Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Upgraded steering servo? What arms do you use?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Upgraded steering servo? What arms do you use?

Old 01-12-2003, 03:37 AM
SmokyTyrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgraded steering servo? What arms do you use?

Hi everyone,

I have a HiTec HS-5625MG to replace the steering servo. I have a 6v 1100 mah NiMh pack driving it the electrics.

The servo horns that came with the servo do not work well at all. The double-long arm broke in about 3 minutes. The beefy cross-long arm with metered holes was stripped out by the servo. I think the screw that came with the servo wasn't long enough, so it wasn't secure in the servo and stripped.

If you use an upgraded servo in your savage, what servo arms are you running? The stock one won't fit well on the 5625...it slips a lot. The ones that came with my servo suck. I'm going to the LHS tomorrow and buying something to make this bulletproof..no slipping on the horn and no snapping the arms. Maybe Ti arm kit? Any recommendations?

Also, what size screw is used to attach the horn to the HS-5625MG? Anyone know? I can't find HiTec's website anywhere.

Thanks a bunch!!
Old 01-12-2003, 04:47 AM
LandShark

some people use hs-945mg.

that is what i am going to get.

some experts, give us some advices
Old 01-23-2003, 11:11 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

use a hitec 645mg and get a kimbrough gas servo saver or use durbro part # (dubm6672 )fiber reinforced servo arms or get aluminum servo arms.the splins are different from the stock hpi serv horn to the hitec. The 945 is over kill and expensivet if you want to save money try using the servo servo you just bought and the dubro part first.