Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Savage, steering and battery packs?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage, steering and battery packs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Savage, steering and battery packs?

What are you guys running in your savage as far as batteries go? I understand that you can run a 4 (4.8v) or 5 (6v) cell configuration to allow for more sterring power. (70 vs 90) Can someone fill me in on the brands and results of batteries and configurations that are available for this application?

Here are the specs from the servo

High torque steering servo (rated at 70 oz./in. & .20 sec. speed @ 4.8v (4 cells) or 90 oz./in. & .16 sec. speed @ 6.0v (5 cells))

Thx
Old 01-18-2003, 03:24 PM
SmokyTyrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that's right. Most servos will experience an increase in torque and a decrease in transition time with a higher voltage (up to 6v) battery pack.

But to list all possible combinations would take too long. Instead why don't you take the initiative and surf around a bit for this information? To get your started, try www.hitecrcd.com, www.airtronics.net, www.towerhobbies.com, or just search this site for information.

Good luck!
Old 01-18-2003, 04:24 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reponse.

Perhaps I should have made myself a bit more clear. I was kind of hoping I could get a heads up from people who are actually using the 6.0v set up and whether it was cost effective, what brand/configuration they use, whether the added steering response was noticable, how long they get out of a charge, and all that kinda stuff.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2003, 06:24 PM
dwrenches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Avalanche
[B]Thanks for the reponse.

Perhaps I should have made myself a bit more clear. I was kind of hoping I could get a heads up from people who are actually using the 6.0v set up and whether it was cost effective, what brand/configuration they use, whether the added steering response was noticable, how long they get out of a charge, and all that kinda stuff.

in my savage i took out the 4 double AA batteries and bought a viper brand 5 cell(6volt) nmhi rechargable pack,cost was 22 bucks for batt.pack,7 bucks for charger and 6 bucks forwiring harness to adapt the new batt.pack, very easy install,you do not have to remove the batteries from the truck to recharge them either,and yes the performance improved also the brakes are stronger and the steering is more responsive.