RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

.21 maxx, or 2.5maxx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 12:50 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default .21 maxx, or 2.5maxx?

I want a truck that is fun and has ALOT of power. I love the vids of the EK4, but cant seem to get a deal on one. So, I have had a maxx before, and loved it, but it was a little low on power, even with a nova .12 it didnt have enough power for me. Im looking now to do a .21 conversion on one, or buy a new 2.5 maxx.

What is your opinions?
What has to all be upgraded for a normal maxx to handle a .21?

Maybe its better to just get a 2.5 and be done?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2003, 03:45 AM
JohnVH

Or even a .40 4 stroker?

Looking for opinions.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2003, 04:33 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fourstroke...NO..no...
Old 01-07-2003, 04:34 AM
JohnVH

hey, I sent you a pm a day or so ago on the power of a single, whatcha think?

How much does a maxx have to be upgraded to hold it? or a .21 for that matter?

Another question, is it better to start with a complete truck, or did you guys scratch build them?
Old 01-07-2003, 04:47 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

I owned a .21 Maxx with an OS RG-X and a bunch of upgrades including CVD's all around and I now own a new 2.5 T maxx and I must say, on pavement or on light off roading, the 2.5 maxx feels like it may be faster or at least about the same plus the 2.5 can yank wheelies which make it more fun, my .21 Maxx of course had more torque and could pull harder in thick grass or heavy offroading, hmmm, for the $$ I'd definitely stick with the 2.5, you can get a new 2.5 and put a couple of upgrades and you'll be very happy, if you upgrade a Maxx to a .21, you will have to put in Cvd's and some other upgrades that make the truck heavier and weigh it down a bit plus it'll cost lots of $$, probably enough to buy two 2.5 Tmaxxes, so definitely go with the 2.5, it's very impressive and having owned a .21 Maxx, I think that's saying a lot, I am very happy with the 2.5 and do not intend to upgrade it to a .21, I just may have to go with that Sirio TX 18 a little later though...........
Old 01-07-2003, 04:52 AM
3maxxman

As an only truck I would not recomend a 4stroker. They are fun but not the norm and not speed freaks like the 2 strokes. You need to realize the 4stroker is maxxed out at 21,000 rpm's and will have to be running pretty hard to reach that. It will run with some .21's but not the top end ones. They have their own little quirks and sometimes it's best to just walk away and run another truck, hence the reason for my screen name, I almost never leave the track until I want to because if I break I just go get another truck, if one doesn't want to run right that day I just get another. I have done the fourstroke because nobody had even seen or heard one around here and it was a challenge that I wanted to take on. It's all in fun and it's great fun at the track when you leave it on the pit table all afternoon and all the guys are drooling over it, then you fire it up and everybody want's one. You need to come to the track and check it out!
BTW last pm I received from you was 12-26 about the EK-4.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:54 AM
JohnVH

Maybe it was on maxxtraxx?

Thanks for the info

Still like to watch you animals run sometime!
Old 01-07-2003, 04:58 AM
3maxxman

Well what are you waiting for, Summer? Last weekend was a blast. There were about 15 to 20 people out on Sunday! The pits and the track were full, and always a blast! Get out there.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:59 AM
JohnVH

Oh, well I dont know what times to show up! Gotta give you pro's a crack at my TQ and tell me that I need a new XTM in it.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:44 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

I'm sure I'm repeating myself here but I'll do it once again.

I have both the EMaxx and the 2.5 TMaxx and I really do enjoy both of these trucks. I cannot compare them to a 21 as I have never owned one. I will say that I am highly impressed 2.5 TMaxx and would have to believe that you would be also.

I am impressed with it's power.....speed.....handling.....looks.....and it has been holding up well for me. I will also say that I am not into "FLYING" my trucks so when I say I think it's holding up well....that is based upon "my driving style". I can't speak for how you drive or treat your rigs. I would buy another TMaxx without hesitation....except.....like many of us who are always looking....reading.....listening to others who buy other rigs....I am eventually going to buy a Savage 21 after a year or two of factory corrections, etc.

In a word.....or two....I'd say buy the 2.5 TMaxx and find out what every one else has been saying about it. It's all true!

Good Luck!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:50 AM
3maxxman

Originally posted by JohnVH
Oh, well I dont know what times to show up! Gotta give you pro's a crack at my TQ and tell me that I need a new XTM in it.
People are usually there around noon or 1 and run till it gets dark or they break.
Call Cory for directions and to find out who's comming out the day you want to come, he usually starts gettting calls in the am and knows who is comming by noon. I'll pm you my #'s call me if your going and I will try to make it.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

get a monster pirate. its 169 without a motor and you shouldnt get the hyper engine because its a high rpm power engine and it doesnt have much torque, in fact it wont even go up a slight incline in the grass without a push. I put a thunder tiger .21 in mine and it has much better torque, and i now just figured out ts slightly faster than my friends with the hyper 8 port. plus the pullstart is weak and breaks very easy on the hyper. this is a good truck if you like picking shock fluid and setting up suspension when you build it, but if you just want a toy get the max. it is less work to get it running