Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Monster Pirate JUNK!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 02:47 AM
mjp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Pirate JUNK!

I have had my MP for about 6 months and use it only occasionally. Good thing, I went to use it last Sunday in the snow and found it had no more 4wd, upon dissasembly I found the fron diff planetary gears had turned to mush. Again I really don't use the truck much.
I went to a site that sells the diffs for $95 each. What a waste of money this truck it.

Anyone have any recomendations as to a good .21 size truck?

mjp
Old 12-31-2002, 03:06 AM
LandShark

Savage , dude, or NEW T-MAXX.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:33 AM
gpse26
My Feedback: (2)

do you want to sell the truck
Old 01-13-2003, 03:35 AM
SINNER

Found a no buck fix for a locked diff that may help. Take planetary gears out of diff leaving the bevel gears intact. Clean grease out with some solvent. Fill diff housing with hot glue gun and screw it back together quick. This will give you a locked diff. I used this trick on my center diff while waiting for replacement gears. It worked so well I haven't bothered to put the gears in. You may want to use this new locked diff in the rear and the put the rear in the front to keep handling . This may not be necessary since you're running on snow. BASH IT TILL YA CRASH IT!!!! Haven't driven the savage but my tmaxx pulls like a .21. Associated truck looks promising, also xtm has a .25 coming out that looks pretty awesome.