it will wear faster than normal, I have none in my others and at the time the SH has just over two gallons and they will need replacing soon, but should be good for another half. The others are anywhere between 1/2 to 1-1/2 gallons and all look good. Again they have no weights in them except the .46, and I have yet to check on it as it only has about 1/2 a gallon on them. Will be checking here soon though.