20.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Overall strongest Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
demo8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overall strongest Truck

Well sorry to make a other topic on it but, I could not really fint what i was looking for.

My hobby shop has The cars listed in the poll,

T maxx- $500, I have heard bad things about them in other post, breaking alot. but have ez start
revo- $550 Lotta cash, are they stronger then the t maxxes? but also have ez start
savage- $490 Beefy, how much power and speed does this thing have?
tnx- $400 Cheep, don't know to much about them, how strong and fast are they?

I'm mostly looking for a strong truck that will have the least down and broken time, and thats easy to use. I don't race just bash, but I'm not very rough don't plan on jumping any huge jumps or hitting cement walls.

And don't let this become other threads and have post like

"t maxxes suck" It would be nice to have reasons

Thanks alot
- matt
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 PM
KRO

Default RE: Overall strongest Truck

I have not seen the TNX or the Savage in person but my son owns a REVO 3.3 and a bud of mine has a T MAXX , and the REVO is a bad ass truck , tons faster than the T MAXX and better handling and jumping . That said the REVO does have a major flaw that I can see and that is its front shock pivot rods , these are VERY vulnerable to front end hits (my son has replaced 4 so far) , outside of that the REVO is really nice . Have you looked at the Team Associated Monster GT 4.6 SE ? I own this one myself and have had a blast with it so far (15 tanks) . Its not quite as fast as the REVO but it jumps and off roads just as good . BTW I bought it online from Ultimate Hobbies for 369.00 shipped and it was worth every penny IMO ....
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Bria1

I have a TNX and it is a pretty tough truck. I've also seen Revos take quite a beating and come back for more. A lot of people say the savage is the toughest truck, but from what I've seen of my friends, I'm not so sure. But that could just be 1 bad truck out of 1000s. You probably couldn't go wrong with any of them. See what your LHS stocks parts for. If you can afford it, I'd get the Revo over the T-maxx.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:18 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Revo is awesome. I have yet to drive it, but it is far easier to work on, and it looks plain old bad*****. As for the savage, I don't like it very much compared to my LST, although the Savage is a beast in terms of toughness
Old 08-02-2006, 09:52 AM
dracohowe

tnx all the way

tmaxx - worst performing truck of the list

revo 3.3 - awesome car only problem is the shock pivot rods

tnx- i have never heard any problems and when me and my friends bash it takes the most without breaking

savage- probally the toughest there is but it has diff problems so i have heard?[sm=confused.gif] correct me if im wrong
Old 08-02-2006, 09:54 AM
ICrashThings

I would say tnx and savage out of that list.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:18 AM
jokerplaya

if its your first truck the t maxx is he easyist to work on and very upgradedable if u get into racing in the end . The revo has the best racing standpoint stock but is more limited to just racing. i have never seen a tnx on the track but have heard they can take a good beating about like the t-maxx. the savage x has chassis brace problems in a weak poin in the aluminumn by the X. IMO the T_MAXX is the most versitle of the trucks very tunable has a good amount of hop-ups and can be turned agood racerwith a couple hundred bucks

When i say tunable im not talking about tha carb im talking about suspension, diffs, camber, toe in/out(please dont make me laugh at you), has the most body options/power plant options, most after market hop-ups along with the savage and its a 2 speed auto with reverse
Old 08-02-2006, 01:36 PM
MrMuz

Savage hands down, out of the box nothing is tougher and with the right upgrades you can make them bullet proof. I think Traxxas have great ideas but implement them pretty badly!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:13 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Savage = insane bashing
Tmaxx = outdated truck that wasnt great to start with
TNX = nice all round
Revo = great racer, good basher, but nothing like a savage.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Savage 25(or LE..) is the unequivocally clear answer to this question.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
PillowPants

A savage 25 roller with some sweet hop ups that I happen to have listed in the buy and sell section of RCU sounds right up your alley... lol. But I think that the strongest truck is probably the savage out of that list, and the TNX aint bad either.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:13 PM
demo8

Does any one know the top speeds for the savage and the tnx? Just want to make sure there not pigs, speed isent that inmorntant to me faster is always better. I also have a duratrax stadium truck

They also have the Team associatded monster gt for 450 dollers, hows that one?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 05:45 PM
mikewoodkozar

Why isnt the LST on the list?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:24 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Well it kind of needs some hopups before it can be considered tough
Old 08-02-2006, 09:39 PM
RC30GTR

these polls are so pointless... stop already [:-]
Old 08-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Blackhawk4
My Feedback: (1)

he is true but nobody cares what he just said revo toughest all teh way

BYT even did a project on it http://www.beatyourtruck.com/project-revobasher.html
Old 08-03-2006, 03:35 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk4

he is true but nobody cares what he just said revo toughest all teh way

BYT even did a project on it http://www.beatyourtruck.com/project-revobasher.html
I'm hardly impressed by that little color scheme project..
Old 08-03-2006, 04:08 AM
HerrSavage

BYT is so lame.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:48 AM
jostein

http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/...deo_revo11.htm
This is more then you need of durability.

http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/...deo_revo13.htm
http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/...deo_revo07.htm
http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/revo_mov/...deo_revo08.htm

I would go fore REVO.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:45 AM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Well it kind of needs some hopups before it can be considered tough
Wrong IMO. The LST2 is just as tough as the others out of the box. This is such a stupid thread anyway. You know its pretty easy to edit the poll and put a new voting option in,
Old 08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
SSSavage25

BYT is so lame

and why is that?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: mikewoodkozar

You need to add the "2" at the end of LST in order for that to even be taken seriously. I love my LST2, but these things aren't very tough out of the box. It's a fine truck with TONS of potential, but it really doesn't belong on the list. After I added the RPM arms, aluminum knuckles and hubs, and the after market engine brace it can now hold together about as long as a stock Savage does, but your talking apples and oranges out of the box.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:18 PM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: Chronic

You need to add the "2" at the end of LST in order for that to even be taken seriously. I love my LST2, but these things aren't very tough out of the box. It's a fine truck with TONS of potential, but it really doesn't belong on the list. After I added the RPM arms, aluminum knuckles and hubs, and the after market engine brace it can now hold together about as long as a stock Savage does, but your talking apples and oranges out of the box.
I dont really agree, the LST2 out of the box is still one tough truck, and belongs on the list as it is every bit as durable a stock Tmaxx. And that IS apples to apples.

Furthermore i have not broke a single arm on my LST2 racer (has 9 gallons on it this season) so the RPM arms are not required. True the engine chassis brace sucks, but if you make sure your chassis screws are tight frequently you should be okay. And yes, spindles do break, but come on, i havent broke a single carrier, so there is no real need for those either.

I would put a stock Tmaxx up against a stock LST2 and my money would be on the LST2, seriously the LST2 belongs on the list period.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: Chronic

I dont really agree, the LST2 out of the box is still one tough truck, and belongs on the list as it is every bit as durable a stock Tmaxx. And that IS apples to apples.

Furthermore i have not broke a single arm on my LST2 racer (has 9 gallons on it this season) so the RPM arms are not required. True the engine chassis brace sucks, but if you make sure your chassis screws are tight frequently you should be okay. And yes, spindles do break, but come on, i havent broke a single carrier, so there is no real need for those either.

I would put a stock Tmaxx up against a stock LST2 and my money would be on the LST2, seriously the LST2 belongs on the list period.

True, but I don't think the Maxx belongs there either.
Maybe I got an especially weak LST2 or something, but I know lots of other people that had the same problems. Everyone has different experiences though, and I'm not questioning yours at all. I just know that MY stock LST2 didn't belong on the list.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:21 PM
HerrSavage

BYT is lame because 1.) nobody posts there much anymore anyway, 2.) there are hardly ever any more new vids except from socal, 3.) they've got a couple of wanker mods who think they know everything (though Chris and Tom F are cool..), and 4.) it's turned more into MYT - mod your truck, with the only real activity based around a few special projects to show off how much some guy can mod his truck.. So when some newb comes along to ask what truck to get, he's told to get what's the most moddable, instead of what's the best for a newb.. Sometimes guys with a lot of experience lose perspective about what makes the hobby fun, and turn all arrogant towards newbs and the less experienced. Basically some *******s became mods and got attitudes, so if you don't kiss their a s s and worship their status as überexperienced gurus you get banned..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.