Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help This Newb!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:13 AM
randy4877

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help This Newb!

Hi guys, trying to break in my new Revo 3.3 but it wont idle. I put in the ez start and engage it and soon as i stop, the truck cuts off. Wouldnt i turn the idle screw counter clockwise for this??? The truck will run as long as i give it some gas, but when i let off... dies again. Also, this is a huge newb question im sure... but is there a neutral cause whenever i do press the gas the truck doesnt move. So surely there is a neutral somewhere? I see something on the controler that says 50/50 and 70/30... its in 50/50 now, do i need to put it in 70/30 to make it go? Thanls..
Old 07-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Dil

Default RE: Help This Newb!

well dont get ready to play already!!

just keep the controller at 50/50 like it was when you got it, about the neutral, since its a new motor like all motors they dont move that easy, thats why you have to break it in, to free it off the frictional forces, dont expect it to fly off just like that, you will be able to see how fast theese things really move once they are properly broken in!!

well to keep it running just turn the idel screw clokwise to increase the idle, and lean the high speed needly about 45 to 90 degrees, it should be firing up and running then, dont worry if the truck stops a few times during the first few tanks thats pretty normal, follow the break in instructions like what the video has, it should be fine then

also once broken in you can reduce the ilde speed, but first break it in and what u can do

good luck
Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 AM
randy4877

Hi Dil... thanks for the reply! I adjusted the idle screw clockwise like you suggested and that helped big time, it will actually idle now. Think i need to go a little further though cause it doesnt idle consistantly... but when you say lean the high speed needle, does that mean turn it clockwise or counter clockwise? Im such a newb so make it easy for me to understand. But still when i give it gas it doesnt want to go, i can see it trying or even when i pick it up the tired will move some... is there any way to reduce the brakes? Thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

turn it clockwise. I dont think it is the brakes dragging. An easy way to tell is to roll the truck on the ground and see if it rolls smoothly. But it took my truck 2-3 tanks before i could start applying some gas. Patcience is key
Old 07-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Dil

just a lil tip, leaning out in your traxxas truck, is turning any needle clockwise, lean mode means when there is little fuel coming into the engine

RICH means turning any needle in your truck anticlockwise, in would result in more fuel entering the engine

more fuel into engine(RICH) the engine is very sluggish and poor performance
less fuel into the engin(LEAN) the engine performance increses,

but leaning is not the whole deal to get performance, its about getting that perfect ballance of rich and lean to give better performance and better engine protection,
Old 07-29-2006, 01:28 PM
randy4877

Hi, i called my LHS and they recommended that i pull the glow plug out and spray a drop of WD40 down into the cylinder? I did it and that worked wonders, they said that it would help to lube the top of the cylinder where the piston hasnt made it to yet. But im not letting the truck cool before starting my second tank. Wish me luck!!