Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Woo hoo got my .21 installed!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Woo hoo got my .21 installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 01:34 AM
Gear-Head
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woo hoo got my .21 installed!!!

Well, after pulling my M16 off my Maxx and cleaning it I got to looking at my hyper .21 begging me to throw it on. So after some minor modification to the stock chassis on went my hyper, this thing flat out screams!!! Here are some pics!

Old 01-15-2003, 01:40 AM
Alteramod

A .21 on a t-maxx ya say? Hmmm, now that would be pretty cool, looks nice to!
Old 01-15-2003, 01:44 AM
Gear-Head

Why thank ya, it is in fact a .21! Actually it is a ofna Hyper .21 Turbo soon to have a JAG RC nitrous oxide kit on it
Old 01-15-2003, 01:47 AM
Alteramod

I wish i could aford stuff like that. (you piece o crap lol)<--- j/k
Old 01-15-2003, 01:57 AM
Gear-Head

You know it cost me about $5 to do it (Less the cost of the engine) it really wasn't bad. You can pick up Hyper .21's all day long for $60-80 and you can pick up used T-Maxxes all day long for $200-300 you just have to put your mind to it. Then when you get there the gratification is awesome!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 02:01 AM
Alteramod

Well, i have a Ofna Lx Pro Buggy on its way to my house with a .25 in it
Old 01-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Gear-Head

Very nice! Sounds like a blast!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 12:54 AM
Bluehydro8

I have the Ofna Titan, It has the ofna .25 and it really does scream. That little buggy will fly. I also installed the XTM .247 on my savage and nothing can touch it. Not even the Titan or the X-Factor. I believe that you did a very good job on you t-maxx Gear-Head. Very economical too. I like the way you attached the two aluminum pieces to the main frame piece. But are you sure it will hold Gear-head. Oh well have fun with it.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:41 PM
dwrenches

Originally posted by Bluehydro8
I have the Ofna Titan, It has the ofna .25 and it really does scream. That little buggy will fly. I also installed the XTM .247 on my savage and nothing can touch it. Not even the Titan or the X-Factor. I believe that you did a very good job on you t-maxx Gear-Head. Very economical too. I like the way you attached the two aluminum pieces to the main frame piece. But are you sure it will hold Gear-head. Oh well have fun with it.
im seriously thinkin of puttin that xtm 24-7 on my savage,but i need to know if it is worth doing? does it make a big difference or just a little digfference,will it pull wheelies,is that a good dependable engine and durable one what exhaust pipe did you use ,was it an easy install? etc. thanks in advance for your input
Old 01-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Gear-Head

Bluehydro8,

Thank you the conversion is working great! I did have a bit of a flex issue I used the stock screws on my adapter going into my bulk heads, because of the Hyper's torque they worked their way out, so I drilled 4 holes through my bulk head, and some allens through the plate and the bulk head and put nylocks on the other side. It is 100% rigid now! The picture below is with the allens. I am also going to be doing a bit of bracing just in case there is some flex I am not seeing. I'll post pics as soon as I get the X brace in!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Bluehydro8

Dwrenches
To be completely honest with you, I was happy with the Nitro star .21 BB that it came with. The New XTM .247 does make the truck pop wheelies at will or even moving. But there is very little difference between the .21 and the .247. I used the stock pipe but not the stock manifold. The stock manifold didn't fit just right. I don't know about all of you but I like to have things fit just right. The Savage will pop wheelies with t-maxx wheels and with 80-wt oil in the rear shocks. It's really about how you set it up. I couldn't say about the durability of the XTM because I have not had it all that long. So far so good. I am glad to hear that your truck is completely rigid. I also agree that you should do a little bracing just in case. Because in the world of RC things can go wrong when you least expect it.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Gear-Head

I always build with the belief if I can possibly imagine it happening, even if it totally outrageous, it can and probably will happen unless I take precautions. Just the nature of the hobby.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:34 PM
dwrenches

Originally posted by Bluehydro8
Dwrenches
To be completely honest with you, I was happy with the Nitro star .21 BB that it came with. The New XTM .247 does make the truck pop wheelies at will or even moving. But there is very little difference between the .21 and the .247. I used the stock pipe but not the stock manifold. The stock manifold didn't fit just right. I don't know about all of you but I like to have things fit just right. The Savage will pop wheelies with t-maxx wheels and with 80-wt oil in the rear shocks. It's really about how you set it up. I couldn't say about the durability of the XTM because I have not had it all that long. So far so good. I am glad to hear that your truck is completely rigid. I also agree that you should do a little bracing just in case. Because in the world of RC things can go wrong when you least expect it.
bluehydro,thanks for the info on the 24-7,you may have just saved me 140 dollars,i will wait until the engine on the savage dies before i replace it now,i was looking for an engine that could be bolted in the savage and pull the front end up in the air just from the brute force of the engine itself without having to change the shock oil,or the gearing or the wheels etc ..just brute horsepower similar to what the thunder tiger ek4 can do...thanks again
Old 01-16-2003, 11:57 PM
Bluehydro8

Dwrenches.
I don't know if you have noticed what the Savage tends to do. It will not wheelie but it will really peel out even on paved surfaces. The .21 it comes with can wheelie but the tires just don't let it. Your need high grip tires with a harder compound like the ones on the t-maxx. The tired that the Savage comes with are more for show and really rocky surfaces. You really need a tire made for loose dirt or even sand.