Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

Old 08-22-2006, 01:58 PM
mrpman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

I started reading posts from:

All Forums >> RC Cars, Buggies and Trucks >> RC Monster Trucks >> RE: Anyone own a Warhead?

I did not find this until after I purchased my Warhead. Should I send it back? I have not even opened the Box.[sm=confused.gif]

If I send it back, what Truck/Car do you recommend? I have always had buggies and this was to be my first monster truck.

What Buggies/Stadium trucks or monster trucks do you guys recommend for durability and quality? (and which one is the best for the money)
Old 08-22-2006, 02:08 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: HELP! SHOULD I NOT EVEN OPEN THE WARHEAD BOX AND SEND IT BACK?

Um, that would be a "yes, without hesitation".. Then get an Associated MGT 4.6.. Toughest thing going out of the box right now..

Best price, too..
Old 08-22-2006, 02:11 PM
GT Batman

Yes, send it back. I have a Revo 3.3 and LST2 and both would be excellent trucks.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

If your are loking for bashing , you may also try the savage x. I have the LST, LST2, and the savage -25.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:21 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send it back or sell it on.

You can do a lot better, and i agree with Patricks suggestion of the MGT. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

why did you wait so long to read up on the warhead?
Anyway, dont even pretend to think about opening the box. Try to send it back and get the mgt
Old 08-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Slipracer

YES!!! do exactly what the title said. Any truck I have driven was better than the Warhead. Look into the Aftershock, revo 3.3 or maybe even the savage x or mgt 4.6 you can't really go wrong with any of those trucks.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:19 PM
mrpman

Thanks for the inputs. I am looking at other alternatives now. I like the feature of the MGT as having a pull start or a attachment for drill start.

Is the MGT a FAST truck?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:49 PM
A.B.U

It's plenty fast for a Monster Truck. You could also look at the revo 2.5R pr Savage X, maybe even aftershock
Old 08-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Rice_slayer

My warhead is great, sure it breaks somedays but what monster doesnt? Anyways since everyone is anti warhead here, i would suggest the losi aftershock, my LHS owner is a great guy and owns one, its great truck only thing is the pull starter isnt that good. I would have gotten one but hey, I have the pride of owning the only warhead in they city, its also great when i out-bash a revo 3.3 :P.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 PM
86atrack4

I also have a WH, I did change a few things to my liking and its been awesome. All that BS that its bad is just that BS. I've had mine since Jan. and been posting in the anyone own a WH for quiet some time. Mt's break what doesn't, the mgt is a good truck, just that it can't handle like the WH.

P.S. when you order the mgt order some other shocks, the stockers suck.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:20 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is absolutely NOT intended to start a fight, but why is there so much hype about the Aftershock??.. Isn't it basically a DOWNGRADED LST1 - a notoriously brittle (albeit fast..) truck..... I'd consider one if I thought it was tough, but can it possibly be?? All I ever hear about it is how much you can upgrade it... Which is stupid IMO - these trucks should be tough and ready to bash out of the box... Like I said, no offense, just wanted to point that out..
Old 08-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Old_Guy

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

This is absolutely NOT intended to start a fight, but why is there so much hype about the Aftershock??.. Isn't it basically a DOWNGRADED LST1 - a notoriously brittle (albeit fast..) truck..... I'd consider one if I thought it was tough, but can it possibly be?? All I ever hear about it is how much you can upgrade it... Which is stupid IMO - these trucks should be tough and ready to bash out of the box... Like I said, no offense, just wanted to point that out..
Like a LST No, it has a center diff.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:11 AM
McFly505

ORIGINAL: 86atrack4

I also have a WH, I did change a few things to my liking and its been awesome. All that BS that its bad is just that BS. I've had mine since Jan. and been posting in the anyone own a WH for quiet some time. Mt's break what doesn't, the mgt is a good truck, just that it can't handle like the WH.

I'll agree that the Warthead handles well out of the box, but I will put my MGT up against your Warthead ANY day of the week.

After the Warthead breaks, I'll still be drivin my MGT. After you fix the Warthead, I'll still be drivin my MGT.

It seems like the Warhead owners are coming out in force, speaking of how well the truck is doing, as of late.

Has Duratrash fixed the problems with the Warhead? Does it come out of the box with a good clutch, alum servo saver (or at least a plastic one that doesn't break just by looking at it), improved fuel tank and engine cradle/mount, better plastic, CVA's that don't wear the pins out in less than 10 tanks, a radio that WORKS, tires that stay on the wheels, a transmission that doesn't lay down 8-10 tanks later and an engine that actually runs, makes good power, is fairly easy to tune and starts in 1-2 pulls WITHOUT breaking the pullstart? Has the aftermarket accepted the Warhead and developed better/stronger parts for it?

Answer these questions honestly.

As I said above, I will agree that the Warthead handle well out of the box. BUT, what good is a truck that spends more time on the bench, or at Hobby Services, getting repairs, than it does on the ground being driven? I will even go so far as to say that I really did like the way the Warthead drove and the way it looked, but I HATED that I spent WAY more time fixing it than driving it.

I expected to have problems with my MGT. I expected to break parts, learn to tame a tempermental engine, get aggravated that it wouldn't hold a tune, and spend a bunch of $$$ on spare parts to keep it up and running.

Guess what? I now have 2 MGT's and I'm building a 3rd from scratch with some killer aftermarket stuff. I have around $30-40 in spare parts that I HAVEN'T needed. I have yet to break something major on either of my trucks. The first one lost a CVA (front left) and a drill start cup and I broke 3 upper arms. I BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF THAT TRUCK, just trying to kill it. That is all I managed to break. Launch your Warthead off the top of your garage at full speed and see what happens. Drive it into a tree at speed and see what happens. Flip/roll it into oblivion and see what happens. Teach your 11 yr old Son and your 13 yr old Daughter to drive a nitro R/C with your Warthead and see what happens.

I'm NOT saying that the MGT is SUPERIOR to EVERY truck on the market, as I have NO experience with the Savage, LST, REVO, etc. There are many trucks that will out run and out handle it. What I am saying is that the MGT is, IN MY OPINION, a far better truck than the Warthead.

IF/WHEN Duratrash can build/market a decent truck, I may re-consider my stance. Until then, I will avoid them like I would avoid a pit bull with AIDS.

My $.02

Scott
Old 08-23-2006, 08:21 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Amen!!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:02 AM
86atrack4

Well if I had one wish right now I would stack my WH against all 3 of your mgts. You need to see what a WH can do when someone that has experince and a little no how.
I can't tell you what a out of the WH has now all I can say is DT has sent out new 3pm radios, 3 shoe clutches and new and improved engines.As for the fuel tank they offer a smaller tank, the cvd pins can be replaced with harder ones, which I've done.

I still have the same servo saver(yes the plastic one) If you would have insp the operation of the saver you would have found the spring is a little soft and when tightened to much it can't do what its suppost to do. With a little know how I streched it and have had no problems with it and why would it come with a alloy one?

My son is 11 and has been driving r/c for 4 yrs so he can drive, I've been building r/c for a long time and he has driven all of them and don't have to worry about him wrecking any of them. I would really like to see you drive the mgt at full speed into something solid it will break just like mine and all the others in this forum

Jumping off a garage...I did that crap when I was 13 now at 31 I want to race and have fun.
The next time I race or run with a mgt I will think of you and laugh when I pass it by.

ORIGINAL: McFly505

I'll agree that the Warthead handles well out of the box, but I will put my MGT up against your Warthead ANY day of the week.

After the Warthead breaks, I'll still be drivin my MGT. After you fix the Warthead, I'll still be drivin my MGT.

It seems like the Warhead owners are coming out in force, speaking of how well the truck is doing, as of late.

Has Duratrash fixed the problems with the Warhead? Does it come out of the box with a good clutch, alum servo saver (or at least a plastic one that doesn't break just by looking at it), improved fuel tank and engine cradle/mount, better plastic, CVA's that don't wear the pins out in less than 10 tanks, a radio that WORKS, tires that stay on the wheels, a transmission that doesn't lay down 8-10 tanks later and an engine that actually runs, makes good power, is fairly easy to tune and starts in 1-2 pulls WITHOUT breaking the pullstart? Has the aftermarket accepted the Warhead and developed better/stronger parts for it?

Answer these questions honestly.

As I said above, I will agree that the Warthead handle well out of the box. BUT, what good is a truck that spends more time on the bench, or at Hobby Services, getting repairs, than it does on the ground being driven? I will even go so far as to say that I really did like the way the Warthead drove and the way it looked, but I HATED that I spent WAY more time fixing it than driving it.

I expected to have problems with my MGT. I expected to break parts, learn to tame a tempermental engine, get aggravated that it wouldn't hold a tune, and spend a bunch of $$$ on spare parts to keep it up and running.

Guess what? I now have 2 MGT's and I'm building a 3rd from scratch with some killer aftermarket stuff. I have around $30-40 in spare parts that I HAVEN'T needed. I have yet to break something major on either of my trucks. The first one lost a CVA (front left) and a drill start cup and I broke 3 upper arms. I BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF THAT TRUCK, just trying to kill it. That is all I managed to break. Launch your Warthead off the top of your garage at full speed and see what happens. Drive it into a tree at speed and see what happens. Flip/roll it into oblivion and see what happens. Teach your 11 yr old Son and your 13 yr old Daughter to drive a nitro R/C with your Warthead and see what happens.

I'm NOT saying that the MGT is SUPERIOR to EVERY truck on the market, as I have NO experience with the Savage, LST, REVO, etc. There are many trucks that will out run and out handle it. What I am saying is that the MGT is, IN MY OPINION, a far better truck than the Warthead.

IF/WHEN Duratrash can build/market a decent truck, I may re-consider my stance. Until then, I will avoid them like I would avoid a pit bull with AIDS.

My $.02

Scott
Old 08-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Wide Open

The next time I race or run with a mgt I will think of you and laugh when I pass it by.
actually with stock gearing the mgt is faster than the warhead. believe me ive owned both
Old 08-25-2006, 12:41 AM
86atrack4

Who ever said my WH had the stock engine? I didn't.

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

actually with stock gearing the mgt is faster than the warhead. believe me ive owned both
Old 08-25-2006, 01:04 AM
duckedup

So, you're comparing your upgraded WH to a stock MGT?? [sm=confused.gif] lolz....
Old 08-25-2006, 02:04 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

LOL! If I had a wish, i wouldn't waste it on that

It's nice they have good support, but wouldn't you rather not need it? How about getting a truck that doesn't need warrantied parts every time you run it?

Warhead looks to be a good truck on paper, but once you get one, you either realize it's garbage, or you become a DT fanboy and spend crazy amounts of money/ time on it.

In response to the original question. Do send it back and get any other major brand name truck. You will be glad you did.

Well if I had one wish right now I would stack my WH against all 3 of your mgts. You need to see what a WH can do when someone that has experince and a little no how.
I can't tell you what a out of the WH has now all I can say is DT has sent out new 3pm radios, 3 shoe clutches and new and improved engines.As for the fuel tank they offer a smaller tank, the cvd pins can be replaced with harder ones, which I've done.

I still have the same servo saver(yes the plastic one) If you would have insp the operation of the saver you would have found the spring is a little soft and when tightened to much it can't do what its suppost to do. With a little know how I streched it and have had no problems with it and why would it come with a alloy one?

My son is 11 and has been driving r/c for 4 yrs so he can drive, I've been building r/c for a long time and he has driven all of them and don't have to worry about him wrecking any of them. I would really like to see you drive the mgt at full speed into something solid it will break just like mine and all the others in this forum

Jumping off a garage...I did that crap when I was 13 now at 31 I want to race and have fun.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Rice_slayer

&#^@ why is everyone so anti-warhead? will you guys stop being so bloody ignorent and actually let the truck have a chance! I love my warhead, it is a good basher, the other guys i have gone bashing with i have all beaten and never broke a part! The only truck i ever lost too was an LST,which is understandable. Monster trucks are bashers in my city, no body actually races them, i have a touring car for that. I know the warhead had issues but its really starting to smoothen out now.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Wide Open

sorry guys, but youre not convincing me about the warhead being good. ive owned one. at my age (15) i can not afford to take what is terrible in its stock form and upgrade it, so i sold it and bought my mgt. it was a $390 investment. guess what? not counting fuel, its now a $420 investment. why? i bought a crowd pleazer body and stiffer shock springs. stock i have never had a problem with air in the fuel lines, no air leaks in the engine, no mixture change through the tank, no more broken steering from touching it to a wall, no worn out clutch in 10 tanks, no radio interference, no worn cvd's, etc. i tried to calculate how much money it would take me to get it to the performance of my stock mgt after i sold it.... i stopped after about $600. theres no way im spending that much to get a truck to be good unless its an lst2.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:26 AM
PedeBeater

Dude guys the warhead is like the coolest truck I have right now and I have Lst2, Savage X, Warhead, and revo 3.3 and seem to like the warhead the best. Its easy to get at parts and stuff. But remember when u buy any kind of r/c nitro car have back up money just in case. Havent broken anything on it. Very durable!!![X(] And Big. The engine could be better but I shouldnt complain lol[8D]

Thats just my oppinion
Old 08-25-2006, 11:14 AM
ahotrodder

ORIGINAL: Rice_slayer

&#^@ why is everyone so anti-warhead? ...
Maybe a Warthead kicked dirt in their face, several times!!!!

Also, there are some that have a sad little need to bash![:'(]
Old 08-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Rice_slayer

ORIGINAL: rstandke

The engine could be better but I shouldnt complain lol[8D]
Very much agreed, its not the best engine, but as i said this truck is a VERY good learning experiance. It has tought me how to fix parts on a budget, how to mix a carb's fuel mix. Its an awesome truck IMO. It lacks a little power but its got enough for me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.