Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

t maxx or savage difference

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 08:25 AM
GANGstar305

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t maxx or savage difference

wich truck is better??? like in durability , bashing racing , engines ,and speed i think t maxx and savage are like expedition and chevy suv in real life so i really dont know the difference between both i really like the t maxx because its easy to work with please tell me the difference
Old 10-22-2006, 08:39 AM
darwood1

Default RE: t maxx or savage difference

I have a Savage X and a T-maxx 3.3 both are good solid trucks. The 3.3 is a little monster real quick. The Savage X big block, big fun, invest in a wheelie bar for the savage x you'll need it....
Old 10-22-2006, 08:45 AM
rushrtr3
My Feedback: (1)

the savage beats the t-maxx for durrability abd the speeds are about the same. Regular X and 2.5 t-maxx speeds are the same and the X SS and 3.3 speeds are about the same.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:21 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I am speaking of each as they come right out of the boz (bone stock):

The stock Revo will spank a stock Savage on a track given two identically skilled driver. Though both trucks may have about the same top speed, Revo can get to its top speed much more rapidly than Savage. Revo also has alot of innovations made specifically to improve its handling: ultra light weight, shocks mounted parallel and very close to the centerline, one piece main chassis plate with an engine mount that tilts the engine head torwards the centerline, the list goes on. All these make Revo a great handler with a reduced polar moment of inertia (rotating mass) and the Revo can go into and come out of turns like a nimble rabbit. Maintenace is also a snap on Revo since all the components are right on top of the chassis and very easy to get to for maintenance and repairs.

The stock Savage can take a whole lot of licks and shake them off where the stock Revo will usually break its stock spindly arms. Its TVP design is so durable that other truck makers (CEN, Duratra Warhead, etc.) have addopted this design to toughen up their trucks. The TVPs encage the drivetrain and electronics bo in between them and these componenets are never eposed to damaging forces unless you wreck so badley the TVPs fail catastrophically (I talking about like running into a solid fived object at top speed such the the front assembly totally shears and buckles all the pieces and is compressed into the TVPs such that the TVPs peall back like a bannana). Even the engine in mounted within the TVPs.
The only drawback (for practicallity purpose of design) is that the engine gead is greatly ezposed. Now, the newer Savages have light weight grab bars with engine head protector that do help to protect the engine better. Speaking on the subject of maintenance, HPI redesinged the Savage such the latest Savages to hit the market have easy access housings to make maintenance and repairs as easy as maintaining a Revo. Opening the diff housings to replace the diffs no longer requires taking aprt large components of the truck. The same goes for accessing the tranny.
The electronics boz (I call it the batt boz) has more internal voolume in it to prevent pinched wires (I've ruined an antenna wire and several servo wires in the older batt boz). The batt bo even comes with a port so you can recharge you hump pack without even taking it out! Most of all, the new batt boz totally eliminated cotter pins!!!
Don't get me wrong; the Savage is not invincible. Savages are totalled all the time by people doing stupid stuff (I know, I've done some of those stupid things myself).

Overall, both trucks are great at what they are designed to do. HPI took some great steps forward to improve the Savage and ease in maintaining them was one of their great jumps forward. I should know; as much as I bash and have to replace things, the easy access has made my RC eperience much more pleasant.
Revo is a great racer and most buy it for that. Now, Revo can be made to bash, but you will have to get aftermarket stuff too toughen it up. As far as its stock spindly suspension arms, most, including racers, chunk them and buy tougher aftermarket units. Other parts (particularly the drive train components) are what people upgrade on their Revos to, especially since the TR 3.3 is a much more powerfull engine than the TR 2.5.
Savages can also be made to race and people actualy win with them. Finding the right aftermarket stuff and setting them up is key to making Savage a winning racer. (Of cousre, I am assuming all drives have the same racing skills when I say this.)
Old 10-22-2006, 09:34 AM
McFly505

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I am speaking of each as they come right out of the boz (bone stock):

The stock Revo will spank a stock Savage on a track given two identically skilled driver. Though both trucks may have about the same top speed, Revo can get to its top speed much more rapidly than Savage. Revo also has alot of innovations made specifically to improve its handling: ultra light weight, shocks mounted parallel and very close to the centerline, one piece main chassis plate with an engine mount that tilts the engine head torwards the centerline, the list goes on. All these make Revo a great handler with a reduced polar moment of inertia (rotating mass) and the Revo can go into and come out of turns like a nimble rabbit. Maintenace is also a snap on Revo since all the components are right on top of the chassis and very easy to get to for maintenance and repairs.

The stock Savage can take a whole lot of licks and shake them off where the stock Revo will usually break its stock spindly arms. Its TVP design is so durable that other truck makers (CEN, Duratra Warhead, etc.) have addopted this design to toughen up their trucks. The TVPs encage the drivetrain and electronics bo in between them and these componenets are never eposed to damaging forces unless you wreck so badley the TVPs fail catastrophically (I talking about like running into a solid fived object at top speed such the the front assembly totally shears and buckles all the pieces and is compressed into the TVPs such that the TVPs peall back like a bannana). Even the engine in mounted within the TVPs.
The only drawback (for practicallity purpose of design) is that the engine gead is greatly ezposed. Now, the newer Savages have light weight grab bars with engine head protector that do help to protect the engine better. Speaking on the subject of maintenance, HPI redesinged the Savage such the latest Savages to hit the market have easy access housings to make maintenance and repairs as easy as maintaining a Revo. Opening the diff housings to replace the diffs no longer requires taking aprt large components of the truck. The same goes for accessing the tranny.
The electronics boz (I call it the batt boz) has more internal voolume in it to prevent pinched wires (I've ruined an antenna wire and several servo wires in the older batt boz). The batt bo even comes with a port so you can recharge you hump pack without even taking it out! Most of all, the new batt boz totally eliminated cotter pins!!!
Don't get me wrong; the Savage is not invincible. Savages are totalled all the time by people doing stupid stuff (I know, I've done some of those stupid things myself).

Overall, both trucks are great at what they are designed to do. HPI took some great steps forward to improve the Savage and ease in maintaining them was one of their great jumps forward. I should know; as much as I bash and have to replace things, the easy access has made my RC eperience much more pleasant.
Revo is a great racer and most buy it for that. Now, Revo can be made to bash, but you will have to get aftermarket stuff too toughen it up. As far as its stock spindly suspension arms, most, including racers, chunk them and buy tougher aftermarket units. Other parts (particularly the drive train components) are what people upgrade on their Revos to, especially since the TR 3.3 is a much more powerfull engine than the TR 2.5.
Savages can also be made to race and people actualy win with them. Finding the right aftermarket stuff and setting them up is key to making Savage a winning racer. (Of cousre, I am assuming all drives have the same racing skills when I say this.)

I thought the guy was asking about the difference between a T Maxx and a Savage.

Where did the REVO come into play?

Scott
Old 10-24-2006, 05:41 PM
klempa

He said that, because a t-maxx is no competition for the savage The 3.3 is the closest thing though. Don't consider a t-maxx. It is less money than the 3.3 T-Maxx. If you are gonna go traxxas, go revo. I would pick the savage though.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:50 PM
rushrtr3
My Feedback: (1)

The T-Maxx is the savage's rival and the revo's rival is the hellfire. Like to see a revo hang with a well tuned hellfire.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:47 PM
gkcontra

The TMAXX is competition for the savage. Both have their weaknesses and positives. I do believe that for bashing a savage is tougher, but for racing a tmaxx can be setup for a track easier. I like what traxxas has done for the Revo as far as suspension, but I do not like the chassis setup, so with a widemaxx package setup a tmaxx can be set almost identical to it.
With Higher power engines they can both have diff issues, and I believe RPM is making arms for both tmaxxs and savages now so you can bullet proof the arms. Both can be solid trucks for you though
Old 10-28-2006, 01:10 AM
GANGstar305

i kno right everyone is freaking obssesed w/ the revo my personal opinion is the revo sucks its too complicated to work with and the t maxx is just plain and simple
Old 10-28-2006, 02:40 AM
duckedup

I'm not obsessed with the Revo... although, I don't think it sucks..at all...

IMO (and most others), the Savage is the better truck.. in every way... (over the Tmaxx)...just my opinion though...
Old 10-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Rice_slayer

I would say savage, and i too hate the revo. All i hear is revo this and revo that, SHUT UP ABOUT THE DANG REVO ALREADY!!!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:09 AM
savage haley 14

i have a savage and a revo and the only thing ive ever broken on my savage is a spur gear but on the track the savage x will not keep up with a 3.3 but i race against my friend and he has a revo 2.5 and i beat him every time