Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

A Good Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:46 PM
beaglegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Good Dilema

Wow its been almost 8 months since Ive been here on the forums, and quite a hecktic set of months, In one year I bought and sold my first 2 Nitro monster trucks.

An MGT 4.60 and a Savage 25 LE, after threadlocking every screw on each one and breaking in each engine I was forced to sell them along with most of my equipment. Ive kept myself away from reading and looking at RC stuff so as not to get sucked back in to soon, but now Im once again able to look seriously at buying a new vehicle.The one difference between this time and the previous 2 times is this time I dont want $$$ to be a factor. I want to buy whatever my heart desires in an RC vehicle,of course you can see where this is all going but alas Im not here like a complete newb asking which car/truck/buggy is best, well not exactly. What I am asking is if money was no object which vehicle would you own? Regardless of size 1/10 1/8 1/5 1/4,and regardless of price?

I think the answers will at least help me to scrutinize certain vehicles befor a plunk down a chunk of change.

Well its good to be back here and Im looking forward to bothering my neighbors again real soon!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:29 PM
nkbrisson

Default RE: A Good Dilema

If money was no abject, i would say the X-Ray buggies or the kyosho truggies, they are a bit of change, but you get what you pay for, the x-ray's are made of the best steel and aluminum that money can buy and therefor they are extremly durable. As these are both kits, for the engine it would be the Hot Mod Novarossi S821B 8 port Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine, and the namadio sensor radio. That would be my ultimate combo.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:08 PM
beaglegod

hhmmm nkbrisson , I almost forgot about kits and after market engines! Good stuff and more for me to think about now.thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
nkbrisson

Kits are the way to go, they are generaly made with better parts and plus you get to put it together, so you know how it all works. My next vehicle will be a kit for sure, the cost is more, but you are able to put what you ant in it, radio, motor, servos ect.

Oh and your welcome!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:18 AM
gkcontra

If $$$ were no object I would probably go with an FG monster beetle or something along those lines. No nitro to deal with, just plain old 2 cycle gas and loooooooonnnnnnngggggg run times. The downfall is not too many places race them.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:02 PM
beaglegod

omething along those lines. No nitro to deal with, just plain old 2 cycle gas and loooooooonnnnnnngggggg run times.
Yep that sounds so good I went and ordered a HPI Baja 5b!

Now the only trick part is how to sneak it past my wife!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:18 PM
gkcontra

yea, I'm gonna have the same problem sometime next week when my GSt 7.7 comes in...
Old 10-21-2006, 07:11 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to the hugest hobby shop I've ever seen yesterday(in the States for a visit...) Unbelievable.. Anyway, they had everything, and for me the funnest, coolest looking nitro was the Losi Muggy.. Yeah, a Baja seems to fit you bill best, but I would think a Muggy with better electronics would be a fun truck.. Looks good too.