Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage x or t-maxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:57 AM
motox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage x or t-maxx 3.3

hi im stuck on deciding which one to get i like them both can any one help me decide just write which one u think i should get and why
thanx.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

Default RE: savage x or t-maxx 3.3

If it was me i would like to get the t-maxx. A few of my friends have some and i am impressed. And those dont even have the 3.3. The t-maxx seems to be very durable. I know lots will say that it is un bash worthy, but if you take care of it my friends have had almost 0% trouble. I would also choose the t-maxx because it is faster, it is nice to have lots of power. The one thing that kept me away from the savage is also that i have heard that it is a pain to work on, even though the x is supposed to be better. I have a mgt and like it, but i think know matter what u will like them both
Old 07-24-2006, 02:17 PM
LivingLegend

even though i only have experience with a 2.5 tmaxx not the 3.3, im going to have to tell you to get the savage. the savage is just going to be soo much more durable and the handling difference is very little. all i know is that i drove my friends t-maxx into a curb at about 5mph at an angle and it broke the front bulkhead. my savage can go into curbs all day long at 20 mph and i dont even check it to see if i broke something before i give it full throttle and take off again.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: Rc EnthuSiasTs

....I would also choose the t-maxx because it is faster, it is nice to have lots of power. .....
The Savage has more power, the Tmaxx is faster because it weighs less....

The Savage is alot tougher. If you're into bashing, go with the savage - If racing, neither.....
Old 07-24-2006, 04:07 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I have had both a Tmaxx 2.5 and a savage 4.6. I know the 3.3 tmaxx is better than the 2.5, but trust me, ge the savage!
The savage might not handle very well, but at least it's tough. The Tmaxx hadles poorly and isn't durable at all. When I had the maxx, I got what I thought was going to be a POS 250$ CEN racing MT2. Turned out that the MT2 killed the tmaxx in every way, but wasn't as tough as the savage.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:29 AM
idrinorbarsaku

i have both a t-maxx and a savage 25 and savage x, the savage 25 is completly stock besides the titanium tie rods. my t-maxx has an xtm 24.7 pro engine, i would say about 95% is aluminum, the t-maxx is my favorite to keep up in a stand cuz its shiny! but the savage is my favorite for evrything else! it also seems to have more power and torque when going over tough terrain and even though it is completely stock i havent broken anything besides having to replace spur gears and new clutch bells! i would always go with savage, my savage x bent the right front chassis, bent front 4 shocks, cracked the first front right shock, servo saver cracked, steering servo is cracked, but with all these damages it kept on moving, i just looked at it and was about to cry, my baby wants to live! thats why i will always go with savage! as you should to.